• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2017-2018 Pittsburgh Penguins

NJ wins in shootout. End their 4 game skid while ending the Flyers 4 game win streak.

And Winnepeg did come back to win in OT vs the Caps, stealing a point from them. they were up by 2 going into the 3rd...

There was a couple behind the glass near the fight who seemed to enjoy it.
And during replay getting a chuckle out of their reaction

I was at the opposite end where the Pens shoot twice so it was kind of hard to see what happened, how it started. I was just happy that we are still in their heads. We own them and the Craps.

I was at the opposite end where the Pens shoot twice so it was kind of hard to see what happened, how it started. I was just happy that we are still in their heads. We own them and the Craps.

The guy Cole fought shot a puck directly at Cole, which Cole didn't like too well.
So they ended up fighting.

Sens are not a top notch team this season.
I think the Pens will have their number for a few more seasons after

Pens had some opportunities to score in that 1st period.
A bit chippy, but the Pens are not letting the Kings push them around.

Looks like the Pens are putting some extra hits on Brown. Let him know that his dirty antics will not be tolerated.

Reaves break away.
Sid and Aston-Reese 2 man break away.

The chances were there.
I think there's like a minute left on the PP start of the 2nd.
Gotta take advantage

Pretty evenly matched game.
Pens speed vs Kings size. Both teams utilizing their strengths.

Like the Pens chances. This is a game they could definitely use Hornqvist.
Like the hustle of all the lines tonight.
Gotta stay out of the box too

Is it Mario's birthday or something? They keep highlighting him and his career.

Nice game. This team is on a mission. Great fun to watch.

I was in the wrong arena watching the wrong sport on ice.

Took the daughter and Mrs to Frozen on Ice in the Capital's area in DC tonight. Good to see Reeves score, and the rookie score again! Can't wait to see the highlights. Mine was watching Kristof do a backflip...

Just watched the highlights. Man I love Quick. He's one of the best goalies I've seen play, and is always a treat to watch. He had a great game tonight against the Pens. They had to obscure his view to get the game winner. Great game Pens!

Nice W again. Next game is another tough one. Onward&upward!

Just watched the highlights. Man I love Quick. He's one of the best goalies I've seen play, and is always a treat to watch. He had a great game tonight against the Pens. They had to obscure his view to get the game winner. Great game Pens!

Yeah Quick is something else when he's on his game.
The Kings 2012 championship run stands out to me hockey wise non Pens related. All cause of Quick.

The way he shuts down plays. He shut down a 2 on 0 of Crosby and Aston-Reese.
I'm sitting there thinking this wanker is gonna steal the game

Its pretty amazing how the Pens went from looking old, slow, and barely clinging onto a playoff spot to one of if not the best teams in the league. I had faith they would go on a run and make the playoffs, but certainly did not expect them to do what they are doing right now. Just hope they can keep up the pace.

Our big guns are producing.

Sid, Malkin and Kessel all have 66 points. All are tied for 4th in the NHL

Reaves makes me laugh. I think he is more valuable in the locker room than many would admit. I hope we keep him around.

Ian Cole has played well. I don't think Hunwick is horrible but Cole is better. Hopefully we resign Cole.

The trade deadline is coming up lots of rumors. Lots of rumors all year with not much activity. Looking forward to what JR might be working on.

Last edited:
Yeah Quick is something else when he's on his game.
The Kings 2012 championship run stands out to me hockey wise non Pens related. All cause of Quick.

The way he shuts down plays. He shut down a 2 on 0 of Crosby and Aston-Reese.
I'm sitting there thinking this wanker is gonna steal the game

Yea, that Quick run in 12 was insane. I've seen goalies steal a series, or 2, but Quick stole a cup for that team. I'm pretty sure they were the 8th seed that year as well in the west. The close second was Hassek. He got that dogshit team all the way to the Stanley Cup, only to lose in 3OT by a miscalled illegal crease violation to Hull. To this day, I don't think we will ever see a goalie as dominant as Hassek was in those 5 years.