• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2017 NFL Draft Q&A

Let me also add this, I am not against drafting a corner in the first or second round. I just do not panic and say we have to draft this now or that then, like stating we have to get a QB this year. I do not think there is an absolute MUST pick in any round, although I would prefer to grab certain DBs and edge rushers if the opportunity presents itself. I'm for drafting talented players, not imaginary positions.

Steelers hosted five today:
Josh Jones, S, NC State
Chris Godwin, WR, Penn State
Jarrad Davis, ILB, Florida
James Conner, RB, Pitt
Budda Baker, S, Washington

Conner is a local visit.

So, that brings the total actual visits to 12 with 4 more reportedly scheduled. That marks the halfway point on visits.

Isn't this a much deeper draft at the position

All positions? No. This is a thin OL draft, and usually lots of those players are taken at OL from rounds 1-3.

All positions? No. This is a thin OL draft, and usually lots of those players are taken at OL from rounds 1-3.

Jesus Christ at DB the position being discussed

So you agree with me that 10-12 corners will be gone by pick #60. Common ground has been achieved.

Now, lets use the 2016 draft as a template. By pick #94 ( which is where we pick in round three ) FOURTEEN Corners were off the board. This year, I'll predict there will be 14 or more taken BEFORE we pick in round three.

Are you confident we can get a starter in round three? I am not! This is why one needs to be picked before that time. Round 2 seems right. Gay needs to be replaced due to age, and the Steelers think so highly of Cockerel he has a lowly 4th round tender. There you have it our 2nd and 3rd best corner....one is small, and slowing down, the other better suited for sub package work.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_NFL_Draft

I'm not ready to speculate on how many corners are taken by pick #62. It could be 10. It could be 12. It might only be 8 since two of the top corners are down for 4-6 months. It could be 14. There are always guys that rise, guys that fall, sleepers that nobody expects, and high value prospects that fall. Did you think you could get Andrew Billings in the 4th last year? Did you think Artie Burns and Sean Davis were worth 1st/2nd round picks? So, while I am not stating that assessment is wrong, not buying it as fact either. It is a fool's errand.

Cannot use 2016 as a template and I won't. The 2016 draft wasn't as deep at corner. No WR was drafted in the top 10 last year, only 5 went in the top 40. This draft features better first round talent and is much deeper at the WR spot. Better edge rushers. Better ILBs. Vastly better at RB and safety. It has solid DTs. All of that could contribute to teams overdrafting QBs and OL because they feel they can get those positions later. It means talent could slide. You cannot evaluate how a draft breaks until teams start drafting players. Again, any speculation about what will be gone is a fool's errand.

I'm pretty confident we can find a starter in round 3. Look, you want to refer back to 2016 so much, here are NFL.com's CB rankings for 2016, in order by grade.
www.nfl.com/draft/2016/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-position/dt-by-position-input:cb

If you look, the 7th/8th ranked corners were there in the 3rd round. DJ White, the 10th ranked corner fell to the 6th. Cyrus Jones was taken in the 2nd and he ranked 13th. The 25th ranked corner went in the 2nd round. To attempt to predict where players go with any certainty is laughable at best. In 2016, NFL.com ranked 6 corners with a grade of 5.7 or higher. In 2017, they have 15 ranked 5.7 or higher. You stated that in 2016, fourteen corners were gone before the 94th pick. If the same holds true, we will be drafting a player that is better than the 7th best corner in last year's draft, by NFL.com's rankings.

Deeper throughout and deeper at the top end.

Okay if you won't speculate, I will at least 11 corners will be gone before we pick in round three ( pick #94 ) I'm sure enough to wager anyone here avatar rights for three months that this will happen

So TMC, if you have your own grades, what is the difference between say your 8-10th best corner ( we we would pick in round two ) and your 13-15th best corner?

My worry is your'll be picking a guy in round three with marginal size or speed/quickness....these are cornerbacks and those attributes are at a premium for the position.

If you get a physical wonder like Ike Taylor, sure take a shot at him in round three...no such player will be there.

I do not want a Hank Poteat, or Curtis Brown picked in round three. Heck I thought Golosn was a bit of a reach and injury prone if you want the truth.

Lets draft a player that can come in and make a difference not work in progress. Make this a number one priority this year.

So you agree with me that 10-12 corners will be gone by pick #60. Common ground has been achieved.

