• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

A friend of mine visited China. Here's what he had to say

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Getting into China was not easy. Going through immigration we needed a passport and visa. We were finger printed, our eyes were scanned and our temperature was taken to make sure we were not sick. Much of the population is employed by the government. All men have to retire at 60 and women at 50 to give jobs to the younger generation. When retired all get government paid pension. The health care system needs work. It’s free but often long lines for basic medical care.

While we visited Tenement Square we were warned by our guides not to speak of Taiwan or Tibet. In the Square like most parts of China there are cameras all over but because it is such a sensitive area they had listening devices that can hear what you are saying from long distances.

Their children go to school from 8:00 in the morning and often until 10 at night with a few breaks in-between. Many speak multiple languages. Much of what they will do as far as a future job depends on a single test at the end of high school so the parents drive their kids hard.

they are not talking about how Sean Davis sucks? Strange

I actually gave this post some merit until "Tenement Square," then I stopped. Yeah, all the poor folks live there.

I actually gave this post some merit until "Tenement Square," then I stopped. Yeah, all the poor folks live there.

The people are like controlled pet's. They aren't allowed to travel from state to state. Government has a strong hand in ALL business, and they are being watched at all times. The Chinese Americans I have meet with all say they like it much better in the USA.

My main issue is with a retina scan and fingerprints. This can be a security issue to gain access, depending on a person job.

Interestingly, I'm told you'll never see dogs or cats around the outdoor market areas. Or so says my brother who travels there twice yearly.

Interestingly, I'm told you'll never see dogs or cats around the outdoor market areas. Or so says my brother who travels there twice yearly.

Most can't afford to feed a pet.

According to*CNN’s online global wage calculator, which uses data from the International Labor Organization, the average annual salary of a worker in China’s private sector was*28,752 yuan (about $4,755) in USA DOLLARS in 2012, or 38% of the global average. That’s roughly the same as a cleaner in Thailand, according to CNN’s data

https://qz.com/170363/the-average-c...arns-about-the-same-as-a-cleaner-in-thailand/