• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2017-2018 Pittsburgh Penguins

1 goal game.

2-1.
Pens need a better defensive showing

I'm throwing in the towel this game.
The metro is so damn tight right now that Columbus may jump us if we don't watch out

Now we're tied with CBJ. 4 points back of the Caps. Philly tied Detroit and lost in OT, that puts them 1 point behind the Pens. What a mess !

The Pens suck on the road. 15-19-4. If they don't get home ice it will be one and done in the playoffs.

The next 3 are at home and hopefully that get them back on track.

Well that sucked. Half *** gets you sent home empty handed.

Offensive pressure was there for the most part.
The team is a train wreck defensively though.

They cannot clear pucks and could not stay out of the penalty box yesterday.
Playing against a team who is not in playoff contention and has been on a losing streak.

Very disappointed. It's games like this where I know we won't threepeat.
I guess Guentzel must've messed up bad.

Brassard was taking shifts on Sid's wing.
Sullivan does not let the team gel in this season.

Constant line juggling. One the first times I've actually questioned Sullivan cause he's a good coach.
Too much stubborness this season however

Stupid penalties become more stupid when you penalty killing is slumping. Murray made some strong saves, otherwise it would have been worse. Pens can't get the puck out of their own end. They were shoved around all night.

I agree some stability is needed on the first 3 lines. When your down against a team like the Islanders. The 4th line should not even see the ice.

They better show something with 3 straight home games.

what a stinker. Blame it on the rust. Not the player. . .

I would like to blame it on rustiness, but this game had a lack of desire.
Looked like the team was just going through the motions.

But again, offensive effort was there.
Just disappointed

#spoiledfanMTCis

Well today is a day to start a new trend. A lot better defense,get the damn puck out of your zone.

I'm hoping that missed break away opportunity doesn't come back and bite us.
That penalty shot too.

Sid doing what he does best. Scoring an incredible goal and at the right time. Also reached 700 career assists assists.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">SIDNEY F-ING CROSBY, FOLKS.</p>— Pittsburgh Penguins (@penguins) <a href="https://twitter.com/penguins/status/976620922898698240?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 22, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Kessel is tied with his career high points for a season.

Malkin at 91 Points, three behind Kucherov.

Guentzel getting hot at the right time.

Not a very well played game. Pens still turning the puck over in stupid ways. A win is a win and we needed the points !

Brassard with the game winner and an amazing, goal-for-the-ages by Sid. I'll take the much needed two points and get ready for the next game.

Wouldn't have been nearly as amazing if the initial deflection had gone on goal like he intended. Guess we can be glad it didn't.

Got the jerey Devs tonight.
Nhln. Another must win

Being that we are 0-2 against them and play them two more times. We need to even out the series. Beat them home and away on 3/29. 4 points we desperately need. I feel good about tonight but the road games is scary.

That was a quick start by Sid. Keep it going men!

Sid looks like he's finally ready to roll.
Scored early and had a huge hit at center ice.

Taking away the Devils speed