Now, lets use the 2016 draft as a template. By pick #94 ( which is where we pick in round three ) FOURTEEN Corners were off the board. This year, I'll predict there will be 14 or more taken BEFORE we pick in round three.

Are you confident we can get a starter in round three? I am not! This is why one needs to be picked before that time. Round 2 seems right. Gay needs to be replaced due to age, and the Steelers think so highly of Cockerel he has a lowly 4th round tender. There you have it our 2nd and 3rd best corner....one is small, and slowing down, the other better suited for sub package work.

Okay if you won't speculate, I will at least 11 corners will be gone before we pick in round three ( pick #94 ) I'm sure enough to wager anyone here avatar rights for three months that this will happen

So TMC, if you have your own grades, what is the difference between say your 8-10th best corner ( we we would pick in round two ) and your 13-15th best corner?

My worry is your'll be picking a guy in round three with marginal size or speed/quickness....these are cornerbacks and those attributes are at a premium for the position.

If you get a physical wonder like Ike Taylor, sure take a shot at him in round three...no such player will be there.

I do not want a Hank Poteat, or Curtis Brown picked in round three. Heck I thought Golosn was a bit of a reach and injury prone if you want the truth.

The average NFL cornerback in 2014 was 5'11"-193.4 pounds. A marginal player, I would assume, would be under 5'10"-180 pounds, and run worse than a 4.55 forty. So, anything over 5'10", 180 pounds, and running a sub-4.55 forty has to be better than marginal.
Here is a list of corners that are above that threshold:
Marshon Lattimore
Marlon Humphrey
TreDavious White
Kevin King
Gareon Conley
Chidobe Awuzie
Cordrea Tankersley
Adoree Jackson
Fabian Moreau
Quincy Wilson
Sidney Jones
Ahkello Witherspoon
Jalen Myrick
Jourdan Lewis
Cameron Sutton
Shaquill Griffin
Corn Elder
Brian Allen
Damontee Kazee
Jeremy Cutrer
Marquez White
Brandon Wilson
Nate Hairston
Brendan Langley
Ezra Robinson
Ashton Lampkin
Sojourn Shelton
Des Lawrence
Xavier Coleman
Jack Tocho
Josh Thornton
Joshua Holsey
And I can name another 15 guys that top that threshold. Just because you have no idea how many players there are that are capable of making the jump doesn't mean they are not out there. Every player doesn't put videos on youtube. I mean, you have NO clue about a guy like Michael Davis of BYU who is 6015, 190 and ran a 4.4 forty. No clue. You have no clue about Xavier Coleman who is 5'11-190 pounds and ran a 4.46 forty with a 40" vertical jump and threw up the bar 17-times. What about JOsh Thornton who is 5'11", 188 pounds and ran a 4.39 forty? Brendan Langley ran a 4.43 at 6'-201. Brian Allen ran a 4.48 at 6'3"-215 pounds. I did not even list Howard Wilson because his 40-time was a 4.57, but at 6'1"-184 pounds, his 3.94 shuttle is rare air. That is elite elite change of direction. Jalen Myrick of Minnesota is listed with a 4.28 forty.

But, you really have no f'ing clue.

And, the difference between the 8th corner and the 13th corner is the number 5. That is about it. Cameron Sutton barely eeks into the top 15 on most boards, but he is 5'11"-188 pounds, ran a 4.52 with a 4.15 shuttle. Richard Sherman ran a 4.6 at the combine and improved to a 4.53 at his pro day. Horrible shuttle numbers. You would not have drafted him. Quinten Rollins ran a 4.57 forty. That isn't anywhere near elite. Did you hate him?

Sorry, but the film tells the tale, not just physical attributes. This draft is loaded with athletic DBs. Hell, there are several sub-4.40 DBs that might go undrafted.

Coach in this class we can find a player to compete with Cockrell in the 3rd round: Witherpoon, Sutton, Howard Wilson, Douglas. Then we could double dip in the 4th with a guy like Tabor, Corn Elder or Myrick to compete in the slot.

I want a CB early too, like if by a miracle Humphrey were there at 1.30 or the already talked about prospects at 2.62, but in case it didn't happen there are good enough players to improve our CB depth in 3rd and 4th round

TMC says

But, you really have no f'ing clue.

