• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2017-2018 Pittsburgh Penguins

I don't remember Letang being this bad.
I always thought he was pretty solid before he had his stroke.

Seemed when he came back, he came back short tempered and lack of awareness.

Cole and Oleksiak are playing lights out.
You could see how determined Oleksiak was to beat his old team.

He's physical too.

Letang does need to go. I'm out of excuses for him. He is physically capable but his mental game is awful. I guess we'll see between now and the deadline.

Sarge, we are hitting the boards and corners HARD. Like a playoff game. That's what I like about the play today.

I saw some that in the 2nd, not so much in the first. I thought they were pretty tentative and sloppy in the first.

Hard work creates a mistake by the opponent and results in a goal. Sheahan!!

After what I thought was a listless first period, they settled in and took control of the game. They were downright dominant late in the third. Murray was ******* fantastic the whole game long. Big win against a good opponent.

Did Emerick just mention Konstatin Koltsov in the closing credits? I wonder is it THAT Konstantin Koltsov?

Elvis has left the building and Sid gets 400&401. Rust was a wrecking ball. Damn good game by him. Maybe they should bring the dad's in more often

Rust got away with a hold though lol.
Rust and Sheahan took that 3rd over

Did Emerick just mention Konstatin Koltsov in the closing credits? I wonder is it THAT Konstantin Koltsov?

I missed that. Was it in reference to the Olympics ? I was stuck on the "Chilly Billy"

Sounded like he may have been part of the crew.

He was just about the worst first round pick the Pens ever had. Absolutely hated to see him on the ice. I thought he might still be playing in Europe. He would be late 30's or so.

Great game. Sid at 401 and counting. Great that he can hit these milestones after his neck issue was corrected. At that point it looked like he may never play again. Now he's won 2 titles and is continuing to pack on the stats. Keep it going Sid!

Sarge, I was talking about the offensive zone mostly. They were forechecking hard in the first and beating the Blues in the corners. That's what I saw. They had 3 or 4 great scoring chances early in the 1st, then their passing got a little lax, and they let up some chances.

The only thing I have a problem with is the Stars of the game:
1) Sid, no problem at all. 2 goals, hits 400 goals, and they win
2) Murray, another excellent call. 1 GA and was a wall. Robbed 4 legit goals today
3) Malkin? You ******* kidding me? He slept walked through that game. Not a factor going through the motions. No goals, no assists, no energy...

Rust was robbed and should have been 3rd star. Go ahead goal, and was a monster all over the rink. Created multiple TOs in the offensive end on the forecheck. Rust jumped off the page today, and Malkin was given a star on name recognition.

Great game. Sid at 401 and counting. Great that he can hit these milestones after his neck issue was corrected. At that point it looked like he may never play again. Now he's won 2 titles and is continuing to pack on the stats. Keep it going Sid!

Sarge, I was talking about the offensive zone mostly. They were forechecking hard in the first and beating the Blues in the corners. That's what I saw. They had 3 or 4 great scoring chances early in the 1st, then their passing got a little lax, and they let up some chances.

The only thing I have a problem with is the Stars of the game:
1) Sid, no problem at all. 2 goals, hits 400 goals, and they win
2) Murray, another excellent call. 1 GA and was a wall. Robbed 4 legit goals today
3) Malkin? You ******* kidding me? He slept walked through that game. Not a factor going through the motions. No goals, no assists, no energy...

Rust was robbed and should have been 3rd star. Go ahead goal, and was a monster all over the rink. Created multiple TOs in the offensive end on the forecheck. Rust jumped off the page today, and Malkin was given a star on name recognition.

Rust and Sheahan were robbed. That 3rd period was all them.
I liked Sheahan's hustle on the almost 2nd goal for him.

Malkin may be hurt.
Dallas put an *** whoopin on him on friday night. **** looked bounty gate type head hunting.

Sid is motivated again. He goes through periods of slumps and invincible.
Sid is peaking at the right time. Sullivan just needs to keep his wingers consistent

Finally Sid gets this whole 400 thing past him. I look for him to go on a tear know. Murray outstanding. I know I feel a lot better about them making a run in the playoffs now, compared to a month ago. Between the young guys stepping up, and the veterans tearing it up, this team might be a nightmare in a 7 game series.

Am I seeing this right? Lines tonight:

1. Reese Crosby Sheary
2. Rust Malkin Sheehan
3. Kessel Guentzel Hagelin

Reese with his first nhl goal.
Kessel denied to make the game 5-2.

Like the score, but the Pens cannot clear pucks to save their life