• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2017-2018 Pittsburgh Penguins

Great game last night. Great team game!

I hate these back to back games against a different team. I love home and homes, but when you have to go back to back, you're now playing your backup. Murray has been lights out, and I would have rather had him against CBJ. Good thing is the Jackets aren't playing well right now, but they do have an advantage of a day's rest, and the Pens have to travel to play tonight. Lame...

They can do it. Jarry is for real

Now I want a hattie for Shehan.

Reactions: MTC
I want a hatty for Sheahan.
Needs it.

4-1 end of the 2nd. Good game by the Pens.
Only complaint is Panarin is a Pens killer. Dude is getting chances.

Foligno went down trying to size up Sheary.
They're already down a defenseman after Aston-Reese crunched him earlier.

If CBJ goes into the 3rd with a shortened bench Pens need to roll them in the 3rd

I just realized that the baby Pens have Mike Leighton as a goalie as well. Dude was a legit goaltender for the Flyers. The pens are deep in goalie talent!

This is exactly what I thought. Pens would be outshot tonight, but at least they're taking quality shots with the chances they've had!

Great shot by Guentzel. Toughest save in Hockey, just above the ankle.

I just realized that the baby Pens have Mike Leighton as a goalie as well. Dude was a legit goaltender for the Flyers. The pens are deep in goalie talent!

They got slaughtered 12-3 on friday though.
But they had a ton of injuries that game. A lot of call ups from Wheeling

I don't know what kinda deal GMJR will get done before the trade deadline, but I can't see anything major coming. Maybe a semi-minor one like getting a Matt Cullen back for the 4th line center position. I only see a depth trade or two.

I was prepared a loss tonight. Toronto was a battle and Columbus usually is a tough game. Pens dominated just about the entire game. The machine is well oiled right now. Just about everyone is contributing. First place looks really good right now. Pens are off until Friday and a little refresh should help.

Caps play 3 games before Friday. Buffalo should be a cake walk but the Lighting and Sharks could help us.

One thing I like about Jarry is he does a good job limiting rebounds. Solid game from him.

I don't know what kinda deal GMJR will get done before the trade deadline, but I can't see anything major coming. Maybe a semi-minor one like getting a Matt Cullen back for the 4th line center position. I only see a depth trade or two.

With our Cap room, I don't see much either. I've read lots of rumors but nothing has happened. JR looks pretty good right now adding Shehan and Olesiak. The market is expensive this year with the addition of Las Vegas. There were 9-10 guys there that would have been on the market. Letang's game has improved the last few weeks. He isn't going anywhere. Cole has stepped it up since he has gotten some ice time. Maybe we see Sheary, Hunwick and a prospect moved. It's going to be interesting !

That's it, Pens are first in the Metro!!!

Awesome as that is, the Caps have 3 games in hand. I think the Pens are gonna be alright, but put it in perspective. Pens are playing great hockey right now, no doubt. But let's not put the cart before the horse. Still a lot of work to be done.

IMHO....this years squad is better than last years.

The role players that were a concern earlier in the season are now a big plus for the team...

The only concern is can Jarry play the role of Marc-Andre if needed in the playoffs..

Awesome as that is, the Caps have 3 games in hand. I think the Pens are gonna be alright, but put it in perspective. Pens are playing great hockey right now, no doubt. But let's not put the cart before the horse. Still a lot of work to be done.

Here's the crazy thing Sarge. Before Friday's game, The Caps play 3, NJ plays 2, and PHI plays 2. We'll all be at 61 game on Thu night, and all 3 teams have a chance to tie the Pens record. The caps are the only team that can beat them in the standings, the other 2 the best they can do is tie.

With as good as the Pens have been playing lately, I'm floored that NJ and PHL can catch them in the standings.

Here's the crazy thing Sarge. Before Friday's game, The Caps play 3, NJ plays 2, and PHI plays 2. We'll all be at 61 game on Thu night, and all 3 teams have a chance to tie the Pens record. The caps are the only team that can beat them in the standings, the other 2 the best they can do is tie.

With as good as the Pens have been playing lately, I'm floored that NJ and PHL can catch them in the standings.

The Pens have 3 left with the Devils, 2 with the Flyers and the Caps on 4/1. It's going to be race to the finish !