• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2017-2018 Pittsburgh Penguins

I am nervous for this series. We have no defense in front of or behind the net and Murray is not playing well. The caps also have momentumomentum, a hot goalie, and i imagine they want to win more. Pens have been there done that. Only good thing is the pens get up to play the caps and we are in their heads. Caps also have a ton of pressure on them

We are in their head. And we have Letang back this year. Pens in 6.

I personally don't think having Letang back has been a good thing for the Pens. For every good thing he does, there's at least 3 stupid things. For the most part this season, he has SUCKED. Our defense is NOT as good as it was last year.

I personally don't think having Letang back has been a good thing for the Pens. For every good thing he does, there's at least 3 stupid things. For the most part this season, he has SUCKED. Our defense is NOT as good as it was last year.

Our defense was a little suspect last season too.
If the caps play aggressive on the forecheck, they're winning this series.

We're not built for another tough series this season. As long as the Pens go down fighting I'll be ok being thumped this series.
We've had the caps number for way too long, those ******* are due. I fail to see them winning the cup though. TB/Bos/Toronto have the speed and bigger bodies to combat the caps.

I'll remain optimistic, but not expecting the win this season

I will cheer, *****, moan and love every gut wrenching moment of the next series and no matter what happens, will be proud of this team. If they can push them to the brink and make them doubt themselves again against the Pens, it will be worth it.

Reactions: MTC
I could be wrong, but I thought I've seen MLB teams do that after playoff series.

Nope...MLB teams don't shake hands...ever.

Oh, and you forgot that little ***** Tammy Brady, she refused to shake hands after losing the Super Bowl.

Individuals may not, but teams do...by practice. The SuperBowl is an oddity because of all the celebratin' going on...but in large part, the teams do cross the field and shake hands/congratulate one another.

I will cheer, *****, moan and love every gut wrenching moment of the next series and no matter what happens, will be proud of this team. If they can push them to the brink and make them doubt themselves again against the Pens, it will be worth it.
Same here!
I think the Pens can instill some doubt into the caps.
Our boys are just not loaded this year. But I did have doubt last season, may change my tune once the series starts

Same here!
I think the Pens can instill some doubt into the caps.
Our boys are just not loaded this year. But I did have doubt last season, may change my tune once the series starts

The way that series looked last year. I could have sworn the caps kept the puck in the offensive zone for a month at a time. We certainly have to play better defense and keep scoring! A lot. Maybe them have to open up and then capitalize. I'm cautiously optimistic because I've seen this movie a few times now. Let's hope it stays like "Groundhog Day"...haha

It would be sweet to send Philly and the caps home. If we get past the caps i think we can beat anyone. Boston seems to have our number this year and i hope someone takes them out

It would be sweet to send Philly and the caps home. If we get past the caps i think we can beat anyone.

One game at a time

Lets face the facts... We need a better performance from Murray then what we got against the Flyers.

Letang is who you have to worry about getting agitated by the Caps and getting into penalty trouble. We already saw him unravel a bit against Philly and you can be assured that the Caps will do everything they can to get him worked up and taking selfish penalties.

The PPs will decide this series

The D isn't going to get any better before this series. They are what they are. Murray is the difference maker. Which Murray shows up ?

Malkin, I'm hoping his injury isn't bigger than we know. Undisclosed lower body and everyone is a game time decision doesn't tell much. Hagelin is a question also. They both didn't practice yesterday. We'll see today.

I look for Sheahan and Brassard to be major playes in this round. The advantage is to the Pens on the 3rd line. I would hope we run 3 lines and only use the 4th about 8-9 minutes.

If the Pens can keep the offense rolling, average 4-5 goals a game we win. Anything less and it will be all about Murray.

The D isn't going to get any better before this series. They are what they are. Murray is the difference maker. Which Murray shows up ?

Malkin, I'm hoping his injury isn't bigger than we know. Undisclosed lower body and everyone is a game time decision doesn't tell much. Hagelin is a question also. They both didn't practice yesterday. We'll see today.

I look for Sheahan and Brassard to be major playes in this round. The advantage is to the Pens on the 3rd line. I would hope we run 3 lines and only use the 4th about 8-9 minutes.

If the Pens can keep the offense rolling, average 4-5 goals a game we win. Anything less and it will be all about Murray.

Uncle Ben...did you author the article in The Trib this morning?
:)

Comes down to Malkin health and Holtby vs Murray. Looks like Haglin and Malkin will at least miss game 1 now. Without Malkin/Haglin I say the Caps in 6. Without Malkin and we get a 4+ goal Murray might be over before that.

I go through this every year doubting this team and they prove me wrong but I have a bad feeling about this series.

Official. Malkin and Hagelin out tomorrow. Malkin traveling with the team, meaning he may be ready for game 2. Hagelin a question mark at this point.

Sent from my [device_name] using Steeler Nation mobile app

This is one of those times when a team has to rise above. Your second line goes to hell in a basket. Next man up LOL. Sometimes a little adversity is what it takes to get players to step up to another level. Crosby and Simon have clicked before. Kessel was quiet during the first round. Sheahan and Brassard were brought here for this. Let's roll

* read this in the Trib., not really

Not happy Geno&Hags are out. That's a lot of talent,but the Pens can still prevail

I really like your optimism around here. Maybe I'm just waiting for the Pens' good fortune to run out and it appears it's due, esp with Ovie and Co. This is an area where they haven't been able to advance and esp against Sid. If we can steal one in DC, I'll be able to settle down a bit, but this series makes me uneasy.