• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel and a STANLEY CUP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Murray, but those were some greasy *** goals.

throw in some wide pipes and some suck *** NBC needs the money refs, and....well.

there will be a Game 7, and I hope they don't choke.

What in the hell do the Pens have to do to get a goal past Jone's?!?!?Can the opposing goalie have a bad night at least ONCE?!?!? I was afraid this game might be a huge letdown but they still owned the Sharks for most of the game. You swap Jone's with Murray and the Pens would have scored 10 tonight.

Hopefully Murray will have one of his famous bounce back's in game 6.....

It was a bad officiated game. Hate to blame the refs but it is what it is. Hoist that **** on enemy territory. **** the Sharks. Pens will get it done. Chill out guys

the minor to Hags at 5:00 or so was complete bullshit.

yeah, they killed it off, but it cost them 2 mins O time when they had momentum.

******* tv revenue bullshit call, compared to the **** they let go the whole game.

Lol....glad I didn't pay $1K+ for a ticket to that egg.

I dont think I would call that an egg....They owned the Sharks for most of the game besides that first 4 minutes.

Damn Jones just made some unbelievable saves. Cant possibly see how the Pens can play like that and lose 3 in a row.

I dont think I would call that an egg....They owned the Sharks for most of the game besides that first 4 minutes.

Damn Jones just made some unbelievable saves. Cant possibly see how the Pens can play like that and lose 3 in a row.

Agreed. Jones made some crucial saves, sharks got away with some ****. The cross check on Dumo, Burns cross checking Sid multiple times etc. mixed with our boys Jitters = a stanky ho. Raise Stanley on enemy ice, **** it. The city of Pittsburgh will see the cup during the parade. I wanted this game for the Pens and the yinzers in Console as well, but it's the Finals. Sometimes **** happens. I'm optimisitc

****. We have to win it in another city again. Eh, that's kind of cool too. **** San Jose. Let em file out silently. Bunch of jagg offs anyway.

Talked to my wife who is up in Pittsburgh for a conference and she said the town is "deflated". Like a death march walking back to the hotel. She said the Sharks are staying at her hotel. Suggested she sneeze really hard on Jones door handle.

The crowd outside jinxed us. Phil flubbed. But I'm not feeling any pain.

Lose another one so they can do it again!

Pens will rebound next game. Out hustled the sharks again. The nerves and refs were not helping the cause. The pressure is off our guys a little. Pens will get it done. Not really pissed off about this loss :/

Hardest trophy to win

Talked to my wife who is up in Pittsburgh for a conference and she said the town is "deflated". Like a death march walking back to the hotel. She said the Sharks are staying at her hotel. Suggested she sneeze really hard on Jones door handle.

Pens are still in this. Yinz gotta believe

Agreed. Jones made some crucial saves, sharks got away with some ****. The cross check on Dumo, Burns cross checking Sid multiple times etc. mixed with our boys Jitters = a stanky ho. Raise Stanley on enemy ice, **** it. The city of Pittsburgh will see the cup during the parade. I wanted this game for the Pens and the yinzers in Console as well, but it's the Finals. Sometimes **** happens. I'm optimisitc

Ignoring the blatant boarding was when I knew where the refs stood. Thought for sure a make up call would be coming, but it never did.

I put it on for 10 seconds and saw the second Sharks goal. I never should have turned the game on....

As many said, the boarding non call was ridiculous. Sid being punched in the back of the head 3 times coming around the boards also should have been called. Murray let in 3 weak goals, they are all going to go for the glove side between arm and hip. 4 posts and Jones on his head. The refs allowed the Sharks to play Flyer hockey all night. Hopefully the Pens play Game 6 like they are down 3-2 with more desperation and bury the pucks in the crease. I think the Sharks will be cocky and think NOW they got it going.

Does the network want another game? What are the ratings like? Seriously, I have no idea.

But still, the refs were bad. No doubt. But this one was all about Jones. The Pens really dominated most of the game and peppered him with amazing chances. He was great. If the Pens had come out and gotten outshot again and didn't put any pressure on them, I would be much more worried. They just have to keep playing like this and they will be ok. I hope.

Really like the post game comments from Sullivan and the team. No pointing fingers, or whining about the refs who were beyond horrible and should be ashamed.

Just go out in game 6 and get after it.

The way I look at it if Jones can play out of his mind like that and the Sharks can beat this team 3 straight games they deserve the cup.

Cant see that happening though.

Reactions: JMM
Let game 5 serve as a lesson to the morons who shelled out $1,000+ for a ticket.

Burns is getting away with a lot of ****. Damn the refs suck today. Hate to blame the refs but.....**** the refs

The network wanted another game. No other explanation for the awful refs.

Refs were terrible......you can not just no call a blatant, potential injury causing boarding. Also saw burns just forearm shiver Sid to the ice from behind.....******* announcer called it "good play off defense" ....I call it interference and roughing since Sid didn't have the puck. Dafuq? Pens completely dominated the cartilaginous cretins but their puck luck sucked. Could have been a blow out for the Pens....

As many said, the boarding non call was ridiculous. Sid being punched in the back of the head 3 times coming around the boards also should have been called. Murray let in 3 weak goals, they are all going to go for the glove side between arm and hip. 4 posts and Jones on his head. The refs allowed the Sharks to play Flyer hockey all night. Hopefully the Pens play Game 6 like they are down 3-2 with more desperation and bury the pucks in the crease. I think the Sharks will be cocky and think NOW they got it going.

Agree on everything except the goals......2 were weak as hell but one was a pretty nice redirect that would have been pretty tough to stop. Bounce back Murray......let's end this.

Can't buy the "extra games" conspiracy theory though.......Kessels whiffing on an empty net, a shot that clanks off the left post and parallels the goal line to bounce off the right post and out? Too many other close ones to list.......jones is playing very well, but he's been very lucky as well.

Time to change goalies - the hockey gods are not impressed with historic victories and invoking Murray as the next Patrick Roy will not be allowed.

Fleury will get the win in San Jose, Pittsburgh will not get win at home and everything will be as it should be.

yea verily

eh, just was not meant to win it in the Burgh. Jones stole it! Nothing else to say. The Pens peppered him with 40+ shots. If the Pens continue to play relentless with their attack, they will get goals to go in. Get it done on Sunday! All the pressure is on SJ. The Pens have to match it.

Watched the game at my neighbors house last night. He is a Yinzer from way back. They have a DVR so we used my phone with the Tune in Radio ap, my Bluetooth speakers and synced the video to the Pittsburgh broadcast. Worked great and didn't have to listen to one second of the NBC schmucks who occupied the booth.

Still hoping to hear Mike Lange's call upon them winning the cup.

Murray deserves the game six and seven, if needed, call... the Flower showed way too much rust.

Let game 5 serve as a lesson to the morons who shelled out $1,000+ for a ticket.

Why are they morons? For wanting to see the first championship raised in the city since 1960? For having an experience of a lifetime? Dumb comment.

That was such a disappointment. The Pens outclassed them in every area except goalie. Unfortunately their goalie stood on their head while ours laid an egg. But having about 30,000 in downtown watching on the screen with another 18,000+ inside would have made for something special for the city. As cool as it would be to win in Pittsburgh, I want them to finish this thing up on Sunday. You cannot give San Jose a glimmer of hope and right now, all of the pressure is on the Pens.

Yeah, I don't see how you could even think of putting Fleury in now. Maybe if Murray had a really horrific start Sunday, but not to start a game. Murray has bounced back well - gotta give him a chance to do it again. Pens will be more focused on the road. And as said before, Jones can't possibly do that again, can he?

Status
Not open for further replies.