• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

A CNN analyst called out a Fox News contributor for his ‘white privilege.’ He’s black

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
A CNN analyst called out a Fox News contributor for his ‘white privilege.’ He’s black.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts...s-black/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.00821ad078e7

CNN legal analyst Areva Martin thought she was talking to a white man Tuesday while appearing as a guest on David Webb’s SiriusXM radio show.

When Webb, a Fox Nation host and frequent Fox News contributor, said he considered his qualifications more important than his skin color when applying to media jobs, Martin accused him of exercising white privilege.

But there was a problem with that, as Webb quickly pointed out:

“Areva, I hate to break it to you, but you should’ve been better prepped,” he responded. “I’m black.”

The exchange was posted to Twitter by Webb on Tuesday afternoon. He’s heard in the interview saying, “I’ve chosen to cross different parts of the media world, done the work so that I’m qualified to be in each one; I never considered my color the issue; I considered my qualifications the issue.”

Martin responds: “Well, David, that’s a whole other long conversation about white privilege, the things that you have the privilege of doing, that people of color don’t have the privilege of.”

“How do I have the privilege of white privilege?” Webb asks.

“David, by virtue of being a white male you have white privilege. This whole long conversation, I don’t have time to get into — ”

Webb then interrupts her to let her know he’s a black man, causing Martin to take a pause.

“You see, you went to white privilege; this is the falsehood in this,” Webb replies. “You went immediately with an assumption. Your people, obviously, or you didn’t look.

Martin apologizes repeatedly for her false accusation, adding that “her people” gave her the wrong information.

“You’re talking to a black man . . . who started out in rock radio in Boston, who crossed the paths into hip-hop, rebuilding one of the greatest black stations in America and went on to work at Fox News where I’m told apparently blacks aren’t supposed to work, but yet, you come with this assumption, and you go to white privilege,” Webb says. “That’s actually insulting.”

Martin has not publicly acknowledged the incident. A spokeswoman for Martin declined to comment.

After the interview, Webb made light of Martin’s gaffe by posting photos of himself with white men, writing on Twitter: “Just two guys showing their #WhitePrivelege.”

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Just two guys showing their <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/WhitePrivelege?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#WhitePrivelege</a> on ⁦<a href="https://twitter.com/SiriusXMPatriot?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@SiriusXMPatriot</a>⁩ <a href="https://t.co/YjOi9NOUWE">pic.twitter.com/YjOi9NOUWE</a></p>— David Webb (@davidwebbshow) <a href="https://twitter.com/davidwebbshow/status/1085221514528636929?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 15, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The exchange became a popular topic on Fox News, where Tucker Carlson discussed it Tuesday night, shortly before Webb appeared on“The Ingraham Angle.” The following morning, he was back on Fox to discuss the incident with “Fox and Friends,” telling the hosts that white privilege is a “false narrative.”

“There is no such thing as white privilege,” Webb said. “There’s earned privilege in life, that you work for. There are those who may have a form of privilege that they exert . . . in the form of influence.”

If a conservative analyst had made the same mistake as Martin, there would be calls for that person to be fired, Webb said.

He said he has invited Martin back to his show to “have a longer conversation about white privilege.”

“Our skin’s an organ — it doesn’t think or formulate ideas, it just says: this is a result of your parentage,” he said.

“She got caught,” he said of Martin, but added: “I have no reason to diss her.”

In addition to his roles with SiriusXM and Fox Nation, Webb is a contributor to Fox News, the Hill and Breitbart News, according to his website.

He’s seen below discussing how the media covers Trump, where he asserted numerous outlets were trying to distract people from the “work” the president was doing.

The lefty loons will give him the Ben Carson treatment now.

We have several Leftards here who act this way. In fact, one screeching Sponge Bob chicken person here just accused the lot of us for not caring about other human beings because they are minorities.

Rule #1 in the Lefty play book: Call everyone who disagrees with you racist
Rule #2: Repeat rule #1 each time your opponent speaks

And the term "white privilege" is just a sneaky way of calling someone racist because they don't feel guilty enough to be liberal.

Just like the catholic church, the left is turning into a cult of guilt. And when there is so much guilt you can't come forward to say "this is wrong" or "something isn't right" or even "I don't agree", stuff like Priest abuse can happen for decades (if not centuries) and no one says anything. That's the PERFECT example of the way this country is headed if we follow down the path of political correctness and group think mentality. It just leads to HUGE abuses of power with no one willing to step up and stop it for fear the "masses" will destroy you for saying something, anything, against main stream thought.

The way liberalism is happening has nothing to do to me about USSR communism, or Nazi Germany (the court system I have faith will prevent much of that). This is something new and the closest thing I can compare it to is Catholicism. Huge amounts of power hidden in plain sight behind the veil of "Christ's teachings" and "Goodness" only to be corrupt and power-hungry and wealthy beyond comprehension and all the lemmings just march along and follow the dotted line. If that somehow happens on a NATIONAL level and POLITICAL platform, it would be awful.

To be honest, I was surprised that David Webb was black when I saw him on the Five one night.
I wonder how that ******** woman feels now. White privilege bullshit bit her on the ***.

To be honest, I was surprised that David Webb was black when I saw him on the Five one night.
I wonder how that ******** woman feels now. White privilege bullshit bit her on the boo-tay.

fixed...

And the term "white privilege" is just a sneaky way of calling someone racist because they don't feel guilty enough to be liberal.

Speaking of guilt and just a little aside, I refrain from posting on social media but I do follow a few people on Twitter because I like their thoughts and Ben Shapiro is one of them. Anyways, he had a Birthday apparently and he made it a point to thank all the liberals that DM'd him a Happy Birthday but wouldn't do it publicly because their groupthink comrades would devour them. How sad is that and what does that tell you?

That is priceless. I love it when these Progressive ******** out themselves on TV.

It is cultural appropriation if whites use any phrase that evolved in the black community. We're not allowed to use the word "boo-tay" or speak any Ebonics phrase. That would be racist.

Perfect peek into the liberal mind. All black people should think a certain way.

Everyone knows you can't be black AND Conservative. Some things are just not done.

They will reset then start calling him an Uncle Tom and s sellout.

This was so satisfying watching her shoot herself in the foot. Asumptions and all.