• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2017-2018 Pittsburgh Penguins

Game is looking good thus far. Good speed. Just need the PP to get rolling

Connor Sheary!!!!!

Game is looking good thus far. Good speed. Just need the PP to get rolling

Both teams are having a decent pace. Good hockey game.
Dumo and McKegg are having some underrated play.

Hate Washington but I like that Djoos guy

Pens look like they took about four minutes off this period.

Reactions: MTC
Looks like the Pens are fixing some of their major flaws from the Chicago beatdown.
Overall good team performance.

Only complaint tonight was the 1st unit powrplay.
A lot of firepower and when a shooting lane opens they are hesitant to shoot

Good hockey game too. I was expecting some fights tonight. Both teams were very composed(I guess)

BIG win. Way to go Pens!!!!

another solid win. They looked fast and aggressive. McGregg needs to stay out of the box, but I loved the effort again tonight.

Firstly, without Holtby in net, Washington is an average team. Their Cup window is rapidly closing. I was listening to radio feed, and the Ole 29er says, pull Guentzel and replace him with Horndog on the PP. Seconds later, HD scores. Borky is a genius.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Steeler Nation mobile app

Firstly, without Holtby in net, Washington is an average team. Their Cup window is rapidly closing. I was listening to radio feed, and the Ole 29er says, pull Guentzel and replace him with Horndog on the PP. Seconds later, HD scores. Borky is a genius.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Steeler Nation mobile app

Washington does have some fire power.
Backstrom, Kutzentzov and Oshie are pretty solid guys who can change the game.
Ovechkin isn't really as huge as factor anymore. On the Caps PP he camps around the left wing spot. Too predictable.

But I do agree, their window is closing. I think it shut after last season tbh

I don't know if their window is closing because they have a lot of talent on that team, so they can rattle off a bunch of wins. Both teams play eachother tough, but the Pens have their number. They are very similar how a lot of the team was gutted, the most important pieces remain intact. When the dust settles, we should be meeting them again in the playoffs.

There is something strangely satisfying about seeing Ovi with the "What does a guy have to do?" look in his eyes.

That was an awesome game - all the Pens playing in front of the net - worthy of a Game 7

Murray was on, the D came to play...and they had 3 PP goals!

Glad to see they took Malkin off the # 1PP - he was lazy and sloppy the whole game

That was an awesome game - all the Pens playing in front of the net - worthy of a Game 7

Murray was on, the D came to play...and they had 3 PP goals!

Glad to see they took Malkin off the # 1PP - he was lazy and sloppy the whole game

Malkin is always lazy it seems.
I noticed Sullivan switched around the PP unit.

After going to the Nashville game and watching the Pens step up their game was icing on the cake they continued in Washington.

Kunhackle with a redirect behind Niemi.
Bad luck puck
Bolts over Pens 1-0

what a crazy first period! 00:01? Are you kidding me? Can't get any closer than that.

2-1 Bolts- could be a lot worse.

Reactions: MTC
Damn!
Tampa scored with a tenth of a second left in the period.
Bad news. Kunhackle is possibly hurt blocking a shot.

Niemi looks better, but he is no where as quick as MAF or Murray.
Tampa is moving him around.

Penalties are killing us today.
Hornqvist had what looked like a goal, got waived off to a kicking motion

Looks good so far other than that goal with a frigging fraction of a second left..

Niemi is ***.

That and bad awareness by Letang. I'm guessing he was trying to draw a penalty with the guy still halfway in the box, but he left Niemi to dry right there. Weak 5 hole btw.

Shining spot. 2nd PP unit looks pretty good.
Sheary is feeling it today. Break away score and he's getting pucks to guys.
Rust is looking ok too

That and bad awareness by Letang. I'm guessing he was trying to draw a penalty with the guy still halfway in the box, but he left Niemi to dry right there. Weak 5 hole btw.

Shining spot. 2nd PP unit looks pretty good.
Sheary is feeling it today. Break away score and he's getting pucks to guys.
Rust is looking ok too

That was a sweet pass and goal. I don't have much faith in Niemi. The Pens need to find a solid backup he sucks.