• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2017-2018 Pittsburgh Penguins

Cam Ward is hurting. Took a hard shot to the helmet.
Stay healthy Cam.

Despite the player movement tonight.
Plus side is the Pens are up 4-1.

Pens win 6-1.
Dominated the 3rd period.
Score could've been more.

Cam Ward lost it lol. Malkin scored that last goal and Ward slams his stick on the cross bar and chucks the stick across the rink

Pens absolutely whooped the Canes. Interested to see what the future holds with the trades. Could be epic. Could be a disaster. Gonna enjoy the ride.

Pens win 6-1.

Cam Ward lost it lol. Malkin scored that last goal and Ward slams his stick on the cross bar and chucks the stick across the rink

who slammed his stick a week or two against the Pens, too? I also think Reeves was an expensive babysitter. That what he was. I liked him on and off the ice, so I will miss Reeves, but Brassard makes this team so balanced. We got Bonino 2.0 and then some. If opposing fans hated the Pens before, just wait. They are as close to Golden State Warriors of the NHL as you can get, Gonna get exciting around here again.

Not really a fan of this trade. Hate losing cole and i feel reaves should have played more. We get a great playoff performer, but hard to say how he will effect the mojo

What a mess. Never play poker with JR

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Trade details:<br><br>To PIT:<br>C Derick Brassard<br>F Vincent Dunn<br>F Tobias Lindberg<br>2018 3rd RD pick (OTT)<br><br>To VGK:<br>RW Ryan Reaves<br>2018 4th RD pick (VAN via PIT)<br>Retain 40% of Brassard cap hit<br><br>To OTT:<br>2018 1st RD pick (PIT)<br>2019 3rd RD pick (PIT)<br>D Ian Cole<br>G Filip Gustavsson</p>— David Pagnotta (@TheFourthPeriod) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheFourthPeriod/status/967223141276758016?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 24, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Not really a fan of this trade. Hate losing cole and i feel reaves should have played more. We get a great playoff performer, but hard to say how he will effect the mojo

He will fit well. Ottawa's captain and played with Hagelin in NY. A solid player. My thoughts are we over paid but that's the way it is at deadline.

who slammed his stick a week or two against the Pens, too? I also think Reeves was an expensive babysitter. That what he was. I liked him on and off the ice, so I will miss Reeves, but Brassard makes this team so balanced. We got Bonino 2.0 and then some. If opposing fans hated the Pens before, just wait. They are as close to Golden State Warriors of the NHL as you can get, Gonna get exciting around here again.

Oh man is this an understatement right now. There is a significant amount of hate given the salary cap maneuvers performed during this trade. Hope it only gets worse with another championship ;)

Oh man is this an understatement right now. There is a significant amount of hate given the salary cap maneuvers performed during this trade. Hope it only gets worse with another championship ;)

JR is a smart SOB. Brassard will be around for this run and next season as well. They can hate us all day long. The Pens defense is the weak link at the moment. JR may not be done. There is some decisions to be made ZAR, Simon, Hornqvist, Sheary. You can send the youngsters back to WBS but we will still have Hunwick. The forward depth may net us a 3rd D pairing upgrade.

Pens win 6-1.

I'd lose my **** too if I was a goalie in a game like that...haha. Glad they're on the end of that pasting and not us.

Reactions: MTC
Pens look a bit out of sync tonight.
A few good chances, but cannot score

The officiating is so bad this game.
But the Pens on a roll.

Another a fight!!!

This game is intense.
45 seconds. Pens with an empty net.
Hornqvist game misconduct

What do you expect. Back to back games and on the road for the second. Teams usually lose those games. They fought like a team that didn't want to lose, and I liked that.

Jary was off last night. We needed him to be better in the first 2 periods. Murray came in cold, and did well, but he wasn't perfect either.

I don't know how the refs even thought that push in goal was a goal. It was correctly reversed. Would have been nice to have though.

Hunwick was on the ice for 4 of the 6 goals. He has had spurts of decent play but he just does not skate well enough for the Pens style of play.

Jarry was awful. His strength is controlling rebounds and that didn't happen.

Malkin's line is on fire. That group sure is fun to watch right now. Sid needs a winger, Simon isn't it.

Recchi is improving as a bench coach but still isn't there yet. Should have been caught with too many men several times.

Hornqvist plays with so much emotion. Whatever we do. I want him back for the future.

It's only one back to back loss. The officials sucked and we rallied. I'm over it. JR will be looking for a 3rd pairing D and maybe a winger. No way he leaves $2M on the table.

Couple of other thoughts this morning.......

Oleksiak has been a find. I really like everything he has added.

Grit, we don't have much. The Pens got beat up along the boards last night. This is where losing Cole and Reaves hurts. We have some options but Nashville and Boston would be tough.

JimRutherford3.0.jpg

Gotta do something to shore up the defense. Hunwick just sucks. There has to be an option out there, but I don't know what the Pens can afford to give up that would return anything that would be even a modest upgrade.

I wonder if Hal Gill can still play?

That was a joke.