• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2017-2018 Pittsburgh Penguins

They do suck. I'll be lucky to catch 2 periods before I pass out. Just too late for us Easterners.

Our forecheck is too soft to just keep dumping it in. I wish someone would skate it in sometimes.

Nice time to show up Cole!!

Also, there are a TON of Pens fans there.

Had a nap today, so I'm watching both the football game and the hockey game. Nice to see Fleury play the Pens. Bittersweet, yet still exciting and nostalgic.

Had a nap today, so I'm watching both the football game and the hockey game. Nice to see Fleury play the Pens. Bittersweet, yet still exciting and nostalgic.

Fleury is playing really aggressive tonight. I think he knows the tendencies of most of our guys.
The supporting players are really gonna have to step up this game.

All said, that was a fun first period. I really dig Vegas' atmosphere.
I've followed them a bit this season. Rooting for them to take the west

I'm watching both the football game and the hockey game.

I wondered if anyone cared about that football game.

On a related note, I will be in Pittsburgh for the cheaters game on Sunday, then into Denver for the Pens game on Monday. Hoping for a good pair of wins!!

It would be nice to get a legit rebound once in a while.

MAF sure was in his zone last night. When that happens, he is tough to beat. Murray wasn't bad either. Another disappointing lack of effort.

Only positive I have is that Simon has a chance to make a difference. He definitely has some skills. I hope we keep him up long enough for him to get in sync.

Vegas did a pretty decent job limiting our offensive opportunities.
Any chances that did arise were quickly shut down by MAF. He played lights out.

Murray held up well, looked a bit rusty. But hopefully he regains that rock solid attitude back.
Vegas seems like a tough atmosphere. It was a great game on that aspect alone.

Sheahan's line is standing out more.
I still think Reaves is under utilized. The guy can skate and can play hockey

Either play Reaves enough to see what he's got or move on. 5-7 minutes isn't enough to see much. I like the guy, he has a great sense of humor but we cannot afford another guy that can't score.
Reaves value as an enforcer is much when we are losing.

The hope for Sheahan was that coming here would improve his scoring. He has a decent shot. Seems to be in the right place often enough. He has never scored more than 14 goals. I think he has better skills than that. Maybe this is why I'm not a GM ?

This team has lost it

BLOCKBUSTER TIME

Jim Rutherford is close to considering a ‘major trade’ to shake up Penguins

LAS VEGAS — Penguins general manager Jim Rutherford isn’t happy.

Neither is Evgeni Malkin.

“Rutherford : We’re coming in to a critical period where we’ll make a decision whether we need to shake things up or not”

Asked whether he would do something big to create a ripple effect and get his team’s attention, Rutherford simply replied, “Yes.”

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...rs-nhl-playoff-standings/stories/201712130195

This team has lost it

BLOCKBUSTER TIME

Jim Rutherford is close to considering a ‘major trade’ to shake up Penguins

LAS VEGAS — Penguins general manager Jim Rutherford isn’t happy.

Neither is Evgeni Malkin.

“Rutherford : We’re coming in to a critical period where we’ll make a decision whether we need to shake things up or not”

Asked whether he would do something big to create a ripple effect and get his team’s attention, Rutherford simply replied, “Yes.”

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...rs-nhl-playoff-standings/stories/201712130195

"Whatever it takes!"

Either play Reaves enough to see what he's got or move on. 5-7 minutes isn't enough to see much. I like the guy, he has a great sense of humor but we cannot afford another guy that can't score.
Reaves value as an enforcer is much when we are losing.

Didn't understand the move then and I don't understand it now. Went against everything that helped them win two Cups.

Didn't understand the move then and I don't understand it now. Went against everything that helped them win two Cups.

Reaves is really under utilized. He's strong on and off the puck.
In his few minutes played he's aggressive on the forecheck. I don't understand why the coaches do not see it.

Same can be said for Sheahan and Hagelin. Sure they're not producing the goals. But the pressure and chances generated I like.

Malkin and Kessel are clicking, but they need another winger. Love Hornqvist cause he goes 110% on the ice everytime, but Malkin's line needs one more winger.

If the team doesn't make the playoffs, and again it's still pretty early to say if they do or don't.
Just go down fighting. I appreciate the cup wins and do think the team can benefit from an actual off-season.

Some guys haven't really had the time frame like other teams to recover, strength & conditioning etc.
It'll be fun spring for the Pens, I'll say that.

Hoping for a post season push.

I still think we will back our way into the playoffs, hell almost everyone gets in. We'll draw against a high seed and be one and done.

There will be a shake up trade shortly. Question is will it be a win now or later plan ? Sid and Geno aren't getting any younger.

The Reaves experiment has been puzzling ? What I'd like to see is get him in front of the net. He's a big screen with enough skill to make something happen. May help us actually score some 3 and 4 line goals.
I like Reaves in what he brings to the locker room. He's positive and fit in fast. Funny as hell when interviewed. Shame he hasn't been over 15 points in his career.

Always blacked out of games against the Yotes. Damn desert market

Good game, good win, needed the two points badly. A lot closer than it should have been. Pens should have beaten them soundly. Raanta was impressive.

Always blacked out of games against the Yotes. Damn desert market

My usual feed had issues last night. My back up worked fine. Reddit NHL Stream. Look under the comments and there will be choices.
Usually the first choice is best. Occasionally I have to watch the opposing team but that's 3-4 times a year at the most. As long as you have a good ad blocker it works.
Usually the feeds go up 5-10 minutes before the game.

Reactions: MTC
Pens moved the puck really well last night. Out shot the Yotes 33-17. Can't believe Murray let in two of 17. Losing a 2-0 lead and having to fight back makes for nice drama but really just shows where this team has been all year.

0/4 on the PP, against one of the few teams worse then us shows how much we miss Shultz.

A win is a win even if against a 7 and 23 team.

"Whatever it takes!"

I wonder what his version of a blockbuster would be right now

Would they trade Letang? Would anybody want him with his injury history

I don't really want to lose any young D, although Matta might be tradeable

Last edited:
I wonder what his version of a blockbuster would be right now

Would they trade Letang? Would anybody want him with his injury history

I don't really want to lose any young D, although Matta might be tradeable

I would stick Letang out there for trade bait. I think they could net a #2 center for him, plus you could potentially keep Cole and add around the trade deadline. Letang makes a lot of money and he is no longer in the Karlsson comparison.