• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2017-2018 Pittsburgh Penguins

Yeah, what happened with Holtby?

Aside from the cheap hits, philly has no real threat to keep up with the Pens.

I'll disagree here. Philly dominated the first period. With ease. If not for Murray and a fortuitous goal by Sid in the first, who knows where this game goes? Murray broke the Flyers in the first. They had a ton of golden opportunities. Murray stoned them. That game was won by Murray in the first.

The Craps have all they can handle with the Jackets. Ovie the Great Fake is the ultimate cherry picker. He only wants to shoot, doesn't care about helping out on D. If they go down 2-0 tonight, Trots is going to be second-guessed sitting Hoitby. I don't think it's a smart move. Grubnever is not the answer. Oh, I see they did start Hotlby in the 3rd. Too little, too late??

Last edited:
I'll disagree here. Philly dominated the first period. With ease. If not for Murray and a fortuitous goal by Sid in the first, who knows where this game goes? Murray broke the Flyers in the first. They had a ton of golden opportunities. Murray stoned them. That game was won by Murray in the first.

That 1st period was more cautious play by the Pens if any.
They settled in and took over. Murray needs to continue to hold strong.

Seems as though this Pens team wakes up after the 1st.

Nice win by the Pens ! Special teams were better and that helped a ton. PP isn't what I would call fixed but definitely better. Shehan was an unsung hero. He broke up a bunch of plays by reach and hustle.

Caps lost and that makes it just a little sweeter.

Craps down 2-0. going to Columbus. Think they are panicking in DC yet?

I wanted that matchup to fall at the last game of the season. I called it, and the Caps will be losing in the first round this year instead of the 2nd.

They're definitely panicked in DC. Imagine if we were 0-2 going to Philly.

All my Caps friends are losing their minds here. Though most of them have already conceded to failure yet again. They're conditioned to it. Look at the Nats as well. Great regular seasons, terrible playoff production.

Their sports teams mirror politicians. Excellent campaigns, terrible terms...

All my Caps friends are losing their minds here. Though most of them have already conceded to failure yet again. They're conditioned to it. Look at the Nats as well. Great regular seasons, terrible playoff production.

Their sports teams mirror politicians. Excellent campaigns, terrible terms...

Hahahaha...unfortunately snakeoil and false promises do not win championships only elections. You just can't talk your way into winning.

Hahahaha...unfortunately snakeoil and false promises do not win championships only elections. You just can't talk your way into winning.

The caps implode. That fan base has to feel heart broke with the promising look only to be let down

The caps implode. That fan base has to feel heart broke with the promising look only to be let down

I think they have grown used to it by now. LOL

Most of the Caps fans I know came into the playoff's in guarded condition, afraid to commit. Past history is telling of future performance.

I think they have grown used to it by now. LOL

Most of the Caps fans I know came into the playoff's in guarded condition, afraid to commit. Past history is telling of future performance.

They are bad lol. Ovie is non existent.
Holtby breaks.
Backstrom is old
Oshie looks like the little dutch boy that can't
Wilson is penalty prone
Kutzentzov(sp?) is legit.

Time to blow it up

They are bad lol. Ovie is non existent.
Holtby breaks.
Backstrom is old
Oshie looks like the little dutch boy that can't
Wilson is penalty prone
Kutzentzov(sp?) is legit.

Time to blow it up

If I was Ovie, I'd ask to be traded to the Pens. lol

As much as he cherry picks and shoots, he scored twice last night, but their D is so-so. That OT goal was pathetic. One handed goal. Are you kidding? Their goalie situation is a mess, kinda like Philly. They just don't scare me. I think TB, BOS and the Pens spank them, if CBJ doesn't.

Reactions: MTC
Why? The guy has be mediocre at best all year.

Holtby the guy who is battle tested in the playoffs. Sure he loses in the 2nd round, but it's usually from lack of scoring that does the Caps in against the Pens. I don't throw the backup in as the starter, regardless of how hot he was down the stretch, in a smaller sample size of games. I'm not saying Grubauer isn't a good goalie, I'm saying he's not a playoff goalie. I go with my starter who knows how to get out of the first round.