Let take a look at your list of corners, which I just might bump after the draft is over to compare accuracy :)

1-Marlon Humphrey
2-Gareon Conley
3-Marshon Lattimore
4-TreDavious White
5-Chidobe Awuzie
6-Kevin King
7-Adoree Jackson
8-Quincy Wilson
9-Cordrea Tankersley
10-Fabian Moreau
14-Ahkello Witherspoon
15-Cameron Sutton
16-Howard Wilson
17-Jalen Myrick
18-Jourdan Lewis

If I read your past draft write up and posted it here with the author being unknown, people would laugh.

To humor you, I pulled the mock from NFL.com in rounds two and three for corners

ROUND TWO
33. Browns: Obi Melifonwu, S, Connecticut
34. 49ers: Zach Cunningham, ILB, Vanderbilt
35. Jaguars: Evan Engram, TE, Ole Miss
36. Bears: Chidobe Awuzie, CB, Colorado
37. Rams: Charles Harris, OLB, Missouri
38. Chargers: Zay Jones, WR, East Carolina
39. Jets: Garett Bolles, T, Utah
40. Panthers: Cam Robinson, T, Alabama
41. Bengals: Raekwon McMillan, LB, Ohio State
42. Saints: Jarrad Davis, ILB, Florida
43. Eagles: Alvin Kamara, RB, Tennessee
44. Bills: Quincy Wilson, CB, Florida
45. Cardinals: DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame
46. Colts: Adoree' Jackson, CB, USC
47. Ravens: Cordrea Tankersley, CB, Clemson
48. Vikings: Malik McDowell, DT, Michigan State
49. Redskins: Davis Webb, QB, California
50. Buccaneers: Tyus Bowser, OLB, Houston
51. Broncos: Dan Feeney, G, Indiana
52. Browns: JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC
53. Lions: Curtis Samuel, WR, Ohio State
54. Dolphins: Carl Lawson, OLB, Auburn
55. Giants: Tanoh Kpassagnon, DE, Villanova
56. Raiders: Jaleel Johnson, DT, Iowa
57. Texans: Budda Baker, S, Washington
58. Seahawks: Taylor Moton, T, Western Michigan
59. Chiefs: Montravius Adams, DT, Auburn
60. Cowboys: DeMarcus Walker, DE, Florida State
61. Packers: Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama
62. Steelers: Chris Wormley, DE, Michigan
63. Falcons: Tarell Basham, DE, Ohio
64. Panthers: Joe Mixon, RB, Oklahoma

ROUND 3
65. Browns: Fabian Moreau, CB, UCLA
66. 49ers: Tim Williams, OLB, Alabama
67. Bears: Roderick Johnson, T, Florida State
68. Jaguars: Caleb Brantley, DT, Florida
69. Rams: Justin Evans, S, Texas A&M
70. Jets: Teez Tabor, CB, Florida
71. Chargers: Gerald Everett, TE, South Alabama
72. Patriots: Jake Butt, TE, Michigan
73. Bengals: Dawuane Smoot, DE, Illinois
74. Eagles: Josh Malone, WR, Tennessee
75. Bills: Cameron Sutton, CB, Tennessee
76. Saints: Carlos Watkins, DT, Clemson
77. Cardinals: Sidney Jones, CB, Washington
78. Ravens: Ethan Pocic, C, LSU
79. Vikings: Chris Godwin, WR, Penn State
80. Colts: D'Onta Foreman, RB, Texas
81. Redskins: Desmond King, CB, Iowa
82. Broncos: Tanner Vallejo, LB, Boise State
83. Titans: Dorian Johnson, G, Pittsburgh
84. Buccaneers: Kareem Hunt, RB, Toledo
85. Lions: Duke Riley, OLB, LSU
86. Vikings: Derek Rivers, OLB, Youngstown St.
87. Giants: Bucky Hodges, TE, Virginia Tech
88. Raiders: Shaquill Griffin, CB, UCF
89. Texans: Jermaine Eluemunor, T, Texas A&M
90. Seahawks: Jordan Leggett, TE, Clemson
91. Chiefs: Nathan Peterman, QB, Pittsburgh
92. Cowboys: KD Cannon, WR, Baylor
93. Packers: Danny Isidora, G, Miami
94. Steelers: Damontae Kazee, CB, San Diego State

So like I said you end up with a marginal guy without stating traits at pick #94 if you wait. If you want a corner with starting traits, it has to be by round two picking as late as the Steelers do in 2017.

