• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2017-2018 Pittsburgh Penguins

I really like your optimism around here. Maybe I'm just waiting for the Pens' good fortune to run out and it appears it's due, esp with Ovie and Co. This is an area where they haven't been able to advance and esp against Sid. If we can steal one in DC, I'll be able to settle down a bit, but this series makes me uneasy.

Eh there's more pressure on them wanting to beat the Pens.
The Pens are a been there done that; in the schtick of it all.

Our guys have nothing to prove. I think we'll be the ones playing more loose.
Even if we do lose the series, I think this Pens group can give the caps a run for their money.
I fail to see the caps beating Tampa or Boston.

Considering how this season has played out, it's great to see the Pens advance to round 2.
Not bad for coming off a couple long seasons. Damn proud of this group win or lose.

Caps goin come out flyin...we better be ready....split on their ice, good enough for me

Holtby's gonna crack eventually.
I cannot see him making saves all series like he is.

Pens need to focus. A lot of mental mistakes.
Sully will get them right this series as well.

17 shots on goal won't cut it. I'm not getting to watch it right now so I'm not sure what the deal is. Both goals given up within 30 seconds of the start 1st and 3rd. They having a brain fart?

Ye of little faith... and Tanger had a decent game. Geno comes back and the PP is back and they bitchslap these *******.

Last edited:
Reactions: MTC
Winner winner chicken ****** dinner. That's going to be fun watching tomorrow afternoon. I must have refreshed my phones feed a hundred times in the last 8 min. Great start.

Holy ****, they took Game 1. I'm in disbelief. How did that just happen? Whoooooooooo!

NBC sounds like someone killed their dog,

Murray played lights out. Pens stepped up in the 3rd.
I think we're more skilled than the caps and can come up when needed. I want to put the caps away. They don't scare me. Just gotta weather the physicality

Like I said, a little adversity does wonders. If Simon could close there would have been 3 more. If Murray could be on his game at the start of periods they would have nothing. One thing for sure, Murray more than made up for what got in.

I have no voice left. Wife was about ready to kill me. Honestly the cap fans we sat near were OK. We paid $43 for seats in the second row of the 400's. We may go again Sunday. Also have tickets to the second game in Pittsburgh. We have a hockey problem in this house.

Super exciting start. Analyse all you want to, I'm just in "hardcore fan mode" right now.

Lmao talk about stealing a game. Holtby got back to being Holtby and Murray played like 2 time Stanley Cup Champion Murray in the 3rd.

The Pens were really lucky the Caps couldn't find the net in the first too.

Yeah, Murray stole one!

Holy **** what a game, ill take it!

Now Caps got an extra day off to stew about another blown 2-0 lead.... Sunday afternoon next

.How bad Horny hurt?

Last edited:
I didn't get to see the first goal, but sounded like a defensive breakdown. The second goal i am not sure if any goalie stops that. A 2 on 1 followed by a perfectly placed ovechkin shot. I can't blame Murray for that ary all. I think puck luck was pretty equal. We hit a few posts missed some shots. The caps missed a few open nets. I never pictured the 3rd to go down like it did. Caps had a total collapse. I was really worried about this series, but even if we lost yesterday we were not overmatched at all. If we play our game we can definitely hang.