• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2022 Midterms Thread

More on Harris County. All of the Repbulican strongholds, mysteriously, the printers just run out of paper.

Yeah, that happens.

The sad part about 2022 v 2020. 2020 was more subtle. They are blatantly cheating in our faces now.

Shocking that the Rep turnout was so low. I would have figured it would be like 80%. I can only think of 2 reasons. One, they believed the polls and thought it was in the bag, or Two, they assumed Shapiro would win and turned their nose up at voting for Oz so they stayed home.

Next election, they need to run an ad that simply says - Only 62% of registered Republicans voted last time. That means 38% of you essentially voted for Fetterman. Let's do better this time.
As a suburban Philadelphia woman who knows a lot of suburban Philadelphia women, I can say that Mastriano was a big no go here and Oz certainly wasn't driving anyone to the polls. Trump is not popular here. Election denying is not popular here. They sure do love their abortions here.

As a suburban Philadelphia woman who knows a lot of suburban Philadelphia women, I can say that Mastriano was a big no go here and Oz certainly wasn't driving anyone to the polls. Trump is not popular here. Election denying is not popular here. They sure do love their abortions here.
Just heading out to have an abortion...Back in a few.

Be sure to pick up some bread and milk while you're out! Supposed to snow tomorrow.

Republicans dropped the ball by allowing the Dems to paint them as being extremists who want it to be like the hand maiden's tale. The reality is that the vast vast majority of women are closer in belief to the Republicans than Dems on abortion.

That's because most Reps are OK with early term abortions, usually around 15 weeks. Nearly every Dem is in favor and will vote for abortion up until birth. THAT is the extreme view and when that is explained to people, almost nobody supports abortions that late.

637693318bdfc637693318bdfd.jpg

So why can't we do this here? And secondarily, isn't this evidence that elections aren't perfect, and to question/deny results is normal?

As I detailed at length in several posts in late 2020 and early 2021, courts in the United States are extremely hesitant to become involved in elections due to separation of powers. That is why courts routinely side-step election changes on flimsy grounds such as lack of standing.

Admittedly if all my candidates won, I likely wouldn't be complaining, human nature, but the election was 11 days ago and there are still 5 counties that haven't reported 100% of their votes. A couple at 98% and 3 at 99%, and it's stayed this way for days. Hobbs won with a 0.6% margin, if it falls to 0.5% it triggers an automatic recount, and those last 5 counties total could do it. I can't even find the total number of ballots cast.

Having a Don Quixote moment and should probably just get another beer.

As someone who also lives here I have to disagree completely. Maybe it’s just who we interact with, but not one person I know or speak to at the gym, bar, restaurant, wife’s work…etc wanted “any” dims. Not one. Again maybe just our circles.

As someone who also lives here I have to disagree completely. Maybe it’s just who we interact with, but not one person I know or speak to at the gym, bar, restaurant, wife’s work…etc wanted “any” dims. Not one. Again maybe just our circles.
I was only talking about women I interact with here. And it’s by no means all, but many. I live in Chester County which was solidly red when we moved here 10 years ago but is now solidly blue at least in terms of national elections. Went for Romney over Obama but went for Fetterman over Oz pm by double digits. Went for Shapiro over Mastriano by almost 30
points.

I was only talking about women I interact with here. And it’s by no means all, but many. I live in Chester County which was solidly red when we moved here 10 years ago but is now solidly blue at least in terms of national elections. Went for Romney over Obama but went for Fetterman over Oz pm by double digits. Went for Shapiro over Mastriano by almost 30
points.
Fraudulent mail-in ballots. Just like 2020. Ray Charles can see that.

Fraudulent mail-in ballots. Just like 2020. Ray Charles can see that.
Numerous Republican-run audits in the state have turned up no evidence of this. I realize there is nothing that will change the minds of people who want to believe it though.

I can almost understand how Penn can vote a guy like Fetterman in. or Georgia can be torn between Dem and rep.

But how can a border state like AZ vote to keep the policies of the last few years the same? I just cant rap my head around it. if there was real cheating, I would 100% look in AZ.
I know alot of posts have said there was cheating, but why cant it be found to the point it can be stopped for the next time?

I can almost understand how Penn can vote a guy like Fetterman in. or Georgia can be torn between Dem and rep.

But how can a border state like AZ vote to keep the policies of the last few years the same? I just cant rap my head around it. if there was real cheating, I would 100% look in AZ.
I know alot of posts have said there was cheating, but why cant it be found to the point it can be stopped for the next time?
Who knows. I just feel like republicans and democrats are all friends when the cameras are off.

If these people truly cared. America wouldn’t have families struggling paycheck to paycheck. Our kids wouldn’t struggle and be behind in education, homeless citizens, vets, sanctuary cities, etc.

We have so much going on and people are just looking for hope and latching on to which bullshitter tells the loudest lies

Numerous Republican-run audits in the state have turned up no evidence of this. I realize there is nothing that will change the minds of people who want to believe it though.
It is extremely hard to prove after the fact. That is why it works. Prevention is the only real answer.

I don't know of anybody saying the ballots were not ... turned in. I am saying that a very large number of such ballots - in the thousands - are phony, culled mail-in ballots from people who did not actually cast the ballot because they haven't voted in 15 years, moved or are dead. (D)'s are masters at getting mass-mailing of ballots and harvesting them.

The audit simply confirms the number of votes, not the authenticity of votes. So I ask once again - if (D)'s are not harvesting ballots, why do they so virulently oppose removing the dead and the dormant from voting rolls?

Oh, and Arizona reported that 17,000 votes were put into "Drawer 3" because the voting machines did not work in the reddest part of Maricopa County.

Hobbs "won" the election by ... 17,142 votes.

You are kind of leaving out the part where in many places the servers were zeroed out and ballots were destroyed. You can’t audit records that no longer exist.

Tidbits gleaned from tonight's County GOP Committee meeting:

Statewide in PA, 65% of Democrats voted. 62% of Republicans voted. That right there is why we lost.
Fetterman got 500,000 less votes total in PA than Biden got in 2020.
Dr. Oz got 600,000 less votes total in PA than Trump got in 2020.
In the Oz v. Fetterman election, votes almost totally fell along party lines.
Republicans in Eastern PA are more Liberal than Democrats are in Western PA.
Suburban women, which are a HUGE voting bloc in SE PA, are pro-choice even if they're registered Republicans.
Oz and Mastriano didn't do enough to counter the anti-abortion ads from the Dims.
I wonder how much of the turn out issue was demoralization from MSM hit pieces and how much of it was from polling data predicting a Red Tsunami.

No evidence had been produced of any of these claims but if you guys want to keep going down the “elections are rigged” path be my guest. I hope you don’t because it’s a losing strategy. Trump told voters to vote on Election Day…meanwhile the Dems have weeks or months to get their votes in. We will not be able to compete unless we adapt a similar strategy. Do I like it? No. Is it likely to change? Nope.

AZ's AG refuses to certify the AZ election because of the voting day issues related to the machines.

AZ's AG refuses to certify the AZ election because of the voting day issues related to the machines.

I have little hope that this will change anything, and even less that the voting process in the state will be changed now that the Dims will be firmly in control.

No evidence had been produced of any of these claims but if you guys want to keep going down the “elections are rigged” path be my guest. I hope you don’t because it’s a losing strategy. Trump told voters to vote on Election Day…meanwhile the Dems have weeks or months to get their votes in. We will not be able to compete unless we adapt a similar strategy. Do I like it? No. Is it likely to change? Nope.
I agree with this. I am not no cheating occurred. I am saying if there is no prove, it will happen again. find the prove