• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

A Media Retrospective: Why Hillary and the MSM Lost this race

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Being fascinated with this election because as I said from the start I was disturbed about the lack of "fairness" I ended up watching SO much coverage.

Enjoy, in retrospect, these moments if you like that demonstrate how the media was outsmarted in their vain attempts to paint Trump as a simplistic one-dimensional villain while his people calmly stayed on point.

I start with this wonderful example from Oct 12. Kellyanne Conway goes toe to toe with Brianna Keilar, a CNN anchor who is absolutely determined to push an agenda of Trump sexism. Conway is put into a very difficult position as a woman where she is challenged to somehow defend Trump's "backstage pageant access" talks on the Howard Stern show. Conway is obviously uncomfortable with the entire topic but she handles it amazingly well and ultimately turns the entire script by challenging Keilar to comment first on similar accusations from the Clinton camp and then by truly slamming the hammer-fist by pointing out that the CNN anchor is not interested in discussing topics important to voters as evidenced by CNN's own polls, but rather wants to fixate on easily exploitable Trump weaknesses. By staying on point and flipping the script, Conway takes what ought to be a HUGE Trump gaffe and turns it into a another opportunity to demonstrate Obama and Clinton weaknesses.

What the media refuses to say

#WhiteJobsMatter

Blacks and college kids (who voted for Obama) weren't inclined to vote for an old white *****. Especially black men.

I said before the nominations that voting for a white grandma was no way near as "cool" as voting for the young black guy.

Kellyanne is as classy as a person can be. Trump shows enormous amounts of intelligence by hiring the likes of her as the manager of his campaign. Might be one of the very top reasons he was able to pull this off.

Love her but she could use a cheeseburger.

This is why the media STILL doesn't get it.

It's not "what went wrong".

It's because the hatred of libs blinded them to WHY people were voting for Trump, that's why your polls were so wrong...you only listened to yourselves.

Amazing how she kept her cool and didn't tell cnn to go **** themselves. the media bias is ******* ridiculous. I have actually lost a couple friends, and now have a brother I will probably never talk to again because of this election, and it's all because of the mentality of the left that we didn't get our way so I will pitch a fit and tell you to **** off, these are the same people that call US divisive????

I posted something on facebook about "wanting your president to fail because you don't like him, makes about as much sense as wanting the airplane you're on to crash because the person next to you is annoying".

I got ******* hammered by libtards over this. I can't believe anyone would want any president to fail just because you didn't win.

Reactions: MTC
They lost because farmers and miners and factory workers were losing their jobs while the President was on The Tonight Show and Kimmel and hanging with rappers after golfing every day and didn't want more of the same. I actually thought the whole Jay-Z and Beyoncé thing was a horrible display to show right before the election.

Thanks for posting, Deljzc!
That is the first, and probably last, post-election article I've read that has any hint of common sense to it.
I think we as the citizens should demand more of our press, be it print or video, to draw a distinctive line between factual unbiased news reporting and editorial/entertainment/opinion news.
Of course, the media is controlled by the government.......our elected officials.......who are all corrupted by lobbyists.....who use their jobs to keep their jobs rather than do what they were elected to do.
Sooooooooooo, not holding my breath.

I just heard another blurb that I thought was very relevant, written in a blog/article by a Selena Zito a western Pennsylvania journalist.

"When he makes (outlandish) claims, the press takes him literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally."

The media was so concerned with HOW Trump stated his positions. The exaggeration, non-PC, uncouthness of them that they failed to understand the importance of his positions in the first place.

He's now the President and the media will concentrate on whether the wall gets built or not and how many "gotcha moments" they can disparage and embarrass Trump's accomplishments now vs. what he said on the campaign trail.

But I know border security is going to be improved under Trump.
I know Muslim immigration (especially of young men) will not just be given a free pass as "just like any other immigrant"
I know trade deals will get re-looked at for whom they really benefit and if they are working.
I know he will push for tax code changes.

I KNOW these things. And I could give a **** if he brought these issues up using politically incorrect language and pissed a few whiny ******* off along the way.

In this example, Megyn Kelly is speaking with Newt Gingrich on Oct 25th. She makes the mistake of dropping the term "Sexual Predator" in reference to Trump after Gingrich calls the 3 major networks on the fact that they spent more than 24X the TV time Trumps history of alleged sexist treatment of women up to and including harassment and even rape vs any coverage of Clinton scandals.

Gingrich asks Kelly whether she will even utter on air the combination of Bill Clinton and "Sexual Predator" and she refuses to link the two. In fact she makes numerous attempts to steer any conversation regarding sexist charges back toward the Trump campaign. Ultimately, what is demonstrated is precisely what Gingrich is attempting to prove, that a bias exists and that the media ONLY wants to focus on painting Trump in a very particular light.

Ironically, had the media done their jobs and hammered early on Trump's weakness politically and his inexperience politically he very likely would not have been able to defend himself. But given the fact that they focused on completely tangential issues, Trump had time to work on core issues, while his people were able to continually deflect and re-focus undecided voters on the fact that the media was in fact ridiculously biased. Meanwhile, Trump was quietly amassing a modicum of knowledge about his political competencies so he could speak intelligently about the issues and provide people with some assurance that he could provide leadership in the areas they were truly looking for governance.

Amazing how she kept her cool and didn't tell cnn to go **** themselves. the media bias is ******* ridiculous. I have actually lost a couple friends, and now have a brother I will probably never talk to again because of this election, and it's all because of the mentality of the left that we didn't get our way so I will pitch a fit and tell you to **** off, these are the same people that call US divisive????

I posted something on facebook about "wanting your president to fail because you don't like him, makes about as much sense as wanting the airplane you're on to crash because the person next to you is annoying".

I got ******* hammered by libtards over this. I can't believe anyone would want any president to fail just because you didn't win.

my precious snowflake millenial brother is blaming white people.
I haven't the desire to point out his skin color.

The MSM is one of the biggest losers as a result of their obvious intrusion into the political process. They are an insidious bunch.I will have trouble believing anything they report from here on out.

my precious snowflake millenial brother is blaming white people.
I haven't the desire to point out his skin color.

Would you like me to point it out? I love pissing Hillary supporters off, just ask my daughter....

Deep down they know it's their fault because they were too lazy to vote

snowflakes.jpg

The MSM is one of the biggest losers as a result of their obvious intrusion into the political process. They are an insidious bunch.I will have trouble believing anything they report from here on out.

I hope the vast majority of Americans will feel the same way. They deserve every bit of hate they get. Disingenuous, deceitful and bloated with arrogance.

They STILL don't get it. They still refuse to even listen to anyone that doesn't conform to their group-think mentality and are appalled that anyone could possibly disagree or think outside the box.

I mean listen to this interview AFTER the election. They are still pounding away at what Trump said 6 months ago.

Again... this all goes back to my point. The media wants to take Trump LITERALLY and not seriously consider his concerns while there is a vast swath of people that listened to Trump and did NOT take him literally but seriously agreed with his concerns.

The media still can't resolve that difference.....

No interest in the media's myopic self-serving theories. Will be happily watching their reactions to Trump's moves, though.

Some pundit from England. F-bomb alert but this is funny as hell.

This is actually quite humorous, but also frighteningly spot on about the more "militant" left.