• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2017-2018 Pittsburgh Penguins

Just saw Sid's goal. Damn now it's becoming routine. Just bounce the puck off something in front of the goal and it's going in. Great game winner!

The amazing thing is Sid had the wherewithal to slow the swing down and direct that puck where it needed to go in a split second. All the while skating to his right.

Hate to be a Debbie Downer but they did get outplayed at times tonight but showed a lot more fight and determination. Murray hopefully is coming around too.

Just get home ice locked up and let God sort the rest out.

The amazing thing is Sid had the wherewithal to slow the swing down and direct that puck where it needed to go in a split second. All the while skating to his right.

Hate to be a Debbie Downer but they did get outplayed at times tonight but showed a lot more fight and determination. Murray hopefully is coming around too.

Just get home ice locked up and let God sort the rest out.

I saw them get outplayed in the playoffs against the Caps last year as well they couldn't clear **** and the Caps kept blasting away. The Pens still won. It's going to take Murray playing lights out,a lot of scoring and everyone playing better defense.... Plus a little puck luck.

I just want to see consistency.
The team wasn't good but definitely wasn't bad last night.

I think Brassard still needs time to get used to our system

The team wasn't good but definitely wasn't bad last night.

I think Brassard still needs time to get used to our system

Brassards learning curve is running out the show is about to start

the thing is with Brassard, he was starting to come around(before the injury), Going from the style of OTT to the Pens is almost night and day. He needed time to adjust and he is/was starting to. That has diminished Sheahan's playing time which he was finding his game at 18 min a game. His ice time went down to 10-12 minutes. I'd like to see him get more involved.

Well we didn't give up 4 goals, that's a start

cut.jpg

And here I was all happy being up 3-1 in the first and we give up a powerplay goal with 10 seconds left in the period.

And here I was all happy being up 3-1 in the first and we give up a powerplay goal with 10 seconds left in the period.

Lol. We gave up a couple breakaways while Montreal was short handed.
Pens win 5-2 and clinch a playoff berth.

12 consecutive playoff appearances.
Damn team has accomplished a ton in the Sid era

Lol. We gave up a couple breakaways while Montreal was short handed.
Pens win 5-2 and clinch a playoff berth.

12 consecutive playoff appearances.
Damn team has accomplished a ton in the Sid era

Oh I'm happy that was the last goal gave up. Maybe they can drop it down to 1 goal next game. I won't press it. Just a win would be good.

They're in the playoffs and that keeps the dream alive.

Reactions: MTC
2nd game in a row I missed. Not complaining, but will take the Ws and spot in the PO. We will need some luck and magic to accomplish THE goal. It can be done, will be very tough to pull off, but until Sully, Murray and the boys lose a series, I'm all in.

Murray made some impressive saves last night on a couple of those breakaways. Hopefully Kessel is OK. Didn't even see what happened to him. Have to head east into enemy territory today so wish me luck......

Murray made some impressive saves last night on a couple of those breakaways. Hopefully Kessel is OK. Didn't even see what happened to him. Have to head east into enemy territory today so wish me luck......

Haha!
Good luck. Eat a cheesesteak for us though.

Edit: no clue what happened to Phil. He went missing in the 3rd

Very impressive 2nd and 3rd periods. Still some lapses in defense they need to fix before the playoffs. Better teams won't miss those chances.

Kessel got slashed across the hands. He was bowed over at the gate. Seemed he was coming back in then went to the lockers.

Yet another playoff game before the playoffs. Even though the Pens made the playoffs, there is still home ice to worry about. With the road record we need the advantage. I doubt we overtake the Caps but falling to third would hurt. Right now we would be playing the Blue Jackets. I'll call them the BJ's going forward (pun intended). There games left Caps, BJ's and Ottawa. I hope we win out.

Let's beat the Caps tonight and get this party started !

BJ's suck !

Reactions: MTC
Yet another playoff game before the playoffs. Even though the Pens made the playoffs, there is still home ice to worry about. With the road record we need the advantage. I doubt we overtake the Caps but falling to third would hurt. Right now we would be playing the Blue Jackets. I'll call them the BJ's going forward (pun intended). There games left Caps, BJ's and Ottawa. I hope we win out.

Let's beat the Caps tonight and get this party started !

BJ's suck !

Eh, I think the Pens have some more for the playoffs.
I think our road woes will end.

Just end the season as healthy as can be.

Not a bad first. Just a hair off on some plays and they need to get shots off a split second faster.

I can't believe they didn't play Holtby with a day's rest. The Caps are giving this matchup to the Pens, the Pens need to take it!

My problem with Malkin, is he makes poor decisions with the puck at center ice and entering the zone. He likes to skate through 1-2 players instead of making the easy, open pass.

My problem with Malkin, is he makes poor decisions with the puck at center ice and entering the zone. He likes to skate through 1-2 players instead of making the easy, open pass.

He's done much better with that stuff,but it's sometimes him being too aggressive trying to make a play. This is one of those nights the goaltender brought a wall with him. We need to score on the powerplay. I mean 5-3 peppering the dude and nothing.

And the Caps score again and we fail on our 5th powerplay. I don't see us winning this game this evening. It just has that vibe.

Well at least Hornquist scores to **** can the shutout. Just not their night. Nice to see some fire in the end

Watched a bit through the 2nd after they blew the 5 on 3.
Hornqvist will give them problems in the playoffs if we meet.

I'm ok with the loss.

I don't think I've ever seen Geno that pissed.

Let the caps be regular season champs.
I don't think they're that great for a cup run.

Nashville, Vegas or even LA would knock the brakes off of Washington.
Oshie is lucky Geno is more of a hugger. Little dutch looking boy hasn't had someone pop him a good one.

The caps would stop their post whistle shenanigans if Oleksiak and co hit back a bit.
I'm starting to think the Pens are really holding out until the playoffs.