Damontae Kazoo ( selected for us in this mock draft ) is 5'10", shorter arms, weight about 185 ( lighter ) and runs a 4.54. Not a likely a starter! Maybe one day you'll understand better, but until then you're the Peter King of this board. And I'll don't have to be nice to you if you, but I will be for now.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/damontae-kazee?id=2558184

PS: In this mock draft 14 corners were selected before we picked a corner ( Did not list the guys taken in round one ) which is pretty much what I said. So unless you think the 15th guy on your " list " is the answer as a starter, picking a corner in round three isn't wise.

Last edited:
Coach in this class we can find a player to compete with Cockrell in the 3rd round: Witherpoon, Sutton, Howard Wilson, Douglas. Then we could double dip in the 4th with a guy like Tabor, Corn Elder or Myrick to compete in the slot.

I want a CB early too, like if by a miracle Humphrey were there at 1.30 or the already talked about prospects at 2.62, but in case it didn't happen there are good enough players to improve our CB depth in 3rd and 4th round

I'm not against a corner in the first or second round. Hell, if they draft Chidobe Awuzie in the first, I'll spend the whole next day giggling like a school girl. But, say the top 5-6 corners go early and you can grab a guy like Budda Baker in the first. Then, the second rolls around and Derek Rivers or Carl Lawson or TJ Watt is sitting there, I'm not going to draft a corner there when I feel I can get value in the 3rd at that position. The Steelers have the 94th and 105th picks. If you use almost any site, and I use www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectranking, Cam Sutton is 91st. Marcus Maye is right there. Rasul Douglas is there. Howard Wilson, Shaquill Griffin, and Damontee Kazee. I've already solidified one DB spot (at least the slot with Baker). Now, I am piling on depth. The key is to continue to add talent, not state we need 1 player at X position at Y point in the draft. Those that draft well read how the draft is breaking. Last year, the Steelers caught the last high end corner (there was a drop after Burns). Then, they led the picks at safety and NT. They played it about as well as anyone could have done.

But we need better than Cockrel as a starter. And a slot guy to replace a slowing down William Gay. Such a player I think needs to be picked in rounds 1 or 2.

TMC thinks we can find that guy in round three, to that I say UNLIKELY.

Let take a look at your list of corners, which I just might bump after the draft is over to compare accuracy :)

1-Marlon Humphrey
2-Gareon Conley
3-Marshon Lattimore
4-TreDavious White
5-Chidobe Awuzie
6-Kevin King
7-Adoree Jackson
8-Quincy Wilson
9-Cordrea Tankersley
10-Fabian Moreau
14-Ahkello Witherspoon
15-Cameron Sutton
16-Howard Wilson
17-Jalen Myrick
18-Jourdan Lewis

If I read your past draft write up and posted it here with the author being unknown, people would laugh.

To humor you, I pulled the mock from NFL.com in rounds two and three for corners

ROUND TWO
33. Browns: Obi Melifonwu, S, Connecticut
34. 49ers: Zach Cunningham, ILB, Vanderbilt
35. Jaguars: Evan Engram, TE, Ole Miss
36. Bears: Chidobe Awuzie, CB, Colorado
37. Rams: Charles Harris, OLB, Missouri
38. Chargers: Zay Jones, WR, East Carolina
39. Jets: Garett Bolles, T, Utah
40. Panthers: Cam Robinson, T, Alabama
41. Bengals: Raekwon McMillan, LB, Ohio State
42. Saints: Jarrad Davis, ILB, Florida
43. Eagles: Alvin Kamara, RB, Tennessee
44. Bills: Quincy Wilson, CB, Florida
45. Cardinals: DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame
46. Colts: Adoree' Jackson, CB, USC
47. Ravens: Cordrea Tankersley, CB, Clemson
48. Vikings: Malik McDowell, DT, Michigan State
49. Redskins: Davis Webb, QB, California
50. Buccaneers: Tyus Bowser, OLB, Houston
51. Broncos: Dan Feeney, G, Indiana
52. Browns: JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC
53. Lions: Curtis Samuel, WR, Ohio State
54. Dolphins: Carl Lawson, OLB, Auburn
55. Giants: Tanoh Kpassagnon, DE, Villanova
56. Raiders: Jaleel Johnson, DT, Iowa
57. Texans: Budda Baker, S, Washington
58. Seahawks: Taylor Moton, T, Western Michigan
59. Chiefs: Montravius Adams, DT, Auburn
60. Cowboys: DeMarcus Walker, DE, Florida State
61. Packers: Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama
62. Steelers: Chris Wormley, DE, Michigan
63. Falcons: Tarell Basham, DE, Ohio
64. Panthers: Joe Mixon, RB, Oklahoma

