• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2017-2018 Pittsburgh Penguins

tampa is going to kick the everloving **** out of washington. gonna be lighting-golden knights for the cup

I'd love to see Tampa sweep those *****.
They'll be so happy beating the Pens and finally get to the 3rd round. Lol.

Losing when your so close sucks a lot more than losing the 1st or 2nd round.

I'm still satly about the 07-08 cup. Now that stung

No Wilson AND Backstrom and no wonder we won without Letang last year.

Murray sucked too

well, until Matt, Kessel and Sully loses a series together, have to keep the faith. That's all I got. Will have to sleep this stinger off. Gonna be hard, though. I hate Washington.

Reactions: MTC
I really wanted to see us win in 6. Guess we'll have to do it in 7. Another couple years of premature aging due to Pittsburgh Sports...Schmucks. :)

It's not our year this year JMM. Remaining optimistic here too. But it's just not our year.

Speaking of Pittsburgh sports.
The caps beating the Pens....well imagine the day we finally beat the cheats in the playoffs.

Sadly we can identify with those washington ******** in heartbreak trying to beat a certain team

well, until Matt, Kessel and Sully loses a series together, have to keep the faith. That's all I got. Will have to sleep this stinger off. Gonna be hard, though. I hate Washington.

We were on the brink of elimination against Tampa a couple seasons ago.
Pens can outplay the caps. They are their own worst enemy though.

The mental mistakes were costly tonight.
When the team is on though is very encouraging.

Letang needs to go though.
Add in a few more key D men or a winger, a little bit of grit and the Pens are back in contention. I give Sully credit for squeezing out what he can with this roster.

Anywho. Chins up guys. Win or lose monday. Been a fun season with you guys again.

:)

Last edited:
I look for this to go to game 7

I picked the Caps in 6 based off of the way they came to life and started rolling after falling down 2-0 to Columbus. You can tell Holtby is not the same Holtby of years past. The first save he made after replacing Grubauer I had a feeling that was the start. Kinda like when the Pens got hot during the 2016 run.

Sometimes things happen at the right time and him getting benched was it I think.

Pens in 7.
Then Pens in 7.
Then Pens in 7. Will take a t least one OT...

In the end, will be most satisfying Cup yet.

Last edited:
Terrible third period was discouraging, considering how well the Pens played in the first two. Holtby was too good. Pens have to play like Monday is their last day of existence to win Game 6. It's been a stellar run, hope it can continue.

Terrible third period was discouraging, considering how well the Pens played in the first two. Holtby was too good. Pens have to play like Monday is their last day of existence to win Game 6. It's been a stellar run, hope it can continue.

Well it is win or go home. I'd expect the best they have left. They'll never have a chance at a three peat again

Not that they really have the defense anyway. If they had kept Reaves, Cole, Fluery and Bonino nobody would have stopped them

Last edited:
Like I said earlier in the thread, this series was lost because of the horrible trade when they were rolling. They've never recovered from that. Sometimes it's the trades you don't do that help the team.

Last night mirrored most of the season. Same players making the same mistakes. You add in the Pens current injury list and here we are. Bench coaching is still awful. Line changes are slow, sloppy and many times come when there was still opportunity to attack. The needs at the trade deadline weren't fully addressed. The ones that were didn't pan out. The talent pool at WBS is almost empty.

This series is the caps Stanley Cup finals. They played the 3rd period like it.

I sat near a bunch of casual cap fans. The ones that come out when it's trendy to be there. They spent more time on their phones and taking selfies than watching the game. Listening to their analysis during the game was painful and lowered my hockey IQ about a million points.

Still after all that. It's not over. The ask is for the Pens to win a home game, doable. If it comes down to a game 7, I wouldn't count us out.

It's not over until the fat lady sings.
Hopefully that ***** catches strep throat.

We've been in this situation before. If we lose tomorrow though,
Not gonna be down. To see a Pens team I've written off in the regular season put up a fight against a desperate capitals team says something.
Lol. The caps are so desperate, and I've accepted we just don't have the extra gear this season; we're still giving them a run for their money.

It's been a series I can be proud of my team playing hockey and not winning cheaply(taking runs at players etc.)
I can respect a player like Holtby, who by all means with his play earns his team wins.

Cause the Pens are just a few lucky bounces away from perhaps being up or moving onto the next series.
All I expected was for the Pens to put up a fight and they did.

Hopefully they can fix the leaks this offseason.

I sat near a bunch of casual cap fans. The ones that come out when it's trendy to be there. They spent more time on their phones and taking selfies than watching the game. Listening to their analysis during the game was painful and lowered my hockey IQ about a million points.

No matter the sport, that is your typical Washington fan. Someone behind me sat through the whole game and every time the Average 8 was on the ice I heard 'Ooh, Ovi is on the ice.'

Nationals games are worse. I bet 75% of the fans at a Nationals game couldn't tell you the score without looking at the scoreboard first. They go there to say they went and to socialize. They ignore the game completely until they hear something happening.

I was in section 112, row J. Kessel skated right down in front of us and threw a wrist shot on net. I expected a hard shot. It was so weak. He seemed to skate well even away from the play, but he has to have some sort of upper body injury. No other explanation for it.

... and what's with the capitals all Male ice cleaning team? Not what I expected to see... haha

https://www.russianmachineneverbrea...owel-fire-portrait-gallery-steps-celebration/

Stumbled upon this piece of hockey news awhile ago.
Obviously not a terrible towel, but will the curse of the towel pull through in our favor? Are the caps tempting bad juju?

#playoffhockey.

Don't bother with the comments section. Rmnb is like rooskie propaganda. Was considering on trolling as there are a few Pens "trolls" on their.
Not worth it lol.

Let's Go Pens!

*there

Backstrom may play tomorrow too.
Gonna be an intense game

This series is about net minders. We have been getting scoring chances. Holtby has been superb. Murray has been good, brilliant at times, but has left in some softies. That is the difference.

Murray has been below average. He's what barely over a .900 save percentage. That's not good enough.

This series is about net minders. We have been getting scoring chances. Holtby has been superb. Murray has been good, brilliant at times, but has left in some softies. That is the difference.

I am surprised the "We should have kept Fleury" talk hasn't started up yet. He looks outstanding tonight. As he has all season.

I wish we could have kept fleury, but the pens were in a bind. Very hard to trade away a 2 time 23yr cup champ when fleury is on the back part of his career. Murray has not been right since he came back and is taking more shots off his face. Also since he is getting beat high alot i it just seems like his reflexes are off. I hope he is not still having concussion symptoms. Maybe the loss of his dad just took a lot out of him and he is just not all there right now. Hopefully he can dig deep along with our bonehead defense.

Yeah, the Pens made the right move in their goalie situation. They had to keep/protect Murray and let MAF go one way or another. No win situation.

Would be nice though to be able to drop MAF into game 6...

Yeah, the Pens made the right move in their goalie situation. They had to keep/protect Murray and let MAF go one way or another. No win situation.

Would be nice though to be able to drop MAF into game 6...

Murray is having an off year.
Injuries and his mental edge is off --- could be the passing of his father.
He'll be ok down the line.

I believe most of the team is banged up right now.
Especially some crucial guys in Malkin, Kessel and Hornqvist.
Cannot complain about our game 6. The guys are battling and leaving it out there.

All that said **** the caps and lets force a game 7