• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2017-2018 Pittsburgh Penguins

I am surprised the "We should have kept Fleury" talk hasn't started up yet. He looks outstanding tonight. As he has all season.

VGK is a special team.
MAF is no doubt a big part of keeping them in it.
Engelland and Shmidt are playing solid as well.

If the Pens had just a few good defensive standings,
I see no reason why they wouldn't be prepping for Tampa right now.

Murray is letting in soft ones, but still doing just enough to win.
Pens gotta score and need more contribution from their role players.

In other news, Boston is OUT!!!!!!

Why is Kessel not getting attacked here? The Caps are pressuring him every time he touches the puck. The Game winner was Oshie pressuring him on the PP. WTF Kessel? Get the puck to your teammates quickly or Sit the **** down.

Why is Kessel not getting attacked here? The Caps are pressuring him every time he touches the puck. The Game winner was Oshie pressuring him on the PP. WTF Kessel? Get the puck to your teammates quickly or Sit the **** down.

He has been mentioned a few times that he must be injured. His decision making and play is off. He played better Sat, but still not the same player we've seen. They all are in the "pass first, shoot second" mode. They have to pepper Holtby tonight and Murray needs to steal this game to go to Game 7. They are good enough to win this series, but it's going to take a monumental effort. WASH can feel it and is hungrier. Why shouldn't they be? They are about to kill their nemesis.

Reactions: MTC
He has been mentioned a few times that he must be injured. His decision making and play is off. He played better Sat, but still not the same player we've seen. They all are in the "pass first, shoot second" mode. They have to pepper Holtby tonight and Murray needs to steal this game to go to Game 7. They are good enough to win this series, but it's going to take a monumental effort. WASH can feel it and is hungrier. Why shouldn't they be? They are about to kill their nemesis.

Definitely this

The Pens need to get at Holtby often.
This series has been Murray vs Holtby.

Caps are not that good either, but they are desperate to slay their Pens dragon, which makes me amused as a Pens fan.

Knowing this is one of our more banged up rosters in quite some time and still giving a desperate caps team a 5+ game series. Lol. It's great

Definitely this

The Pens need to get at Holtby often.
This series has been Murray vs Holtby.

Caps are not that good either, but they are desperate to slay their Pens dragon, which makes me amused as a Pens fan.

Knowing this is one of our more banged up rosters in quite some time and still giving a desperate caps team a 5+ game series. Lol. It's great

Pushing them to Game 7 should have them worried. That's how the series should end, right? Just like the Ravens/Steelers. Fourth quarter stop or drive to win it. All on the line to move on to the AFCCG. . . yea, that's how we want it. The Pens can do it. We've seen it before with Malkin or Sid taking over a game. I'm anxious to see what Sully has up his sleeves tonight. How are they going to pull the rug out from the Craps? Maybe they do in a defensive-mode game, get a lead and kill them with the trap? If they get behind, trying to catch up could be tough. Pens will take more chances and WASH will kill us with the odd-man rushes while we are pinching. Have to play smart and defense first.

Pushing them to Game 7 should have them worried. That's how the series should end, right? Just like the Ravens/Steelers. Fourth quarter stop or drive to win it. All on the line to move on to the AFCCG. . . yea, that's how we want it. The Pens can do it. We've seen it before with Malkin or Sid taking over a game. I'm anxious to see what Sully has up his sleeves tonight. How are they going to pull the rug out from the Craps? Maybe they do in a defensive-mode game, get a lead and kill them with the trap? If they get behind, trying to catch up could be tough. Pens will take more chances and WASH will kill us with the odd-man rushes while we are pinching. Have to play smart and defense first.

The series should end down to the wire.
Ovie vs Sid. It's the nhl's golden match up each year.
It's a playoff rivalry. Even if both teams are at their weakest, those rivalry games bring out the best.

The Pens can get it done, but I'm not expecting them to.
Every loss this series hasn't had me on edge as years prior.

Pissed? Sure. Want to stick it to Trotz and Wilson and Kutzenov's stupid bird celebration.
But being up on the caps record wise and the hardware to show for, makes me ok.

The series should end down to the wire.
Ovie vs Sid. It's the nhl's golden match up each year.
It's a playoff rivalry. Even if both teams are at their weakest, those rivalry games bring out the best.

The Pens can get it done, but I'm not expecting them to.
Every loss this series hasn't had me on edge as years prior.

Pissed? Sure. Want to stick it to Trotz and Wilson and Kutzenov's stupid bird celebration.
But being up on the caps record wise and the hardware to show for, makes me ok.

I hate the Pens losing and it will suck that it's to the Craps, but I'm OK knowing that TB will kick their ***. They have exceeded expectations from the two Cups to this year's run. I'll gladly take a Game 7 and see where the chips fall. If it's not the Pens, so be it and I will get into Steeler Mode.

