• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2017-2018 Pittsburgh Penguins

Malkin did skate off. So hoping it's not as bad as it looks

Penguins tied it!
Philly trying to bait, don't take any retaliation. Philly will implode

Gave up a shorthanded goal?! ******* honestly!
Enough with the passes and shoot that puck!!!

Pass pass pass turnover. Why the sucking at home now. I swear. Well got 2 more games to clear these clowns out

Pass pass pass turnover. Why the sucking at home now. I swear. Well got 2 more games to clear these clowns out

Those philly phuckers played with some urgency tonight.
Pens turtle when they get pushed around. Which was the case today. Their forecheck kicked our ***

I think the caps may expose the Pens if they advance

Or just one of those nights.
The lack of a killer instinct is annoying as hell though

I'd swear they want to play extra games. It really didn't look like the same team. They're spanking that *** and then nothing for a game. Take them out and stop dicking around...ok,done venting...haha...
Next game. Play it like a game 7 and shoot the damn puck and get guys to the net.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Kris Letang ******* SUCKS!! I can't stand him. Should've traded his *** and kept Reaves.

I wouldn't necessarily say they played a bad game. I thought they dominated for long stretches of the game. They had so many chances but Niuverth was up to the challenge late in the game. That save on Sid was unbelievable.

Hopefully this was just his moment in the sun and they chase him in Philly Sunday.

Reactions: MTC
Pens don't like to clinch at home. I don't know what it is, but they won't, can't or don't. Philly showed urgency anfd pulled a rabbit out of their ***** tonight. Courtier? Really? I didn't think he was playing. We'll get them Sunday. Have to get up on them early and they will wilt.

I wouldn't necessarily say they played a bad game. I thought they dominated for long stretches of the game. They had so many chances but Niuverth was up to the challenge late in the game. That save on Sid was unbelievable.

Hopefully this was just his moment in the sun and they chase him in Philly Sunday.

Nah they didn't play bad. Their goalie was hot.
Pens had some periods of good offensive pressure.

Philly did look aggressive pinning us in our own zone last night.
Another puck luck game + the D was getting owned

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Kris Letang ******* SUCKS!! I can't stand him. Should've traded his *** and kept Reaves.

Had Kessel to blame for a goal too.
Too much passing on the PP and philly banked on a turnover.

that SHG is inexcusable. Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy play. Should have never happened. Still fuming this morning.

Last night was a disappointment on so many levels. Letang over skated, mishandled and misjudged so many pucks I lost count. You wonder why they passed all night, because no one was in front of the net. Honestly they played scared. Always looking over their shoulder. Neuvirth was good not great. Had their been a net front presence, it would have been a much different outcome.

The place was loud ! Louder that it should have been for their quality of play. We sat with a fantastic bunch in 206. There were a couple of kids about 7-8 years old behind us. Listening to them was really fun. Little guys stayed engaged till the end.

I've said it all year. This team isn't going to 3 peat. The chemistry just isn't there. The urgency isn't there. It won't stop me from rooting for and supporting them. They will win this series, maybe squeak through the next round but when they start playing out of the Metro it will be over. I'm going to enjoy the ride while it lasts. Surprises happen in the playoffs, The talent is there. If Sully can rekindle the desire there is hope !

Last edited:
Both ZAR and Simon were awful. It looked like the game was too big for them. ZAR is no Hornqvist and whatever pundit that stared that comparison should be kicked in the nuts....twice. Brassard is an OK 3C, he hasn't adjusted to the Pens style, Sheahan is better right now. Brassard is an OK 3C, right now Sheahan is better.

Both ZAR and Simon were awful. It looked like the game was too big for them. ZAR is no Hornqvist and whatever pundit that stared that comparison should be kicked in the nuts....twice. Brassard is an OK 3C, he hasn't adjusted to the Pens style, Sheahan is better right now. Brassard is an OK 3C, right now Sheahan is better.

That trade was clearly a bad idea. It may have cost them a legitimate shot at three in a row. I'll be optimistic until the end.

Pens got cocky and sloppy, looking for the easy goal after the frenzy of the early minutes when they should have had more. PP owned the loss, not much else to say.

Up 2-1 and let in a SH goal. That was your game.

Horny needs to come back asap.

Hornqvist should be back today. He practiced fully on Saturday. Malkin did not practice. Hopefully a maintenance day.

Pens need to close this out. A 7th game could be a disaster.

IMO first five minutes is going to tell the tale. Pens need to come out strong and get the game's first goal. Can't play around in their own end either.

Going to be taping it...ugh. Got a few hours of work to do. I'll be checking my phone periodically. Let's Go Pens!

Reactions: MTC