• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2017-2018 Pittsburgh Penguins

Sheahan is kinda too valuable to move.
Rowney, although he struggles is great on the PK.

I'm not expecting Rutherford to do anything

I agree with Sheahan. I think we acquired an asset at a good price. Decent 3C but a solid 4C.

Pens have acquired Derrick Brassard. Looking for a confirmation link. Gave up Ian Cole and a 1st.

My iPad is being queer, but it is in the Toronto Sun. Confirmed. Pens give up Ian Cole, 2018 1st round pick, and Filip Gustavsson. Hell of a lot for Derrick Brassard.

So, GMJR is not standing pat? lol It seems like a lot, but if they raise B2B2B, will it matter? Reports said OTT is retaining $2.1M of Brassard's salary. That's huge. We got him on a good salary to possibly make more moves. They got their C.

Reading that deal isn't finalized, third team involved. The thinking is Ottawa is moving either Karlsson or Cole.

Reading that deal isn't finalized, third team involved. The thinking is Ottawa is moving either Karlsson or Cole.

Looks like the Pens are getting Brassard. Solid 3-4 Center. Giving up Cole, The damn first round pick and goalie prospect Gustavsson. I knew he would deal a goalie and #1 pick. I like Brassard but the price is hefty.I doubt we were going to be able to afford Cole next year, so there's that.

Reactions: MTC
My iPad is being queer, but it is in the Toronto Sun. Confirmed. Pens give up Ian Cole, 2018 1st round pick, and Filip Gustavsson. Hell of a lot for Derrick Brassard.

Your gay I pad is still faster than me.

Pens were reportedly interested in Alex Galchenyuk, but couldn't get it done. Moved on and got Brassard.

Brassard is a huge pick up. Offensively too.

Cole though? The guy was solid

Looks like the Pens are getting Brassard. Solid 3-4 Center. Giving up Cole, The damn first round pick and goalie prospect Gustavsson. I knew he would deal a goalie and #1 pick. I like Brassard but the price is hefty.I doubt we were going to be able to afford Cole next year, so there's that.

Good move for the season. I'm ok with it

Keep reading about other cap related elements in the Brassard deal. Can't wait to see what they are ?

Good move for the season. I'm ok with it

Gustavsson is a damn good prospect. I'm OK with him going as were do have depth at the position. Cole was a had to happen, $$$. The number 1 pick ? You can say I called it.

Still, Brassard is a leader and play off scorer. I'll take him all day !

Reactions: MTC
Josh YoheVerified account @JoshYohe_PGH<button type="button" class=" EdgeButton EdgeButton--secondary EdgeButton--medium button-text follow-text" style="color: rgb(29, 161, 242); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: bold; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 14px; line-height: 20px; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; background: rgb(255, 255, 255); border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(29, 161, 242); padding: 6px 16px; transition: box-shadow 0.15s ease-in-out; border-radius: 100px; box-shadow: none; position: relative; white-space: nowrap; display: block; min-width: 105px;">FollowFollow
@JoshYohe_PGH​
</button>

<button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton u-textUserColorHover dropdown-toggle js-dropdown-toggle" type="button" aria-haspopup="true" style="color: rgb(101, 119, 134); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px 0px 0px 9px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; background-image: initial; background-position: initial; background-size: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; padding: 2px 9px; transition: box-shadow 0.15s ease-in-out; position: relative;">More
</button>

Here’s the problem for the rest of the NHL:

Sheary-Crosby-Rust
Hagelin-Malkin-Hornqvist
Guentzel-Brassard-Kessel

[FONT=&]
Josh YoheVerified account @JoshYohe_PGH<button type="button" class=" EdgeButton EdgeButton--secondary EdgeButton--medium button-text follow-text" style="color: rgb(29, 161, 242); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: bold; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 14px; line-height: 20px; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; background: rgb(255, 255, 255); border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(29, 161, 242); padding: 6px 16px; transition: box-shadow 0.15s ease-in-out; border-radius: 100px; box-shadow: none; position: relative; white-space: nowrap; display: block; min-width: 105px;">FollowFollow
@JoshYohe_PGH​
</button>

<button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton u-textUserColorHover dropdown-toggle js-dropdown-toggle" type="button" aria-haspopup="true" style="color: rgb(101, 119, 134); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px 0px 0px 9px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; background-image: initial; background-position: initial; background-size: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; padding: 2px 9px; transition: box-shadow 0.15s ease-in-out; position: relative;">More
</button>

[/FONT]
[FONT=&]Here’s the problem for the rest of the NHL:

Sheary-Crosby-Rust
Hagelin-Malkin-Hornqvist
Guentzel-Brassard-Kessel

[/FONT]

Hell no. 3rd line will be:
Hagelin - Brassard - Kessel

HBK BABY!!!

I personally didn't want to have to give up a first with that trade. We're trading for a third line center, and giving up an excellent goalie prospect along with a good defenseman. I'm not happy losing depth at D. But hey, let's throw in a first rounder too. Should have been a second...