• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2017-2018 Pittsburgh Penguins

The metro is up for grabs.
I'd like for the Pens to win the division, but would be just a happy with them getting in

I like our chances to win the metro. With Letang and Cole contributing the Defense is much improved. Goals are coming from all over the roster. Hornqvist should be back soon. Lots of positives.

With the poor start to the season I'll also be happy to get in.

We will most likely play one of those teams in the first round....

Which one would yinz want?

That's the problem with the Metro. None of these will be easy in a series. I honestly would like the Caps earlier than later.

I would take the Caps right now if the playoffs started this week.

When Sid, Geno, and Kessel can set back and watch everyone else blow out a team that for all intents and purposes is fighting for its playoff life times are pretty good. So does Rutherford mess with this chemistry right now?

In a seven game series, I do believe the Pens can beat any team in the Metro. NJ and Philly are playing good, but do they have enough to outlast the Pens in a series? I highly doubt it. As far as WASH, as much as we have their number, you'd think their time is due. I still think the Pens can take them, as I'm not concern about them as much as TOR or TB.

No matter what, with the ****** playoff format, The Pens and Caps, at the latest will be playing in the second round......again.....

******* hate that. The reason why the Atlantic teams are doing so well, you have 3 teams that are good beating up on a bunch of terrible teams. There are no terrible teams in the Metro. You'll get a fight every night with those teams.

I could honestly see the WC make a run to the Eastern Finals this year, and it wouldn't surprise me.

...oh, and the Pens just got passed by the Caps tonight.

They won a nailbiter on the road against a terrible team. They just aren't putting teams away right now. Tommorow is a tougher draw for them against Tampa Bay at home...

I knew the Craps would beat Buffalo. They are not a good team. I will be interested in that TB game, though. Could be a good game.

We will most likely play one of those teams in the first round....

Which one would yinz want?

It doesn't matter really. They will have to face some good teams on the way. It's unavoidable. It comes down to the Pens doing what they've been doing the last 2 years prior. The ability to score on any line is what will set them apart. Get to the playoffs healthy and do your thing.

They won a nailbiter on the road against a terrible team. They just aren't putting teams away right now. Tommorow is a tougher draw for them against Tampa Bay at home...

Yeah...watched the last half of that boring and terrible display of NHL hockey...what a joke Buffalo is right now and the Craps didn't look much better!

The good news is that my TV market were I live is great...I get Philly, Baltimore, and DC local TV, so I get to watch the Flyers and Caps games. This is when NHL hockey gets good, and I will be watching a ton if t in the next few months.

There are no terrible teams in the Metro.

Have you watched the New York Rangers lately? I think they qualify as terrible. Watched them over the weekend against the Phlyers. Score was 7-4, but it wasn't that close. Man they look bad.

Have you watched the New York Rangers lately? I think they qualify as terrible. Watched them over the weekend against the Phlyers. Score was 7-4, but it wasn't that close. Man they look bad.

Management wants to blow up the entire Rangers team.
They're struggling

Squeaking by Buffalo shows how the Caps are trending. Tonight they play the Lighting and that will be a tough win for the Caps.

Yeah...watched the last half of that boring and terrible display of NHL hockey...what a joke Buffalo is right now and the Craps didn't look much better!

The good news is that my TV market were I live is great...I get Philly, Baltimore, and DC local TV, so I get to watch the Flyers and Caps games. This is when NHL hockey gets good, and I will be watching a ton if t in the next few months.

Reddit and On Hockey TV are my go to's. I really appreciate being able to catch games and not be blacked out. There is going to be some great hockey over the next few weeks. The Metro and the West are going to be must see TV.

They were doing well until the injuries. Now they do look like dogshit.

Though the Atlantic has 7 teams as bad or worse than the Rangers. It helps your record to play that many doormats.

Reactions: MTC
Out of town scoreboard from my Lazy Boy
Philly down 1-0
Craps down 2-0

Caps lost
Devils Lost
Flyers won

Flyers are 2 back with a game to play (CBJ)
Devils are 4 back with one to play (MIN)
Caps are 1 up with 1 to play (FLA)

Pens are sitting pretty!

The Caps have a relatively easy schedule coming up. I don't see too many tough games for them and they have already started making moves. The Pens just need to keep pace with those jackholes. All kind of rumors floating who GMJR is looking at.

The Caps have a relatively easy schedule coming up. I don't see too many tough games for them and they have already started making moves. The Pens just need to keep pace with those jackholes. All kind of rumors floating who GMJR is looking at.

With the way the youth are playing, and Letang improving, they might not have to make a move at all. 3rd line center upgrade is ideal, but these lines are already scoring.

With the way the youth are playing, and Letang improving, they might not have to make a move at all. 3rd line center upgrade is ideal, but these lines are already scoring.

I agree, but it's not like GMJR to stand pat. He's going to go for it again, even if they are small to minor deals to tweak a line or two.

I agree, but it's not like GMJR to stand pat. He's going to go for it again, even if they are small to minor deals to tweak a line or two.

I would be shocked if JR stands pat. That's just not his style. The market seems price inflated and hopefully he is value shopping. I just hope he doesn't sell out the future for a rental player. His style is to sell off the #1 pick and a prospect, I'm just wondering what the return will be ? The Pens can win a 3rd doing nothing but I would like the chances even more with a stronger 3C.

I would be shocked if JR stands pat. That's just not his style. The market seems price inflated and hopefully he is value shopping. I just hope he doesn't sell out the future for a rental player. His style is to sell off the #1 pick and a prospect, I'm just wondering what the return will be ? The Pens can win a 3rd doing nothing but I would like the chances even more with a stronger 3C.

For the right player, I'm not worried at all with the Penguins "selling the future." How many of those future guys have amounted to anything? As long as they have Crosby and Malkin, this team will be in contention. Put a team around them that you feel can win the Cup, whether it is standing pat without any trades or overpaying some to solidify a position with a guy you believe can put them over the top.

Speaking of bad value...I'm still irritated they shipped off a first-round pick for a fourth liner who barely plays.

Sheahan is kinda too valuable to move.
Rowney, although he struggles is great on the PK.

I'm not expecting Rutherford to do anything

Yeah I think they have enough depth to stay put this year. Keep the chemistry and momentum going, plus get some injured players back.