• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2017-2018 Pittsburgh Penguins

How can a team change so much from one period to the next. I mean absolutely terrible. Lazy off target passes...just horrific

Well now it's win or go golfing.

The wheels came off in the third.

Eh the caps are so hell bent on beating us. They can have their playoff moment.
Until their core group hoist a cup, they don't impress me.

Series isn't over, gotta force a game 7 and be ready for Wilson

I think it's awesome how Brooks Orpik always goes after the smallest guy. Always.

Reactions: MTC
I think it's awesome how Brooks Orpik always goes after the smallest guy. Always.

He hasn't changed. He did the same with us.
Always had someone to drop the gloves for him

Just isn't good enough. Either of these teams will get trucked by Tampa Bay in the next round.

Yeah but I want go see the pens play Tampa. I'm 2 hours or so away..****. I don't see the pens winning 2 in a row. They can't even play right for 2 periods. Oh well. I've made peace with it. It was a good ride.

Reactions: MTC
To my mind, there is no excuse for this. You dominated the first two periods. You had chance after chance after chance. You gotta finish. The pens pissed this away. Letang needs to be released. **** trading him. No one would trade for him.

Yeah but I want go see the pens play Tampa. I'm 2 hours or so away..****. I don't see the pens winning 2 in a row. They can't even play right for 2 periods. Oh well. I've made peace with it. It was a good ride.

Same here man. This depleted roster exceeded my expectations.
It was great to knock the cryers out. Washington can have their 2nd round moment for once.

Until then, Ovie and co have no cups. What are we 9-1. Possibly 9-2 in playoff series against the caps? Lol.
We still own these *******

Letang is horrible and this is not Murray's year. He's been average with little help. Maata couldn't hit the broad side of barn and Malkin needs punched in the face for trying to pass instead of shooting the DAMN puck. Pens will be desperate. Will see how they come out on Monday.

This one stings. Played great the first period except for the last 1:30. Played great the second period got the lead back. The third was just terrible. We could not finish plays all night long. Pens have been crappy at home, better step it up

To my mind, there is no excuse for this. You dominated the first two periods. You had chance after chance after chance. You gotta finish. The pens pissed this away. Letang needs to be released. **** trading him. No one would trade for him.

Had to expect it eventually.
Which is why I wasn't comfy with a one goal lead. Pens have a talented roster, but a really weak defensive group.
Letang is truly anchoring down the D. Whatev.

I can live with it this year.

Letang is horrible and this is not Murray's year. He's been average with little help. Maata couldn't hit the broad side of barn and Malkin needs punched in the face for trying to pass instead of shooting the DAMN puck. Pens will be desperate. Will see how they come out on Monday.

Well if we force a game 7, it's be nice to win it on their ice...again lol.
But are we prepared to be embarrassed by Tampa?

Letang
Maatta
Simon
Kunhackle

Glaring weaknessses.
A not so 100% Phil Kessel
Brassard not really gelling in.

Sheary has actually had decent possession. Most of the roster can remain intact for next season.
Need a bit more grit and better D plug in's.

I think there's a cup or 2 left with Sid and Malkin

Two games where we were sloppy in the 3rd to give them the game. F***!!!!!

In fairness, they were sloppy in the third in game one and gave us a game. I guess the Pens are returning the favor in spades.

Always want that chance, don't we?

Two games where we were sloppy in the 3rd to give them the game. F***!!!!!

Lol. Relax SC. It's been helluva ride.
If we go down monday, we go down together.

All perspective now. Sucks to look so dominant one period and look stupid the next. But that was a regular ALL season

I can't ******* STAND LETANG!!! Why is this dipshit still on the team? And I swear he is on the ice more than any other Penguin. HE SUCKS ***!!! He HAS to go once this season is over!

Well if we force a game 7, it's be nice to win it on their ice...again lol.
But are we prepared to be embarrassed by Tampa?

I'd rather they get out away by Tampa then give the craps any satisfaction of moving on.

They need to get more guys in the center of the ice In the offensive zone. Those weak wrist shots from wide are worthless .

Is Murray hurt?
Dude gave up a soft one earlier. Both he and Letang are frustrating to say the least.

I can't ******* STAND LETANG!!! Why is this dipshit still on the team? And I swear he is on the ice more than any other Penguin. HE SUCKS ***!!! He HAS to go once this season is over!

I'm pretty sure his run is done. He was great for many years. That ship has sailed.

tampa is going to kick the everloving **** out of washington. gonna be lighting-golden knights for the cup

I'm pretty sure his run is done. He was great for many years. That ship has sailed.

Maybe, but the past three years, he has sucked, and he keeps getting worse. He and Holtby are the main reasons the Caps are up 3-2. He HAS to go, and he can take Maatta with him.

I'd rather they get out away by Tampa then give the craps any satisfaction of moving on.

They need to get more guys in the center of the ice In the offensive zone. Those weak wrist shots from wide are worthless .

I hear you 4evr, but the caps are lot more emotionally invested in this series.
That team really wants us lol. A blind squirrel gets their nut eventually.

If they beat us, let their fans talk lol. What bragging can they do? They still have to win a cup to be on our level.
The ovie era is closing. Can he win a cup? Maybe.

I fail to see it though.