• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2017-2018 Pittsburgh Penguins

Sid has to get out of his goal scoring slump.

He has to stop thinking pass first. You will not score on 100% of the shots you don't take. Sid has a good shot, possibly the best backhand in the game, and just needs to shoot once in a while. I know he has great vision on the ice, but damn, shoot man.

Seriously, why the hell are Maatta and Letang still being put on the ice. I'm sorry, but they both suck, especially Matta. Both are consistently turnover machines. And Maatta was responsible for the Stars' third goal, as that jackass knocked the goalie stick outta Murray's hands. And Letang for God knows why reason, nearly scored the game winning goal at the end of regulation as an empty netter FOR THE STARS!! I don't understand the fascination with these two, they both gotta go!!

Reactions: MTC
Crosby had some good scoring chances in the game, just barely missed. He's still playing very well, even if the shots aren't going. I have a feeling that once he gets 400, it'll open the flood gates.

Seriously, why the hell are Maatta and Letang still being put on the ice. I'm sorry, but they both suck, especially Matta. Both are consistently turnover machines. And Maatta was responsible for the Stars' third goal, as that jackass knocked the goalie stick outta Murray's hands. And Letang for God knows why reason, nearly scored the game winning goal at the end of regulation as an empty netter FOR THE STARS!! I don't understand the fascination with these two, they both gotta go!!

Letang has been frustrating all season.
Maatta has his down moments, but he's not so bad.
He has his peaks and valleys. But a few guys on defense need a dose of reality.

Cole and Oleksiak are surprisingly underrated.
And yeah Sid is getting the job done quietly.

Last nights game, the Stars were after our stars.
Malkin turtled after a few attempts to rough him up.

Sid was playing well, but had his head on a swivel

Last edited:
I just can't stand Maatta, every time I watch, he seems to be f'ing up big time, repeatedly. We really need Hornqvuist back.

Nice to have a national tv game today at noon. Let's hope it's a great showing and Sid gets a hat trick! Just a W will do though.

Letang has always been a high risk/reward player. Up until the past two weeks, I wanted him traded. His play has improved but he is still nowhere near the pre-surgery Letang.

Dumo hasn't played all that well this year either.

I will say this. Since Oleksiak came on and Cole has played. Our goal differential has improved. I have to hand it to JR Oleksiak has been a find.

Letang has always been a high risk/reward player. Up until the past two weeks, I wanted him traded. His play has improved but he is still nowhere near the pre-surgery Letang.

Dumo hasn't played all that well this year either.

I will say this. Since Oleksiak came on and Cole has played. Our goal differential has improved. I have to hand it to JR Oleksiak has been a find.

I don't remember Letang being this bad.
I always thought he was pretty solid before he had his stroke.

Seemed when he came back, he came back short tempered and lack of awareness.

Cole and Oleksiak are playing lights out.
You could see how determined Oleksiak was to beat his old team.

He's physical too.

Yay, afternoon hockey.

Letang hasn't looked bad the last few seasons because he's been too injured to be a negative factor. I move Letang if I'm the GM.

Pens are humming today and getting great chances.

We must be watching a different game. I thought they looked lethargic at times and their stick work isn't real great.

Pens have bad offensive zone set up.
Murray is also facing some tough shots.
Gotta clear that puck.

I think other than that a pretty even game

Letang needs to go

He hasn't been real good this year. He doesn't look totally incompetent anymore, but man he makes mistakes at the worst times. Seems whenever a team needs momentum, just pressure Letang. He'll **** it up and help ya out.

Man that was a tight little crack he stuck that in...haha

I'm not blaming that goal at all on Letang's forecheck. It's all on the defenseman starfishing out on the ice. He stays on his skates, that's never a goal.

Odd way to get the 400 monkey off Sid's back, but I'll take it.

Sarge, we are hitting the boards and corners HARD. Like a playoff game. That's what I like about the play today.

Murray is the reason why this game is tied. He is on today!

Pens have to get him some goals!

Holy ****, he's getting peppered late this Pd.

Happy for Sid to get 400 !

Ironic that St. Louis played Donny Iris close to the end of the second.