• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2023 Season prediction thread

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Whelp here we go yet again…
Like every year my official prediction will be something like 16-1 or 15-2…

But lets just break it down a little more cynically

Based of off a amalgamation of several preseason power rankings and Vegas win predictions:

there are 3 games on the schedule we will be expected to be big underdogs in . The SF game and the two Bengals games.
Two of those are at home, and the Bengals are familiar division foes. Lets say we go 1-2 in those games.

There are six games against teams that will be slightly favored or just beneath us. The Two Browns game, The two Ravens games, the Jaguars and the Seachickens…
Lets say we split all the division games… then we win at home vs the Jags and lose on tge west coast to Seattle… thats 3-3

there are 3 games we should be good favorites in. Even as a team expected to be middle of the pack…. The three of those expected to be closer to the middle of the bottom rather than absolute basement dwellers are the Pats, the packers and the titans (who are right on the edge). All of those are home games. Lets say we go 2-1 there.

Then we have the crap on the bottom . The last 5 teams are all expected to be anywhere from bad to horrible. Now 4 of these 5 are on the road, and long road trips to the Rams and Raiders are not always easy, but we are talking bottom 6 or 7 teams including two unanimous picks for the worse two teams in the league… the Cards and the Texans.. throw in a road game in indy with a team caught between an aging out team and a rebuild… and there is no reason we shouldn’t go 4-1 vs these teams

Thats 10-7. Thats a pretty good floor for expectations this year… we cant expect 17-0 every year lol

14-3. They’ll lay a couple of stinkers

I can see us going 11-6 but 10-7 is probably more realistic. I think our schedule will end up being tougher than most think right now. We will make the playoffs at 10-7. The biggest concern is still Canaduh. Does he let Pickett play? Does he gameplan for the first time? Can he make in-game adjustments? Do we even have a hurry-up offense installed to start the season. Etc, etc, etc......

13 and 4. Kenny throws for 24 TDs and 6 INTs. Steelers win two playoff games.

Well 17-0 regular season.
3-0 playoffs
Perfection!
All other NFL fanbases completely melt the **** down. The Steelers set all time superbowl merchandise sales record.

That's my vision or maybe it's the peyote.

Let's Go!

Real prediction 12-5 2-1 playoffs losing in the AFCC.
Absurdist prediction 5-5-7 Best defense ever carries us to 12 shutouts but due to Canada we can only win 5 of them.

1Sept. 10vs. 49ers1:00 PMWin
2Sept. 18vs. Browns (Mon.)8:15 PMWin
3Sept. 24@ Raiders8:20 PMloss
4Oct. 1@ Texans1:00 PMWin
5Oct. 8vs. Ravens1:00 PMWin
6BYE
7Oct. 22@ Rams4:05 PMWin
8Oct. 29vs. Jaguars1:00 PMWin
9Nov. 2vs. Titans (Thurs.)8:15 PMLoss
10Nov. 12vs. Packers1:00 PMWin
11Nov. 19@ Browns1:00 PMLoss
12Nov. 26@ Bengals1:00 PMLoss
13Dec. 3vs. Cardinals1:00 PMWin
14Dec. 7vs. Patriots (Thurs.)8:15 PMLoss
15TBD@ ColtsTBDWin
16Dec. 23vs. Bengals (Sat.)4:30 PMWin
17Dec. 31@ Seahawks4:05 PMLoss
18TBD@ RavensTBDLoss

17-0 and lose the first round playoff to the Browns 48-24. Never a losing season, greatest coach ever.
I keed, I keed.
Okay, seriously…..
Team is much better on paper this year and Pickett has a year of experience.
Canaduh is still a weak link.
10-7 and Shades’ usual first round playoff exit.

The more I think about the schedule it really does feel like a 7-2 start and a 3-5 end to the season fits perfectly with what we typically do these days… last year we started slowly then crushed down the stretch so we flip the script this year

1Sept. 10vs. 49ers1:00 PMWin
2Sept. 18vs. Browns (Mon.)8:15 PMWin
3Sept. 24@ Raiders8:20 PMloss
4Oct. 1@ Texans1:00 PMWin
5Oct. 8vs. Ravens1:00 PMWin
6BYE
7Oct. 22@ Rams4:05 PMWin
8Oct. 29vs. Jaguars1:00 PMWin
9Nov. 2vs. Titans (Thurs.)8:15 PMLoss
10Nov. 12vs. Packers1:00 PMWin
11Nov. 19@ Browns1:00 PMLoss
12Nov. 26@ Bengals1:00 PMLoss
13Dec. 3vs. Cardinals1:00 PMWin
14Dec. 7vs. Patriots (Thurs.)8:15 PMLoss
15TBD@ ColtsTBDWin
16Dec. 23vs. Bengals (Sat.)4:30 PMWin
17Dec. 31@ Seahawks4:05 PMLoss
18TBD@ RavensTBDLoss
no way do we lose to the pats at home. This is where KP starts the tradition of making the pats his *****...

Whelp here we go yet again…
Like every year my official prediction will be something like 16-1 or 15-2…

But lets just break it down a little more cynically

Based of off a amalgamation of several preseason power rankings and Vegas win predictions:

there are 3 games on the schedule we will be expected to be big underdogs in . The SF game and the two Bengals games.
Two of those are at home, and the Bengals are familiar division foes. Lets say we go 1-2 in those games.

There are six games against teams that will be slightly favored or just beneath us. The Two Browns game, The two Ravens games, the Jaguars and the Seachickens…
Lets say we split all the division games… then we win at home vs the Jags and lose on tge west coast to Seattle… thats 3-3

there are 3 games we should be good favorites in. Even as a team expected to be middle of the pack…. The three of those expected to be closer to the middle of the bottom rather than absolute basement dwellers are the Pats, the packers and the titans (who are right on the edge). All of those are home games. Lets say we go 2-1 there.

Then we have the crap on the bottom . The last 5 teams are all expected to be anywhere from bad to horrible. Now 4 of these 5 are on the road, and long road trips to the Rams and Raiders are not always easy, but we are talking bottom 6 or 7 teams including two unanimous picks for the worse two teams in the league… the Cards and the Texans.. throw in a road game in indy with a team caught between an aging out team and a rebuild… and there is no reason we shouldn’t go 4-1 vs these teams

Thats 10-7. Thats a pretty good floor for expectations this year… we cant expect 17-0 every year lol

**** that, I EXPECT 17-0 just these last three years or so……….

Before that::::::::::::::::: 16-0

Salute the nation

I expect a couple of tough divisional losses. And one uninspired game. But I expect this team to be fun to watch this season