• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2017-2018 Pittsburgh Penguins

They struggle to score too.
We're supposed to be so deep on the offenive lines.

Guys skate well, but don't produce goals.
I'm not expecting much really come playoffs. I'll enjoy, but until I see consistent effort.

I feel like the guys are just eh. Unless they are rope a doping until playoffs

I'm going to go with rope a dope because it makes me feel better...haha

They messed up the mojo on that trade. Well let's hope tomorrow is better

Yes they did. I agree.
The team was on a roll before Brassard.

Didn't need him. Sheahan was quietly coming along, he's regressed since. And Cole & Reaves. Don't get me started haha
Cannot cry over spilled milk though

We need Murray back asap and playing like his last two years. I do like what I've seen from DeSmith, but he's getting hung out to dry some periods....
Oh well..next and it's on NBCS again.

Seems like you guys are giving up easy. A few weeks ago they were an unstoppable machine. Did they peak too early? I think this team can crank it up in the playoffs but I do worry about the defense a bit. The Pens played really well for at least the first period and part of the second and then I am not sure what happened. We had owned the Rangers and they were in last place so this loss stings a bit especially being up 2-0 but its certainly not the end of the world.

Seems like you guys are giving up easy. A few weeks ago they were an unstoppable machine. Did they peak too early? I think this team can crank it up in the playoffs but I do worry about the defense a bit. The Pens played really well for at least the first period and part of the second and then I am not sure what happened. We had owned the Rangers and they were in last place so this loss stings a bit especially being up 2-0 but its certainly not the end of the world.

Knee jerk reaction on my part. I'm just not used to them losing when they have a lead going into the 3rd. They've been money and normally crank it up. It was the other way last night

The Pens away record is 14-18-4. They simply suck on the road. For whatever reason they cannot put a full 60 minutes together when they travel.

Once again the shoot first mentality fell away. Too many cute passes and when they did shoot. It was from bad angles and with no one in front of the net. Always looking for the home run pass out of their own end. They rarely carry the puck in transition. DeSmith had a pretty good game, easily NY could have scored 4-5 more goals. Shift management is hideous. Many opportunities were lost because they only concern was getting off the ice.

The trade is looking like **** at the moment. Sid had bonded some with Reaves and when Sid isn't happy he doesn't play well. The defense is awful. Most of the blocked shots came from forwards last night. Cole is missed and they didn't replace him. Jooris looked decent, so we scratch him.

The positive is they are tied for first on paper. The next 3 games are 2 with Montreal and one with the Islanders. There is some rest built in and that should help get everyone healthy . Hopefully this gets the ship upright. All I was hoping for is for them to get in the playoffs. They become a completely different team. Home ice would be a bonus.

On another note. Milbury was actually positive about the Pens last night. There must have been calls to the network for him to tone it down.

Susan Sarandon can still kiss my ***.

Reactions: MTC

Giving up, Hell No ! .

Considering how this season started I'm still excited. A 3-peat is a tough ask in the salary cap era. Just to be in the conversation at this point is amazing.

We need Murray back asap and playing like his last two years. I do like what I've seen from DeSmith, but he's getting hung out to dry some periods....
Oh well..next and it's on NBCS again.

There is a reason he has been in the minors until age 26. He is a journeyman. He isn't going to kill you but he won't win many either. Basic skill guy that tries hard. I think he has played well but isn't a long term solution as a back up. Jarry on the other hand. Has the skills, sadly we have only seen them in spurts. It might help if they got better defensive support but I don't see that coming. We better score 4 or more.

Just so you know the next two games are Saturday and Sunday. Please tune in.

I'll tune in over the weekend.
Like Spike, I feel like I've been bad juju.

I'll keep track on my phone tonight. If the score looks promising enough, I'll tune in.
Washed my Pens jersey, rocking a St. Patty's day t shirt tomorrow. Lol.

#superstitious

And no Jitter77. Not giving up.
Just been a bit disappointed lately.

I've been pretty vocal over Cole and Reaves being shipped away.
As a fan it's been hard to get over, cause they were two of my fave players.

But definitely not giving up. Still in top 3 in the metro. Anything goes come playoffs

I'm watching them this evening,but I'm not optimistic with Jarry in net for this game. I think the Pens may need to score 5 or more to win. Just my hunch.

Well **** 2 goals given up on 6 shots so far 11 min left in the first....bleh

2-1 nice pass by Rust to Phil. Oh man Niemi is in net. This could be fun.

I watched an older pawn stars last night. Guy brought in an autographed Knights jersey from Fleury. They went to the Knights arena and met Fleury who put Chum lee in goalie pads. It was pretty cool. The jersey went for $1700. I thought that was fairly cheap. It was a #17 jersey that fleury wore for exp draft.

2-2 looking better. They're getting good scoring chances. They just need to stop ******* around trying to pass pass pass...just shoot that **** sometimes and get your guys to the net

There is a reason he has been in the minors until age 26. He is a journeyman. He isn't going to kill you but he won't win many either. Basic skill guy that tries hard. I think he has played well but isn't a long term solution as a back up. Jarry on the other hand. Has the skills, sadly we have only seen them in spurts. It might help if they got better defensive support but I don't see that coming. We better score 4 or more.

Outside of pens hockey I don't really watch any other teams or leagues, so I'm in the dark about guys coming up. I just go with what I see

Outside of pens hockey I don't really watch any other teams or leagues, so I'm in the dark about guys coming up. I just go with what I see

I've been a Pens fan for so long that I try to keep up with Wilkes Barre. I'd follow Wheeling closer but it's difficult to get reports from there.

I've been a Pens fan for so long that I try to keep up with Wilkes Barre. I'd follow Wheeling closer but it's difficult to get reports from there.

Wheeling: your best bet is too sign up for their e-mail reports.
The website offers only game day and call up news.

WBS: I normally follow pretty closely. Haven't this past season.
I've seen so many guys from Wilkes make it in Pittsburgh, why bother lol

Nhl: I follow VGK in the west.
Nashville cause my brother in law.

Other than that all Pens.
Tuned into the 1st period lol

Goal 40 for Geno. ...and of course we **** around and they score..3-3...farking sheet sum of beach

Letang sucks. Seriously, he is average to bad. That 3rd goal was all on him. I'd sit his *** and dress Hunwick and I'm no fan of Hunwick.

Nhl: I follow VGK in the west.
Nashville cause my brother in law.

Other than that all Pens.
Tuned into the 1st period lol

Only sport I'll root for multiple teams is college football and it goes Penn State,Pitt (unless they play PSU) FSU and Georgia because of my wife.

Letang sucks. Seriously, he is average to bad. That 3rd goal was all on him. I'd sit his *** and dress Hunwick and I'm no fan of Hunwick.

A lot of sloppy **** in our own end to go around. Letang isn't consistent at all though.