• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2017-2018 Pittsburgh Penguins

If the pens close it out i was hoping for a nice break before next round. Unfortunately it seems most series are blowouts at the moment. Maybe the caps and cbj can go 7 games

Wow that was some seriously uninspiring play tonight at times from the Flyers. I think Couturier's injury was the nail in the coffin.

Hopefully close it out Friday night and avoid any cheap shot injuries. That worries me more than anything now.

Gudas took out his teammate and tried the same thing with Malkin in the 3rd. What a jackhole. 4 and 5-0, they were still trying bait the Pens in goonery. There's a good reason why they got shutout twice. They are not concerned with scoring, but taking the body every chance they could. ****** game plan. Send them packing Fri!

Last edited:
Gudas took out his teammate and tried the same thing with Malkin in the 3rd. What a jackhole. 4 and 5-0, they were still trying bait them Pens in goonery. There is a reason why they got shutout twice. They are not concerned about scoring, but taking the body every chance they could. ******** game plan.

They're still stuck in the 70's. That **** doesn't fly anymore.They can only injure players in hopes of them failing in the next round. That's very unprofessional. They don't have the defense to get it done in the net.

If the pens close it out i was hoping for a nice break before next round. Unfortunately it seems most series are blowouts at the moment. Maybe the caps and cbj can go 7 games

That is my thinking too I am a Craps fan tonight. Even up the series and go back to Washington. I hope they pound each other to oblivion and force a game 7 quadruple overtime and the Pens are setting at home watching the calamity unfold.

The schedule is set, and even if all the teams finish in 4 or 5 games, they still wouldn't play until Thu/Fri at the earliest next week. Win on Fri and rest up!

I'm hoping for another home series vs Columbus.

If Columbus wins tonight, Washington will play desperate the rest of the series to not go home. Win/win for the Pens.

Not to put the cart before the horse, but the Pens are looking good. They have a hiccup game here and there, but they re-group and regain focus.

Playoff hockey is boring.......Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Heard on The Fan that Murray may have been slightly injured during practice. He was down for awhile with the trainers, but continued to practice. I hope it's nothing. Ugh!!!

Last edited:
Heard on The Fan that Murray may have been slightly injured during practice. He was down for awhile with the trainers, but continued to practice. I hope it's nothing. Ugh!!!

As a goalie, if he was down for a bit, but continued to practice, It's probably a stinger. In a sense that the puck caught him in between pads. For me it happens when multiple people are shooting at the same time. You're facing one guy and your pads are in position, the guy from the off angle hits a joint. Puts me down for 2-3minutes.

Panic

DbKHGBKUQAAekA7.jpg

Re: Murray, he’s still out on the ice, but doesn’t look 100 percent right. We’ll see if anyone says anything after practice.

Murray was interviewed after practice and said he was fine. With the NHL you never know what to believe until late morning on game day.

Pens need to wrap this up tomorrow. Keep Kessel with Malkin and roll. Hornqvist skated today but isn't ready yet.

I'll be there screaming and yelling ! Let's Go Pens !

As a goalie, if he was down for a bit, but continued to practice, It's probably a stinger. In a sense that the puck caught him in between pads. For me it happens when multiple people are shooting at the same time. You're facing one guy and your pads are in position, the guy from the off angle hits a joint. Puts me down for 2-3minutes.

I've checked around and couldn't find much at all on it.

Panic

DbKHGBKUQAAekA7.jpg

Re: Murray, he’s still out on the ice, but doesn’t look 100 percent right. We’ll see if anyone says anything after practice.

We aint got time for this **** Murray. Time to suck it up.

I got a horrible hangnail today and there is no way it is keeping me from watching the game tomorrow night.

It looks like Murray is stretching his groin in a wide butterfly in this pic. I don't think it's the injury, since no one is facing him for a team on-ice meeting.

Any meeting time or coaching time with the skaters, means your on ice goalies are stretching.

It looks like Murray is stretching his groin in a wide butterfly in this pic. I don't think it's the injury, since no one is facing him for a team on-ice meeting.

Any meeting time or coaching time with the skaters, means your on ice goalies are stretching.

Looks like he's only stretching.
The staff and players look too casual.

If Murray was injured, the trainers etc would look more attentive to Murray

Looks like he's only stretching.
The staff and players look too casual.

If Murray was injured, the trainers etc would look more attentive to Murray

Yea by now they are used to Matt doubling over in pain during the playoffs. Don't even pay attention to it anymore. Just another sign they are going to win the cup again......

Almost looks like whoever that is (maybe Martin) just got done whacking Murray in the kahunas with that stick lol.

Pittsburgh Penguins✔@penguins

Hornqvist has been ruled out for Game 5, but it's definitely a good sign to see him on the ice with the team for morning skate!

****! Geno down.
Pens got sloppy after that.

Only down 1. Not done.
Let's Go Pens!