ROUND 3
65. Browns: Fabian Moreau, CB, UCLA
66. 49ers: Tim Williams, OLB, Alabama
67. Bears: Roderick Johnson, T, Florida State
68. Jaguars: Caleb Brantley, DT, Florida
69. Rams: Justin Evans, S, Texas A&M
70. Jets: Teez Tabor, CB, Florida
71. Chargers: Gerald Everett, TE, South Alabama
72. Patriots: Jake Butt, TE, Michigan
73. Bengals: Dawuane Smoot, DE, Illinois
74. Eagles: Josh Malone, WR, Tennessee
75. Bills: Cameron Sutton, CB, Tennessee
76. Saints: Carlos Watkins, DT, Clemson
77. Cardinals: Sidney Jones, CB, Washington
78. Ravens: Ethan Pocic, C, LSU
79. Vikings: Chris Godwin, WR, Penn State
80. Colts: D'Onta Foreman, RB, Texas
81. Redskins: Desmond King, CB, Iowa
82. Broncos: Tanner Vallejo, LB, Boise State
83. Titans: Dorian Johnson, G, Pittsburgh
84. Buccaneers: Kareem Hunt, RB, Toledo
85. Lions: Duke Riley, OLB, LSU
86. Vikings: Derek Rivers, OLB, Youngstown St.
87. Giants: Bucky Hodges, TE, Virginia Tech
88. Raiders: Shaquill Griffin, CB, UCF
89. Texans: Jermaine Eluemunor, T, Texas A&M
90. Seahawks: Jordan Leggett, TE, Clemson
91. Chiefs: Nathan Peterman, QB, Pittsburgh
92. Cowboys: KD Cannon, WR, Baylor
93. Packers: Danny Isidora, G, Miami
94. Steelers: Damontae Kazee, CB, San Diego State

So like I said you end up with a marginal guy without stating traits at pick #94 if you wait. If you want a corner with starting traits, it has to be by round two.

Kazoo ( selected for us in this mock draft ) is 5'10", shorter arms, weight about 185 ( lighter ) and runs a 4.54. No likely a starter! Maybe one day you'll understand better, but until then you're the Peter King of this board. And I'll don't have to be nice to you if you, but I will be for now.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/damontae-kazee?id=2558184

PS: In this mock draft 14 corners were selected before we picked a corner ( Did not list the guys taken in round one ) which is pretty much what I said. So unless you think the 15th guy on your " list " is the answer as a starter, picking a corner in round three isn't wise.

And if the draft broke that way, I would take Chidobe Awuzie and not look back, you ******* idiot. In round 2, I'd take Derek Rivers, OLB, but I would, at least, explore moving up to nab Budda Baker. In the 3rd, I'd take Marcus Maye and Wayne Gallman. I'd go corner again in the 4th with Howard Wilson. Awuzie can play the slot and Wilson can play the edge. In the 5th, I would go Dalvin Tomlinson.

Again, that isn't drafting POSITIONS, it is taking talent. I double dipped at CB because there is TALENT there, not because I just felt all warm and fuzzy.

0d81b9178882880b25a0a90dd49499e3.jpg

Coach just

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Steeler Nation mobile app

But we need better than Cockrel as a starter. And a slot guy to replace a slowing down William Gay. Such a player I think needs to be picked in rounds 1 or 2.

we all are agreeing that the ideal would be to pick early on CBs, but as the example above TMC gave unfolds you have Baker and Watt with your 1st and 2nd pick. Would you be against it? For sure I wouldn't be. I'll give you another example:

OJ Howard is available at 1.30, also Watt, McKinley, Lawson, Rivers, Harris. You grab the best TE in the draft with the 1st pick, then by pick 62 Lawson and Harris are there and you get one of those. I mean, that's a bounty you are getting with your first couple of picks BUT you haven't drafted a DB yet. Would you like this draft? I sure as hell would, we have two picks in the 3rd round to get better at DB,

By the way I think Cockrell is a good enough #2 if Burns keeps progressing opposite him. In fact I'm more worried about the nickel CB than an outside CB. Gay is no spring chicken and Golson hasn't played a snap in the nfl yet

And if the draft broke that way, I would take Chidobe Awuzie and not look back, you ******* idiot. In round 2, I'd take Derek Rivers, OLB, but I would, at least, explore moving up to nab Budda Baker. In the 3rd, I'd take Marcus Maye and Wayne Gallman. I'd go corner again in the 4th with Howard Wilson. Awuzie can play the slot and Wilson can play the edge. In the 5th, I would go Dalvin Tomlinson.

