• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2022 Midterms Thread

All we need now is Trump to run in 2024 and the Dems will be all set.

Atlanta has been very blue for a long time. I imagine it’s the suburbs who went for Kemp but couldn’t stomach Walker, but I haven’t looked that deeply into it.
Well as long as it stays within Atlanta. Places like california, here in new mexico. The blue started off within the cities and as the population grew and the newer generation grew up. It spread.

Out of all the southern states. GA seems to be the one that could flip in the next 4 years. Just hope we’re not a broken country by then

Could be. The so-called overflow D votes in deep blue cities don’t really help them. They can afford for a few million votes to move elsewhere.
It's exactly what happened in New Hampshire. The Boston and it's suburb residents left the income and sales tax of MA for the Granite State and brought along their liberal voting bias.

My theory is, this is by design.

Think about illegal immigration. Why does the left allow it to happen? Because 3 out of 4 of those illegals will vote Democrat.

Now think about state migration. I believe there is a strategy in place to get liberals to move to other states, knowing they will still vote blue. Who wants to live in Chicago, New York or Philly right now? Their governments thumb their noses at crime. Look at how Hochul mocked people for being concerned about rising crime. These governments LET it happen. Just like letting illegal immigration happen. So why?

They know they can lose a % of residents from these cities and still get the votes they need in the future. But if you can can get a bunch of New Yorkers to move to Florida, and more Californians to move to AZ, and more Chicagoans to move to TX, now you work on flipping them.

One party rule is the goal. I think this is a part of the strategy.
This is exactly what they are doing. They trickle slowly at the state level then move onward.

Californication

Lake within 11,900 votes in Az. State still has 34% of the votes to count.

How the ******* **** does this happen??

Oh, by design. Nothing else makes sense. Hmm, must be some reason to have such decrepitly slow vote counting in major voting areas. It's not a ******* essay test - run the goddamn ballots through a goddamn machine and get the results.

All we need now is Trump to run in 2024 and the Dems will be all set.

My fear is Trump will run. Trump and Desantis will tear each other to bits, and pave an easier path for the Dims.

Desantis currently has like a 65% approval rating. Unheard of. Let him ride with that.

Trump's merciless attacks will bring that number down. Trump will make Desantis an easier target.

Lake within 11,900 votes in Az. State still has 34% of the votes to count.

How the ******* **** does this happen??

Oh, by design. Nothing else makes sense. Hmm, must be some reason to have such decrepitly slow vote counting in major voting areas. It's not a ******* essay test - run the goddamn ballots through a goddamn machine and get the results.

Same playbook. Same script. 2020 all over again. Lake will lose by a razor thin margin. Maricopa ***** thumb their noses at the rest of us again. Moron Katie becomes the Gov without debating anyone.

My fear is Trump will run.

Trump pushed for Oz in Pa, Walker in Ga, Masters in Az. Not looking great.

Trump hates Kemp, he won by 10 points. Trump did not do much for Desantis, he won by 20 points. Republicans, please pay attention.

Well, one would think this would wake Republicans up, but it won't. They will continue the same tired strategy used for decades that has continued to lose them votes. Here lately they have seemed to double down on stupid with no real messaging or policies for the voters at large. They continue to ignore urban areas and young voters at their own peril. Pointing at the "Libs" and how terrible they are doing without countering their message with an actual message of their own - based on policies and listening to their constituents.

Florida seemed to resonate - I saw where Young Republicans in Miami-Dade were on the ground working hard to flip that area, and along with DeSantis strong performance and work for the state helped flip areas that had been strongly blue for many years. Will the party follow the example?

Georgia and Pennsylvania aren't shocking. Oz was a horrible pick - too much evidence out showing his stances not long ago on Trans issues (kids), guns, pandemic shut downs, masks, etc. Oh, and let's not forget his show with Juicy Smollette where he was all behind him (not literally) on his heinous attack from "MAGA Country". Walker is a total idiot with massive baggage - how can any conservative look at Walker and think, yep that's who should run, a brain damaged idiot that had baby mommas and kids he ignored along with the abortions that came up. If he had just owned that **** and talked about repentance and changing your ways - perhaps, but he denied, denied, denied. Idiot. That aside - he was just basically a yes vote for the rep establishment and wouldn't help with changing a goddamn thing. Warnock had tons of baggage himself - another candidate could have owned this **** over Warnock, it's basically a battle of who is the least ****** person - which is debatable.

Trump pushed for Oz in Pa, Walker in Ga, Masters in Az. Not looking great.

Trump hates Kemp, he won by 10 points. Trump did not do much for Desantis, he won by 20 points. Republicans, please pay attention.

Time for Trump to go back to his buisness or retire. I know he's pissed about the election. I would be too, still am. But he's got to step aside and let DeSantis(if he runs) take whomever the demoncrats run for president out.

Walker is a total idiot with massive baggage - how can any conservative look at Walker and think, yep that's who should run, a brain damaged idiot that had baby mommas and kids he ignored along with the abortions that came up.

Well, to be fair, this election proves that being brain damaged certainly does not disqualify a Senate candidate, or from WINNING a Senate seat.

another candidate could have owned this **** over Warnock, it's basically a battle of who is the least ****** person - which is debatable.

You would think so, but every major media source - every last one of them - is Pravda in support of the (D)'s.

Well, to be fair, this election proves that being brain damaged certainly does not disqualify a Senate candidate, or from WINNING a Senate seat.