From the casual fan's perspective:
1) I wasn't 100% sold on beating the Caps anyway, but pushing them to a Game 6/7 with a banged-up roster is fun to watch
2) Phil Kessel has something going on, his puck handling has been horrible and his shots are erratic as hell
3) If the Pens do push a game 7, watch Washington tighten-up...

Damn I love playoff Hockey!!!

Im a fan but more casual... playoff fan.. lol

Kessel looks off and should be embarrassed about what oshie did to him last night in 3rd pd.

Coach has talked abou pulling kessel and inserting this Sprong guy I read an article.
I think that is exactly what needs done for game 6.

I think sitting kessel would put a fire in his ***.
A fire we will need for game 7, because wilson is coming back for the craps.

The Caps will play their best game of the series tonight... They want no part of a game 7 in Washington... The Pens come out flying tonight and win, I'd bet on the Pens by 3 or 4 goals in game 7.

As far as Murray goes, I'd blame the defense before I'd put blame on him. He's been getting hammered with breakaways, due to bad puck handling and turnovers. I believe if we can put a defense as strong as Vegas' in front of him and he'd do just as well as MAF if not better.

I had no access to a TV on Saturday night so I listened to the game over the Penguins broadcast internet feed. It sure sounded like the fans were getting on the Caps in the second. I could have sworn the series was about to take a turn at that point but Holtby stood strong and we couldn't buy a couple insurance goals. I sincerely believe that the Pens have nothing to lose at this point and their play will be more "all-out". If the Pens can manage to get up on them by a couple goals they will tighten up and fear losing another opportunity to advance to the conference final. We win tonight and the Caps will choke at home. We move on to play TB.

Yes, the fans were getting on them. I commented to the guy I was with (Caps fan) that they sure are a miserable bunch. All I heard around me all night was conspiracy theories on why the NHL will never let the Caps beat the Penguins, etc.

images

Lets go some good JuJu

I don't like the way the Pens as a whole are playing. Yes Sid and Jake are carrying the load, but this team is making bad decisions and having mental lapses at crucial times of the game. Washington has played very high pressure all series long, and the Pens just don't seem to be able to handle it. Letang and Kessel have cost this team in spades, and Murray has been hung out to dry so many times I can't count. The rest of the team has just been ok. I keep reading about how the Pens are beat up and hurting, but every team is this time of year. Hell, the Caps were short Wilson and Backstrom(3rd) last game and that was when they looked their best. I don't know what to think. I will watch and cheer and ***** and hope the Pens somehow find a way tonight. But they have to be better for 60 minutes to do it. They looked fantastic through two periods Saturday. Then in the third, they just **** the bed. I don't get it.

Well they really **** the bed at the end of the first giving up two goals in like 30 seconds. The second was great and the third was shameful. I think the pens will handle a game 7 better than wash let's just hope it gets there.

On a side note kessel looked pretty good for 2 periods then seemed to have a relapse in the 3rd

Game 7 is on the schedule boys.
Time to defend the crown!

Let's Go Pens!

I don't like the way the Pens as a whole are playing. Yes Sid and Jake are carrying the load, but this team is making bad decisions and having mental lapses at crucial times of the game. Washington has played very high pressure all series long, and the Pens just don't seem to be able to handle it. Letang and Kessel have cost this team in spades, and Murray has been hung out to dry so many times I can't count. The rest of the team has just been ok. I keep reading about how the Pens are beat up and hurting, but every team is this time of year. Hell, the Caps were short Wilson and Backstrom(3rd) last game and that was when they looked their best. I don't know what to think. I will watch and cheer and ***** and hope the Pens somehow find a way tonight. But they have to be better for 60 minutes to do it. They looked fantastic through two periods Saturday. Then in the third, they just **** the bed. I don't get it.

They have been this way all year long week to week, game to game and period to period. Remember this team wasn't even in the playoffs in December. All we heard was oh its just the regular season. They will switch it on for the playoffs bla bla bla. Too much talent and leadership lost. From the first game when they got slapped around by the Blackhawks I have been skeptical.

I will watch tonight and hope for the best but expect the worst. I don't think the Caps will let another opportunity like this slip away. I expect them to come out and lay it to the Pens big time in the 1st. If Murray can withstand the onslaught then the Pens have a chance.

Doesn't really matter to me though. I am grateful to have had the chance to witness this 3 year run they have been on.

I have Mikey and Ol' 29er all fired up, TV volume turned down and ready to roll. Have fingers and toes crossed the Pens smack these ******* up!

Let's Go Pens!!!!!!

Reactions: JMM
Do we really have no one that is better than a 60% Kessel we can bring up?