• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2017-2018 Pittsburgh Penguins

Yea, that Quick run in 12 was insane. I've seen goalies steal a series, or 2, but Quick stole a cup for that team. I'm pretty sure they were the 8th seed that year as well in the west. The close second was Hassek. He got that dogshit team all the way to the Stanley Cup, only to lose in 3OT by a miscalled illegal crease violation to Hull. To this day, I don't think we will ever see a goalie as dominant as Hassek was in those 5 years.

Quick is easily one of the elite goalies of this era. The guy is an absolute beast when healthy
I'm actually shocked the Kings have missed the playoffs or have not went deep since their last win. They've always been a pretty solid defensive team, I thought Sutter structured that roster amazing during his tenure.

I see a lot of similarites in the way Sullivan handles the roster.

Hassek? I'm thinking of the Dominik Hassek.
Didn't he get swept by the Pens?

Quick is easily one of the elite goalies of this era. The guy is an absolute beast when healthy
I'm actually shocked the Kings have missed the playoffs or have not went deep since their last win. They've always been a pretty solid defensive team, I thought Sutter structured that roster amazing during his tenure.

I see a lot of similarites in the way Sullivan handles the roster.

Hassek? I'm thinking of the Dominik Hassek.
Didn't he get swept by the Pens?

Nope, he was backup to Eddie the Eagle. He only played in game 4 after Belfor was pulled.

How many goalies you know that win Hart trophies? He won 2 of them. When Lemieux and Gretzky were playing. Nobody could score on him those years. He was so good, he even got the Czech team a gold in the olympics, and won medals in the world cup of Hockey Championships for the Czechs.

I style my play by him, and even pull off the Hassek roll. Also why I still wear a skater helmet with a cage in net. Better visibility than goalie masks.

Leafs @ Pens
Shultz is out. No clue why.
Hunnwick is in.

Fast paced 1st period.
That was entertaining. Both teams have some speed

Damn leafs do not go away.
Pens need to bank on the remaining seconds of their PP

Nhln is showing highlights of the Devils/Lightning

Lovejoy scored for the Devils lol.
Was an underrated Pen during his time here

Malkin looked pretty good tonight.
Rust and Hagelin were flying.

Any night where Letang is playing smart is a good night

Rust&Hagelin are x factors on this team. Glad the team stopped lollygaging awhile back. Just got to stay healthy.

Another win against a quality opponent. This team is rolling right now. That is 11 straight at home and 4 straight over all. Washington is getting pasted in Chicago right now. Last I saw it was 7-1. That kinda stuff helps.

1 point below the Caps. They have played two less games.

Murray another good night.

Letang had probably his best game of the year. He really stepped up with Shultz out.

ZAR looked like an NHL player. We'll see what they do with him when Hornqvist returns.

It's about time I go to another game. Bought tickets for the Flyers on 3/25.

Leafs @ Pens
Shultz is out. No clue why.
Hunnwick is in.

They said Shultz has the flu. I hope they don't pass it around. Letang had his best game of the year. (it's about time).

Last edited:
You know what pisses me off ? Malkin reached a milestone of 900 career points. Very little media attention. He is one goal behind Ovechkin and you just don't hear about it.

He wasn't an All Star, snubbed for the NHL top 100........Bullshit.

You know what pisses me off ? Malkin reached a milestone of 900 career points. Very little media attention. He is one goal behind Ovechkin and you just don't hear about it.

He keeps going the way he's going this year it will speak loud enough for all to hear. The next time they come up with some list he will be on it. What they can't miss is his name etched on the Stanley Cup three times.

Keep that chip on Geno's shoulders. He is playing lights out and determined. The save MM made in the first was one of the best of the year. Holy shitballs. He's playing well. Hags has his wheels and the whole team looks solid. They have gathered some impressive wins against some good teams. Tonight will be fun, but tough. B2B and in Columbus will not be easy, as the Jackets need a win.

TOR is a damn good, young team. Their time is coming and they should have some Cups in the future. They were a tough out last year and it wouldn't surprise me if they are in the ECF.

Malkin doesn't even get respect in this town half the time. Not surprised he doesn't get a ton of media attention elsewhere.

Malkin keeps producing.
The players in the league know he's top 100.

Ultimate snub.
But he has the hardware to give a middle finger to the committee who determined that list