• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2017-2018 Pittsburgh Penguins

The past few games, Letang is back to sucking again.

We'll see if the playoffs rejuvenate the team.
Maybe they are holding back. Which would be smart.

Cause the quest for Lord Stanley is an effing grind and some

We'll see if the playoffs rejuvenate the team.
Maybe they are holding back. Which would be smart.

Cause the quest for Lord Stanley is an effing grind and some

Hopefully, that is the case, but they are in the thick of the division race. They are almost as close as winning the division as they are to getting left behind. Coasting or holding back is dangerous right now, with 6 games left. I did hear Rowney and Aston-Reese are skating. Getting those two back would help a lot.
I don't put anything past this team, as they know what it takes to win series and Cups. I really hope Murray because red hot at the right time and the D plays decent.

Murray is rounding back into form. He's not himself, but he's improving every game. If he's back to normal in 2 weeks, no one is going to want to shoot on him in the playoffs. Murray is 2-0 in Stanley cup runs for a goalie. Insane for a goalie just starting out. He's good enough to steal a series, and good enough to get this team another cup, if they help him out a little more.

Nice to see ZAR back tonight. This "should" be an easy win. Detroit is more concerned with the draft lottery than winning a game.

Murray is rounding back into form. He's not himself, but he's improving every game. If he's back to normal in 2 weeks, no one is going to want to shoot on him in the playoffs. Murray is 2-0 in Stanley cup runs for a goalie. Insane for a goalie just starting out. He's good enough to steal a series, and good enough to get this team another cup, if they help him out a little more.

Something is off with Murray.
Don't know if he's injured.

Maybe he's not the guy we were hoping he'd be.
He's definitely slow reacting. It's noticeable.

Something is off with Murray.
Don't know if he's injured.

Maybe he's not the guy we were hoping he'd be.
He's definitely slow reacting. It's noticeable.

Murray lost his mentor and hasn't been the same. He misses Fleury and so do I

Why isn't Geno shooting anymore? Zero shots this evening....hmmm...these guys are on cruise control. Got to be. Or this ride is coming to its end soon.

Why isn't Geno shooting anymore? Zero shots this evening....hmmm...these guys are on cruise control. Got to be. Or this ride is coming to its end soon.

His and Brassards line have been kinda crappy tonight.
Hagelin has had some decent moments.
But it seems when Malkin's and Brassards line is on the ice the Pens are either pinned in their own zone or losing battles center ice

His and Brassards line have been kinda crappy tonight.
Hagelin has had some decent moments.
But it seems when Malkin's and Brassards line is on the ice the Pens are either pinned in their own zone or losing battles center ice

They should be taking it to teams right now. 13 shots total 5 minutes into the 3rd says a lot

Down 4-1 now. Yeah you can put the check in the mail for this one.

Fleury will win the Vezina. Mark it down.

Hope wins a Stanley cup along with that.
Unless we end up going for the threepeat.

Since I'm still sold on an early playoff exit.
I'll be rooting for Vegas(Pens west)

The Devils up next.

Pens need to wake up.
Wild card spot, here we come

I think they all partied to much while staying in the Motor City last night..

Should of flew in this morning....dont know why they didn't?

I went down with the ship tonight.
Such an ugly game.

Definitely looked like one we got too complacent on.
Early lead, looked like it was gonna be a route then the cellar dwellar bit back

Oh and I think Brassard is hurt. Didn't notice he was gone

Looked like they were just going through the motions after they scored.

Backing into playoffs at full speed?

The switch will be flipped soon, right?

@PensInsideScoop
Letang said the #pens had a “lack of urgency” tonight. But “we have all the talent in the world in this room. If we focus we’ll be fine.” -SK

Last edited:
Looked like they were just going through the motions after they scored.

Backing into playoffs at full speed?

The switch will be flipped soon, right?

@PensInsideScoop
Letang said the #pens had a “lack of urgency” tonight. But “we have all the talent in the world in this room. If we focus we’ll be fine.” -SK

I hope so.

I really do hope the team is holding off some for a playoff push.
I'm not too concerned with seeding as long as we can avoid NJ first round.

I'm not sold on Philly just yet.
CBJ looked hot, but I think they blew their load on that winning streak. Although Cole....baby come back