• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2017-2018 Pittsburgh Penguins

They're gunning on down for sure. Always looking for that pretty play. So close on a few as well. Bs on the powerplay. Really weak call

Good start to the 2nd.
Gotta take advantage of that momentum and bury the flyers

We collapse mentally.
**** gets frustrating. Lacking grit and a killer mentality.
The team has shown they can take a game over. We need more Hornqvist'

Can they trade back what they traded for?...haha. The offense had 14 shots through the 2nd. Not good.

Reactions: MTC
And they score with 42 seconds left 45 shots on goal total. OT time. Ugh.

That was a big win. Too bad they let the Flyers steal a point. I wanted them pointless today.

Real headscratcher pulling Lyon with only 3 goals against. It ended up being the right move, since they got a point, but odd coaching to say the least.

Great game to be there and watch ! We sat in a great section that was into the game and understood hockey.

5 lead changes in this game shows just how much the Pens lack a dagger. The defense is awful. The number of times they were beaten on the same delayed give and go was disappointing. The Flyers outshot the Pens by a wide margin. Murray was solid when he had to be. He lacks concentration and seemed distracted early. The Pens have been in 13 OT games at home this year. That coupled with the horrible road record doesn't bode well for the playoffs without home ice.

Offensively it's nice to see Sid finally in form. Malkin is still making bad blind passes but when he is rolling with the puck it's something to see. If this team is going deep they better average 4-5 a night.

You know last year I honestly thought we would get bounced in the playoffs and they pulled that **** out. I had major doubts. I'll hold out hope until/if they go down in flames. I think it will take some major magic,luck,Murray standing on his head and a **** ton of goals.

The Pens are a playoff team.
But not a deep playoff team imo.

I'll be content with them putting up a fight and getting bounced.
A lot of these guys can use an offseason for proper strength & conditioning and healing as well.

There's a cup run or two left with these guys

I do think the team can get through the first round, but will run out of steam in the 2nd round. They'll put up one helluva fight, but the FA losses and GMJR not doing enough at the trade deadline will be their demise will be the downfall. Brassard is heating up, but losing Cole, Reeves and not bringing in any D will present a problem. They will rely on Letang to be the piece on D we didn't have last year and he's not the same player. They will have to score 4+ goals a game to win games, but how long can they sustain that through the PO?

I do think the team can get through the first round, but will run out of steam in the 2nd round. They'll put up one helluva fight, but the FA losses and GMJR not doing enough at the trade deadline will be their demise will be the downfall. Brassard is heating up, but losing Cole, Reeves and not bringing in any D will present a problem. They will rely on Letang to be the piece on D we didn't have last year and he's not the same player. They will have to score 4+ goals a game to win games, but how long can they sustain that through the PO?

Agree.

**** that noise! I’ve got a Vegas ticket for the Threepeat, baby! Murray is back. They can do it!!

Hope you're right Indy, but I did lose hope after the Caps series last season.
Nbc is speculating that Crosby is holding off until the playoffs.

Hopefully

Love all the enthusiasm and I'd like to be wrong. I just don't see it. I'll be rooting to the end but they need home ice and at the moment they aren't playing like they want it.

The team has only played an entire 60 minutes about 1/3 of the games. The defense as a whole is mediocre. Goaltending, a former strength is no longer strong.

"It ain't over till the fat lady sings". The team can be more physically aggressive. Murray can snap to and be the man. Scheme can be tailored to cover poor defense. I'll keep my fingers crossed.