• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2017-2018 Pittsburgh Penguins

Reaves and Phil are fire right now too.
Reaves better stay on the roster from here on out.
I keep pimping he offers more than just being an enforcer cause it's the truth

We gave up a first for him. He better play...

what a night! Very emotional, but well earned W. Vegas is good. They look anything but an expansion team. Reaves, Phil, Malkin, Cole- played very well tonight. Too many injuries, though.

Against a pretty damn good Vegas team. I'll take it too.
Very entertaining hockey game despite the off ice storyline to this game.

MAF still shows some love to the goal post. Pens dinged the bar a few times.
Miss that MAF as our goalie

Got Dallas next.

Reactions: MTC
the one thing I'll say, MAF is a legend and very loved in this city, but the fans need to get behind Matt Murray now. He's the starting goalie with two rings of his own. He is the now and future. I really was hoping he got a chant from the fans at the end of the game. He is a Penguin after all.

the one thing I'll say, MAF is a legend and very loved in this city, but the fans need to get behind Matt Murray now. He's the starting goalie with two rings of his own. He is the now and future. I really was hoping he got a chant from the fans at the end of the game. He is a Penguin after all.

I agree with what your saying, but to me murray is the anti fleury. Murray seems to have the personality of a wet paper bag. Murray is a good goalie he is just no where near as likable as fleury. I do like murray, but fleury is just a special character

I agree with what your saying, but to me murray is the anti fleury. Murray seems to have the personality of a wet paper bag. Murray is a good goalie he is just no where near as likable as fleury. I do like murray, but fleury is just a special character

I'm not taking anything away MAF. He deserved everything he got tonight. The tribute, standing O, all the love. He is more likable. I would never dispute that, but the page needs to turn. MM seems like a quieter guy.

I heard that MAF threw a temper tantrum after the game. What was that about?

Compared to MAF. Murray has a pretty small sample of games played. He's a quiet kid. His playing style is like his personality, getting it done without the athleticism that MAF has.

Many seem to have forgotten the times most wanted to hang MAF from a high tree. Last night was a perfect example. Get the first one, keep the pressure on and the gates open. That said, with all of the built in emotions, I don't know how he held up as long as he did.

Reactions: MTC
Kessel is #2, Malkin #3 in NHL scoring.

I read where Kessel came in to start the season in the best shape of his life. It shows, you don't see him bent over sucking wind near what he used to. Malkin has been on fire for the last 5 weeks. Sid is quietly #9 and searching for Goal 400. My hope is the tight Metro doesn't wear them down before the playoff's.

Injuries are mounting. JR has 3 weeks until the trade deadline. It's going to be interesting to see what he has up his sleeve.

We gave up a first for him. He better play...

As he should be playing.
He's aggressive on puck chasing, he owns the corners of the rink, creates offensive opportunity.

The guy can play, he just happens to be really good at fighting too.

On the injury front: What happened to Kunhackle?
I saw Rowney go back in after that blocked shot. Did he leave again?

Murray is our guy.
I think fans rally behind him.

Given last nights game and MAF's tenure as a Penguin.
MAF was deserving of the positive attention.

But at the same time, emotions aside, you have to go out and win the game.
I think guys like Reaves, Sheahan, Oleksiak --- guys who were not part of the Pens
the past few years, were able to not the emotional aspect hit them.

Malkin's line woke up in the 3rd period.
Malkin and Kessel were flying in the 3rd.

Murray is our guy.
I think fans rally behind him.

Given last nights game and MAF's tenure as a Penguin.
MAF was deserving of the positive attention.

But at the same time, emotions aside, you have to go out and win the game.
I think guys like Reaves, Sheahan, Oleksiak --- guys who were not part of the Pens
the past few years, were able to not the emotional aspect hit them.

Malkin's line woke up in the 3rd period.
Malkin and Kessel were flying in the 3rd.

that's what I'm saying, there still was two important points on the table that the Pens needed.

It was a magical evening and will not be soon forgotten. One of the best welcome back games I can remember for anyone.

Phil and Malkin are something to behold on the ice in the last month. Holy moley! They are on fire.

I didn't follow the injury situation and there is no real word yet on the injuries.

Still it was very respectful of the fans to celebrate Fleury as they did. I wouldn't expect it to be as warm the next time he returns, and I'm sure the Pens fans will be rooting hard for Murray if they play against Vegas in the finals.

Thanks for the reports guys. Been working on the west coast the last couple of weeks. No time for watching any games. Do the Pens have a coach or what? Unreal what the guy has done in less than 3 seasons.

Thanks for the reports guys. Been working on the west coast the last couple of weeks. No time for watching any games. Do the Pens have a coach or what? Unreal what the guy has done in less than 3 seasons.

If Sully pulls another cup this year it would be amazing. Especially in a salary cap era. He's definitely got the swagger to make it happen.

Gotta investigate Dallas for some bounty gate.
These guys are going for some hits tonight
O.o

Pens still up 2-1 end of the 2nd.

Would love to get two points tonight!!!

Need a win in St. Louis on sunday.

Missing Hornqvist in these chippy games.
Nothing against Aston-Reese. Kid played an aggressive forecheck tonight.
But the Pens lack that dirtiness in front of the opposing goalie right now.

For the most part the Pens played decent.
Hagelin, Sheahan and Oleksiak had another solid game.

Reaves was utilized more as a physical presence than a skater.
Broke away with what worked against Vegas

Last edited:
Pens lost some good opportunities with sloppy line changes. Guys off early and guys on late.

I thought Simon was ready to break out and make a difference. He has been quiet. ZAR looked OK and even picked up an assist. None of these WBS call up are taking advantage of the opportunity. Maybe we will see Teddy Blueger in St. Louis.

Two things we need. Sid has to get out of his goal scoring slump and Horny needs to get back on the ice.