• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2017-2018 Pittsburgh Penguins

Letang is full of ****. The Pens have lacked "sense of urgency" for a huge part of this season. The first third of the year was dismal. Losing to Detroit was definitely a low of lows.

The lack of a physical presence on the ice is starting to catch up with them. They are losing battles for pucks that they shouldn't. Hornqvist got chased off the ice last night. Guentzel gets pushed around every night. There are times that you have to drop the gloves to create space later. We fail to do that and teams are exploiting it.

Reactions: MTC
Maybe, just maybe, as a team, the Pens just aren't that good. They lost a lot of talent, and when 4-5 guys are eating up your cap space, it is hard to keep all that talent. Of course, making trades when you have won 11 in a row at home and 14/16 over all isn't always a great recipe for success. Sometimes if it ain't broke, ya don't fix it.

If they are coasting, they better wake the F up. They have looked like **** against some weak teams. Getting totally outplayed last night by Detroit is eye opening. They were the ones that played the night before. They have to tighten up the D, block shots and shoot the effin' puck. Their passing is frustrating, trying to make the perfect play. I don't care who they play in the first round, they will get bounced. There are no bad teams in the PO. There is no coasting. Teams are tightening up and getting better, while it seems they are regressing.

Maybe, just maybe, as a team, the Pens just aren't that good. They lost a lot of talent, and when 4-5 guys are eating up your cap space, it is hard to keep all that talent. Of course, making trades when you have won 11 in a row at home and 14/16 over all isn't always a great recipe for success. Sometimes if it ain't broke, ya don't fix it.

We suck right now, no doubt about it.
Whatever vibes happened february got traded away.

Losing Cole and Reaves was a big mistake.
And agree with Uncle Ben, Letang is full of ****.

There has been very little urgency all season.
They looked really solid in the middle stretch, but they traded away any physicality and grit.

Hornqvist was playing gritty but couldn't back up his demeanor when he got challanged.
Aston-Reese played quite well, but other players need to follow suit.

Was typing a long winded post about the effort this team is putting out but said the hell with it. If they wont put forth the effort why should I.

I'm calling rope -a- dope or maybe it's the end of the rope with no hope. We will either see them rise up and go all in or they'll just go down in flames hard.

Can we make a deal for Reaves&Cole? ..haha. Oh well.

Beating the Devils on the road would go a ways in cleaning up this mess.

Let's Go Pens !

Pens have recalled Jooris. Looks like Brassard will be out for some time.

Jooris is looking good.
Team looks semi decent with Sheahan at the 3rd line.

Huge penalty kill before the end of the 1st

I think Hunwick wants to play some hockey ! Woods is no little guy and Hunwick had a nice account of himself. Nice to see some fire for a change.

2-2. Got to hit a few in the 3rd. Crank up the machine if it's not broken!

Zajac is a punk.

Big win though. Much needed 2 points

3rd line was on tonight, and that's how you win championships, with 3rd line production.

Defense might not be ready for the playoffs, but Crosby sure as hell is ready! Knocking another out of the air. I'd rather watch those baseball goals than baseball. Way to go Sid!

3rd line was on tonight, and that's how you win championships, with 3rd line production.

Defense might not be ready for the playoffs, but Crosby sure as hell is ready! Knocking another out of the air. I'd rather watch those baseball goals than baseball. Way to go Sid!

I liked Sheahan at the 3rd line.
Further confirms that Brassard still has some jelling.

4th line was on too.
Jooris, ZAR and Kunhackle were aggressive for pucks.

Defense tightened up

I think Hunwick wants to play some hockey ! Woods is no little guy and Hunwick had a nice account of himself. Nice to see some fire for a change.

Hunwick held up.
Gave the team a bit of mojo after.

I thought for sure the lines were gonna brawl at the end of the 3rd

Just saw Sid's goal. Damn now it's becoming routine. Just bounce the puck off something in front of the goal and it's going in. Great game winner!