• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2017-2018 Pittsburgh Penguins

Dude jumped as soon as the stick hit his stick. ***** move. And yes, if you hit puck first, it's not a trip.

Philly fans did nothing to shake the nationwide notion, that they are the most classless, clueless, front running fans in the world. The bashing of their own team on FB is horrid. They had zero chance of winning this series, and if Neuverth didn't steal game 5 this series was over on Friday.

Yeah, the refs looked the other way and handed us a win, but a win is a win is....The fix was in, Betman needs the Pens in the playoffs, beer can missiles on the ice sells

Yeah, we cheated

Last edited:
That game was just a head scratcher. But **** 8 goals with 4 of them by one guy. It was like close game,then bam,bam..bam...dead flyers! Props to Jake! Giving up 5 just won't cut it next round.

An 8-5 game in the playoffs is certainly abnormal....next!

And what the hell is wrong with Philly fans? Eat too many lead paint chips as a child? Mommy not give you enough love? Grow the **** up. It's just a game and the 70's are over.

Last edited:
Feeling a bit more confident for the next round.
Regardless who wins between CBJ/Wash, our guys need to expect another physical series.

Gonna enjoy KO'ing the flyers out of the playoffs. A little redemption after 2012

Its sportmanship.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Steeler Nation mobile app

Sportsmanship and tradition.
Although teams generally do have a hatred for each other. Still respect for the game.

Having respect for an opponent is hard to say. Cause teams can do some pretty cheap stuff intentionally.
I don't claim the Pens are saints every team has their cheap moments.

But yeah, still a respect factor for the game itself

MTC- Hope your Granny is doing better

This wins feels really good and putting The Flyers out makes it all the sweeter. Their fans can crawl back in there holes.

Pens still have a lot of work to do. Murray and the D are still the major suspects. It's been the issue all year. Solution is to score 4-5 a game.

Energy- They can pull from this series win. Kessel stepping up after Hags went down was big.

Injuries- I'm waiting on pins and needles for an update on Malkin and Hags. Today is an off day. All we'll find out is if they skate tomorrow at practice.

Letang's 10 cent brain finally pays off. What player comes out of the box after taking the dumbest penalty of the year... and goes right to committing another dumb penalty?
It should have been called.

Sid's line won it for us. He, Jake obviously and Hornqvist made things happen. Now we need to pray for Malkins knee.

Holy **** balls, if the Pens skipped the handshake, I doubt they ever live that down and get out of Philly in one piece. The Flyers suck and their fans do, too, but it is tradition and sportsmanship. That's what makes hockey great. They beat the Hell out of each other for 6 games, swap blood and still shake hands. I wouldn't want it any other way.

Time to heal and get ready for round 2. It's going to be tough, no matter who they play. They may have to change their mindset to survive. They can, if it's WASH. but need all hands on deck and play smart. Murray will need to steal a game or two. He has to play better. Too many crappy goals lingering around the net that got by him.

Philadelphia can eat ****. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Sent from my [device_name] using Steeler Nation mobile app

I do agree!

They actually will have a good team, they will get some experience with their young dmen and actually get a goalie. If they would play HOCKEY and not worry about the rough stuff, they should have a good, young team going forward. They seem like the Bengals of the NHL. Talent is there, need some tweeking,if they don't keep shooting themselves in the foot, but they can't help themselves to act like fools.

That game was just a head scratcher. But **** 8 goals with 4 of them by one guy. It was like close game,then bam,bam..bam...dead flyers! Props to Jake! Giving up 5 just won't cut it next round.

An 8-5 game in the playoffs is certainly abnormal....next!

And what the hell is wrong with Philly fans? Eat too many lead paint chips as a child? Mommy not give you enough love? Grow the **** up. It's just a game and the 70's are over.

I'm thinking it's mad cow, from all of their ****** cheesesteak places...

Last edited:
You would think the Flyers would be better at losing. They have done it often enough.

Letang's 10 cent brain finally pays off. What player comes out of the box after taking the dumbest penalty of the year... and goes right to committing another dumb penalty?
It should have been called.

Sid's line won it for us. He, Jake obviously and Hornqvist made things happen. Now we need to pray for Malkins knee.

Jake was on fire

Baseball is the ONLY professional sport that does not shake hands after games/series...Football, Basketball, Hockey, Golf, Soccer... all of em go out and battle...then they shake hands like gentlemen and line up to do it again.

The NHL does wait until the series is over, but yeah...handshake lines are the best. Its the right thing to do...

putting The Flyers out makes it all the sweeter. Their fans can crawl back in there holes.

2jedc7p.png

Feeling a bit more confident for the next round.
Regardless who wins between CBJ/Wash, our guys need to expect another physical series.

Hoping BJs win in 7 and we get to see our good friend Playoff Bob again

As much as I'd like to completely break the Caps' spirit, I really don't want to tempt fate again, beat Caps 3 years in a row? The longer we have to wait the better.

Reactions: MTC
Baseball is the ONLY professional sport that does not shake hands after games/series...Football, Basketball, Hockey, Golf, Soccer... all of em go out and battle...then they shake hands like gentlemen and line up to do it again.

The NHL does wait until the series is over, but yeah...handshake lines are the best. Its the right thing to do...

I could be wrong, but I thought I've seen MLB teams do that after playoff series.

Oh, and you forgot that little ***** Tammy Brady, she refused to shake hands after losing the Super Bowl.

Hoping BJs win in 7 and we get to see our good friend Playoff Bob again

As much as I'd like to completely break the Caps' spirit, I really don't want to tempt fate again, beat Caps 3 years in a row? The longer we have to wait the better.

The caps have the skilled forwards to give our defense fits. I'd rather play cbj

4 goals on 19 shots for CBJ goalie. Not going to cut it

I am so over playing the Caps in the playoffs.

Murray better get his **** together

I know the Pens have the Craps number in the PO, but they look really strong. I don't know if the Pens have enough horses this year to get it done. Should be a good series, as usual, but I may not be as disappointed if WASH moves on. Hopefully, the Pens can chase Holtby one more time for fun.

Last edited: