• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2017-2018 Pittsburgh Penguins

Good gritty win. Old school hockey.
I'm good for the weekend!

See ya guys around
Let's Go Pens!

solid win and Reaves just about solidified his place in the Burgh. Total 180 degrees from Thursday. The Preds are as dirty as ever. Love it that we got the first win against those pansies.

The games will be a lot more gritty against Washington imo.
When Tom Wilson comes back from suspension, I'm expecting some bloodbath games.

I will not be surprised to see a Reaves/Sestito show against a team like Washington/Philly.

A bit concerned losing Cole. Hoping it's not a broken jaw. Bob Errey said he lost some teeth

You could see some of his teeth flying when they showed the replay. Ouch. Team finally showed up and went to work last night. Feel a little better after the debacle in Chicago.

Reaves is going to be worth the price of admission alone this year.

Reactions: MTC
Just watched the video. doesn't look like a broken jaw, just a tooth nightmare. Ouch!

As much as I admire them of blocking shots, nothing good comes from getting hit with a puck at 90 mph. Hoping Cole recovers quickly.

Dang the Blackhawks look really good so far.

Thought the Pens looked great against the Preds. Pens are in their heads. The longer that game went, the dirtier the Preds played. Nice to see someone (Reaves) finally stand up to the dirty **** some of these players pull. One of the best parts was watching Reaves laugh at Watson while he is drilling him in the head.

Dang the Blackhawks look really good so far.

It's really early for everyone. A lot of teams look like world beaters out of the gates. It's the stretch and the ending i look at. Good health to key players should they make the playoffs.

It's really early for everyone. A lot of teams look like world beaters out of the gates. It's the stretch and the ending i look at. Good health to key players should they make the playoffs.

Montreal looked unstoppable last season, until they hit a wall after December.
The Pens tend to relax in the early portion of the season, they'll catch stride midway, fizzle towards the end then grind out the playoffs.
That's what makes hockey fun to watch

IIRC, the NY Rangers came out like a house on fire over the first 20 games last year, then kinda ran out of steam as the rest of the Met reeled them in.

Thought the Pens looked great against the Preds. Pens are in their heads. The longer that game went, the dirtier the Preds played. Nice to see someone (Reaves) finally stand up to the dirty **** some of these players pull. One of the best parts was watching Reaves laugh at Watson while he is drilling him in the head.
Whe we play Columbus, we should dress Sestito in addition to RR. We signed him to a1 year deal for this purpose. If one of their sticks just happened to "accidentally" break across their coach's head, the suspension would be worth it....ur.....I mean unfortunate.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Steeler Nation mobile app

Tonight's game should be a blast. Crovechkin is on fire, and the Pens are thin on D. Hoping the Pens can put Holtby on the Bench again. Worst part is, this is the first of yet another B2B, with TB coming up tomorrow. That means Niemi will play one of them. Hope he, and the team in front of him does better than the **** show in Chicago.

I think tonight's game may get ugly.
Washington is out for revenge.

The Pens have some bodies like Reaves and even Crosby who will not put up with the BS.
I'm expecting a few fights tonight

I think tonight's game may get ugly.
Washington is out for revenge.

The Pens have some bodies like Reaves and even Crosby who will not put up with the BS.
I'm expecting a few fights tonight

It certainly has that potential. Is Wilson playing tonight? If so, for sure it will get ugly.

Any word on Cole?

Tonight should be interesting. Wouldn't be surprised no matter what happens.

Any word on Cole?

Tonight should be interesting. Wouldn't be surprised no matter what happens.

Looks like he's out.
Chad Ruhwedal is in.

Bang bang Kris Letang. Pens up 1-0.
Ugly PP though lol

What was the call on the Caps netminder?

First unit PP needs to rip off some shots. So frustrating night in and night out.
Good to see Hornqvist getting gritty.

Notices Reaves hasn't had much minutes tonight. Rowney's line at that.
McKegg's line looks good though

Facking Djoos.
Washington scores.

Pens still up 2-1

Alright. Pens will have a 1:56 left on the PP after the 2nd intermission.
Let's make it 3-1.

Tic tac toe.
Do not hesitate to shoot.

Let's Go Pens!

Pens look good over all. As stated above, the #1 PP unit needs to get its **** together. They have looked awful all night. Ton of chances, nothing to show for it.