You would think so, but every major media source - every last one of them - is Pravda in support of the (D)'s.

Pravda is exactly what they are. They're political truth for the easily misled. This country had so many gullible people.

The whole mail in **** needs to do away. That's part of the problem too.

I think the biggest issue with Oz, Walker and Masters is Trump. That and those are three states where Trump made the most noise that the election was stolen. I think people are just kind of getting tired of the circus he brings everywhere he goes.

There's a hardcore base that will always root for Trump, but I think that number is getting smaller. I think people have moved on from that stuff, even if it still pisses them off. Trump would help his party the most by moving on and going back to his business or whatever. But he won't do that. He'll run. He's already threatening Desantis. His own ego won't let him do what is best for the party and by extension the country, because it is all about him.

Good take by Tim Pool. This does look like it will ultimately be a republican victory. He makes good points on mistakes made

Trump was selfish as well. He is sitting on $125 million in funds and did not share much of it. Saving it all for himself, which makes it all about him and no one else. I voted for him twice, and still will if it ends up being him versus a dem (commie - same thing). However, I will be pushing hard for DeSantis to run and win. Lake as his VP would be a great team.

Yep….Trump doesnt help but McConnell and other GOP leadership helped with sinking the mid-terms
Quinn reported this morning that McConnell didn’t give any national Senate campaign money to Trump backed candidates and played a clip of him from the primary season saying “We need to elect the right kind of Republicans.”

What Desantist has done in Florida is the blueprint going forward. It has to be.

Losing PA has nothing to do with Trump. Just to many mothers that want to kill their babies.

Losing PA has nothing to do with Trump. Just to many mothers that want to kill their babies.
The Dims managed to keep the focus on abortion and away from the economy. Was a bigger deal in PA than I thought it would be.

I do think this asinine death of democracy thing worked as well. They have convinced young women that it will be handmaid’s tale if any repub wins so voting for a Dem who is functionally retarded (literally), is justified to avoid that apocalypse.

Here’s the real takeaway. When a Republican candidate does a good job of explaining their policies and how they are better than the Dems in real life, they win.

For Dems, the strategy is the opposite. They win when they do a good job of hiding their beliefs. Oz lost because he allowed to to be a choice between poor old workin man’s friend Feterman vs rich carpetbagger. If Oz framed every interaction as Fetterman‘s policies are more extreme than Biden’s and will make your life worse.

Republicans in general missed of addressing abortion. They constantly allowed ads unchallenged to say that under Republican rule there would be no exceptions ever for an abortion. That’s just a lie. Every red state with abortion bans already has exceptions for life of the mother, etc.

Desantis is great because he doesn’t allow the false premise to get going. He takes it head on immediately.

My theory is, this is by design.

Think about illegal immigration. Why does the left allow it to happen? Because 3 out of 4 of those illegals will vote Democrat.

Now think about state migration. I believe there is a strategy in place to get liberals to move to other states, knowing they will still vote blue. Who wants to live in Chicago, New York or Philly right now? Their governments thumb their noses at crime. Look at how Hochul mocked people for being concerned about rising crime. These governments LET it happen. Just like letting illegal immigration happen. So why?

They know they can lose a % of residents from these cities and still get the votes they need in the future. But if you can can get a bunch of New Yorkers to move to Florida, and more Californians to move to AZ, and more Chicagoans to move to TX, now you work on flipping them.

One party rule is the goal. I think this is a part of the strategy.
This is exactly what they are doing. They trickle slowly at the state level then move onward
Well, one would think this would wake Republicans up, but it won't. They will continue the same tired strategy used for decades that has continued to lose them votes. Here lately they have seemed to double down on stupid with no real messaging or policies for the voters at large. They continue to ignore urban areas and young voters at their own peril. Pointing at the "Libs" and how terrible they are doing without countering their message with an actual message of their own - based on policies and listening to their constituents.

Florida seemed to resonate - I saw where Young Republicans in Miami-Dade were on the ground working hard to flip that area, and along with DeSantis strong performance and work for the state helped flip areas that had been strongly blue for many years. Will the party follow the example?

Georgia and Pennsylvania aren't shocking. Oz was a horrible pick - too much evidence out showing his stances not long ago on Trans issues (kids), guns, pandemic shut downs, masks, etc. Oh, and let's not forget his show with Juicy Smollette where he was all behind him (not literally) on his heinous attack from "MAGA Country". Walker is a total idiot with massive baggage - how can any conservative look at Walker and think, yep that's who should run, a brain damaged idiot that had baby mommas and kids he ignored along with the abortions that came up. If he had just owned that **** and talked about repentance and changing your ways - perhaps, but he denied, denied, denied. Idiot. That aside - he was just basically a yes vote for the rep establishment and wouldn't help with changing a goddamn thing. Warnock had tons of baggage himself - another candidate could have owned this **** over Warnock, it's basically a battle of who is the least ****** person - which is debatable.
Walker is a horrible representative for Georgia. I cringed big time during debate

Ah, yes. Reminders of this guy.

The issue you Republican face is jackasses like Mitch McConnell are not going to support guys who aren’t going to play ball with him

I don't know how selecting majority/minority leaders works, but perhaps the R senators can boot old man mitch in favor of that other Sen. from KY, Rand Paul. You know, the guy who is for small govt., took on Fauci and his lies, etc. etc.

At least in TX, we said NO to now 3-time loser Beto... who I hope disappears from public life for the rest of eternity.

beto_loser.jpg