Again, that isn't drafting POSITIONS, it is taking talent. I double dipped at CB because there is TALENT there, not because I just felt all warm and fuzzy.

Your barking is pointless, I liked Awuzie a lot before you reappeared.

The ******* idiot is you, you have no clue as to the value of certain pistons and how the draft falls.

You like Rivers in round two? Your track record on the surname isn't the best :)

Like I said if you want a corner with starting traits, its got to be early for us in 2017. At least you got that right.

What he doesn't mention about that mock draft, they have Taco Charlton going to the Steelers in the first, then have Chris Wormley going to the Steelers in the 2nd. So, that draft, in all its brilliance, has the STeelers taking 2 DL and converting one to OLB. Horrid draft. But, it gives him a platform for his CB issue, since we passed on better talented players for a piss poor fit at OLB. What idiot would take Taco Charlton over White or Awuzie for a 3-4? Coach I guess.

if the draft falls like that we would be very lucky (of course, not picking what they chose for the Steelers)

Your barking is pointless, I liked Awuzie a lot before you reappeared.

The ******* idiot is you, you have no clue as to the value of certain pistons and how the draft falls.

You like Rivers in round two? Your track record on the surname isn't the best :)

Like I said if you want a corner with starting traits, its got to be early for us in 2017. At least you got that right.

Who was your first round pick last year? Go ahead and say it....Billings. You had a coronary when they did not trade down and took Burns. You hated the Davis pick. You railed on it all season. Track record? What about you wanting Randy Gregory and hating Le'Veon Bell? Care to discuss those?

Run along little one. I'm afraid someone might call the cops because of child abuse.

I'm sure we can find a nickel starter in round 3, I can bet that there will be a CB drafted this year after 88 that will start in the league and do it soundly

I'm sure we can find a nickel starter in round 3, I can bet that there will be a CB drafted this year after 88 that will start in the league and do it soundly

Actually, you are more likely to find an edge corner. It is really easier to play outside than it is inside. You have the sideline to help with out routes and you can shade inside to make the receiver fight through you. When you are inside, you have both directions to sweat, have to read receivers better, have to have elite COD skills, and you have to be kind of physical because you can get caught easier in the run game. If you look, more edge corners are found later, like Ike Taylor, Keenan Lewis, Cortez Allen, Richard Sherman, Nolan Carroll, Perrish Cox, Davon House, Logan Ryan, Bashaud Breeland, Jalen Mills, Tavon Young, and DJ White to name a few. That isn't stating you cannot find edge corners early, of course you can, but as you get later, you are drafting height/weight/speed guys to develop.

Actually, you are more likely to find an edge corner. It is really easier to play outside than it is inside. You have the sideline to help with out routes and you can shade inside to make the receiver fight through you. When you are inside, you have both directions to sweat, have to read receivers better, have to have elite COD skills, and you have to be kind of physical because you can get caught easier in the run game. If you look, more edge corners are found later, like Ike Taylor, Keenan Lewis, Cortez Allen, Richard Sherman, Nolan Carroll, Perrish Cox, Davon House, Logan Ryan, Bashaud Breeland, Jalen Mills, Tavon Young, and DJ White to name a few. That isn't stating you cannot find edge corners early, of course you can, but as you get later, you are drafting height/weight/speed guys to develop.

I was referring to the slot position because I'm more worried there with Gay aging than outside with Burns and Cockrell

Why not edge in rd 1, corner like Moreau in rd 2, Cam Sutton at 3A? 3B can be for a TE.

Why not edge in rd 1, corner like Moreau in rd 2, Cam Sutton at 3A? 3B can be for a TE.

Because in the mock draft he posted, the corners are better football players than the edge guys. But, if the right edge is there, that is fine.

Thanks for the opinion on Henderson.

I have been looking at RB's today and what are your thoughts on Jeremy McNichols from Boise, Aaron Jones from UTEP, and Tarik Cohen from North Carolina A&T?

----

Obviously I don't like any of these guys early in the draft...

Coach you aren't representing yourself well in this thread. Maybe ease up and troll another thread.