• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Act of Terrorism in Orlando

not sure if you are being serious or not, but...

Some rifles may be bolt action where you have to manually pull the bolt back to eject the used cartridge and get a new cartridge into the chamber. I think the magazine that holds the rounds for these hold up to 10 cartridges depending upon the caliber.

Some rifles are lever action, i.e. the Riflemen with Chuck Conners, where the lever works the same as the bolt-action. The 30-30 lever action is responsible for a ton of deer killed over the years. Typically shorter for brush hunting.

Semi-automatic, each time the trigger is pulled, the gun is activated (usually by gas or piston) to eject the spent cartridge and load another from the magazine. These magazines are generally sold with the gun for 30 rounds (except some places), but you can buy 100 round drums which would seem to be pretty ******* heavy to carry and aim. In any event, pull the trigger once and it shoots and reloads for you.

The Evil AR-15 does nothing more than the above and the bullet isn't all that big at a .223 caliber (or 5.56mm NATO). not all shoot both. pretty good speed so you wouldn't want to get hit by one.... There are normal looking rifles that shoot .223 caliber that operate exactly the same way. I've read they are pretty good for prairie dogs in the SW.

A lot of bigger game hunters will use a 30-06 or .308 (or .273?). Bigger guns which are also semi-auto but don't look as scary. You can buy a gun that shoots .308 and looks just like an AR-15 (AR-10?)

An AK-47 works exactly the same as an AR-15, but shoots bigger bullets. (.308 caliber or 7.62mm NATO), although not all shoot both.

For shotguns, you might have a single shot, double barrel, pump action or semi-automatic.

Racist.

Any ******* that is on the FBI terrorist list should be banned for life from owning a gun...zero tolerance.

NARRATIVE FAIL: Orlando Islamic Terrorist Did NOT Use An AR-15

The anti-gun politimedia wasted no time at all demonizing the most common rifle in the United States as being the real villain of the Islamic terrorist attack on Pulse nightclub in Orlando.

Newsweek screamed, “ORLANDO SHOOTING PUTS SPOTLIGHT ON AR-15 RIFLE.”

Judd Legume of Think Progress squeaked, “The NRA’s Love Affair With The AR-15, Weapon Of Choice For Mass Murderers, In 22 Tweets.”

Always wrong Christopher Ingraham of the Washington Post whined, “The gun used in the Orlando shooting is becoming mass shooters’ weapon of choice.”

Here’s the thing.

The rifle used by the Islamist terrorist in Orlando was not an AR-15.

The rifle used by the Islamist terrorist in Orlando was instead a Sig Sauer MCX carbine, a modular, multi-caliber (able to swap to different calibers, including 5.56 NATO, 300 BLK, and 7.62×39) rifle system that sometimes utilizes STANAG magazines common to more than 60 different firearms, but otherwise has no major parts that interface with AR-15s in any way, shape or form.

This of course, will make no difference at all to the anti-gun politimedia, who don’t particularly care about factual accuracy and who likely wouldn’t be able to tell an AR-15 from a toaster oven if their lives depended on it.

http://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2016/06/13/narrative-fail-orlando-islamic-terrorist-use-ar-15/

Yes, serious. Thanks for clarifying. Could a revolver hand gun be considered semi-auto? Seems like all you would do is pull the trigger and boom! Pull again and again until all the ammo is spent. Although it is only 5 to 7 rounds.

Usually handguns are either Revolver or Semi-auto. Some small derringers may be single shot, but I don't think there are many.

To make it more difficult, the handgun can be double action or single action.

http://concealednation.org/2015/02/...ction-dasa-or-dao-which-one-is-right-for-you/

Oh, another thing about semi-auto's versus revolvers. A revolver has a number of rounds that can be loaded at one time. You can't go higher.

Depending on the magazine and caliber the semi-auto may hold as few as 6-8 rounds or as high as 15-17 rounds for the magazines sold with the gun. However, you can buy 9mm (I assume other calibers, too) drum magazines that hold significantly more rounds.

Profiling Muslims in VERBOTEN under Obama's regime...

It’s not even profiling. It’s following up on leads from concerned citizens regarding suspicious behavior...."Trashcan that report Bill, Obama says he's OK"

Disney World alerted FBI to Omar Mateen and wife in April, law enforcement says

According to law enforcement officials, Walt Disney World had reportedly warned federal authorities about the man responsible for Sunday’s Orlando shooting massacre.

Disney alerted the FBI that Omar Mateen and his wife Noor Salman may have been casing the location in April.

According to WFTV:

“Authorities said Omar Mateen had five Facebook accounts, and was the target of law enforcement and the FBI searches. Law enforcement said in May, Omar Mateen conducted online searches of the San Bernadino shooters, Syed Farook and Tashfeen Malik. Authorities said from June 12 to the day of the shooting, Omar Mateen conducted an online search of Pulse.”

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2016/06...and-wife-in-april-law-enforcement-says-352546

---------------------

Waterboard her now

Last edited:
Time to lock that ***** up before she goes back

Sieg Heil! The left is in full goose step mode

Conan O’Brien: No One Should Be ‘Allowed’ To Own A Semiautomatic Rifle

Host Conan O’Brien referenced the Orlando terror attack and said no one should be able to own “a semiautomatic rifle.”

He described semiautomatic rifles as “weapons of war” that “have no place in civilian life.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollyw...ian-mum-islam-calls-ban-semiautomatic-rifles/

-----------------------------

411549551.jpg

mailedD70.jpg

Hysteria ensues

Last edited:
Trump said he would go after the families of terrorists. Should we go after Mateen's family - specifically his little boy? I mean talk about an effective deterrent against future attacks...

OK, a few things.

As far as the .223 rounds, the actual bullet is small, the same size as a .22, which is considered a pop gun any very hard to kill someone unless you are putting round in someone's head at close range.

HOWEVER, an AR-15 round has a lot of gun powder, as opposed to a .22 which does not. The net effect is a super high velocity round, that tumbles once it hits a body, making that small round do tons of damage. That small round shot at a super high velocity actually does more damage than a larger bullet. The .223 round tumbles and bounces all around in the body, making it an effective killing machine.

This is so inaccurate, that I don't know where to start. A .22 and a .223 are absolutely nothing alike. Not even close. It is far more than a difference of powder and velocity.

22_vs_223_caliber_bullet.jpg22_penny_223-tfb.jpg

I will agree that you are correct on the tumbling and damage stuff, but a 22 and 223 are not similar in any manner. As far as the whole "A lot of powder" thing, you are wrong again. The velocity comes from the grain (weight) of the bullet. For example, a 55 grain ball travels at a higher velocity than a 70 grain bullet.

Trump said he would go after the families of terrorists. Should we go after Mateen's family - specifically his little boy? I mean talk about an effective deterrent against future attacks...
Don't be absurd. Of course we shouldn't react too harshly to terrorism. I think the first step is to turn in all our guns to be crushed and from there I guess we go about our lives like nothing is wrong and just hope the terror just comes to a halt as we wait our turn to be killed. It's the most civil thing to do.

We better be so far up his father's *** that he can't say Allah without choking.

I was going to reply similarly, but I might as well talk to the tree out back. POP is just spouting off what he reads and hears from guys like Glen Greenwald. It sounds cool. I am not denying that over the years we have done some dubious things. We have. But to blame those things for the creation of ISIS is just ridiculous. These are people who just want to run around and kill and bully other people and take over the world. They will find any justification, but at it's core that is what it is. What makes it worse is the religious element.

When someone from one of the Liberals' protected classes kills people in another of the Liberals' protected classes, they have to blame something else.

Oh, and Canadians aren't safe either..

A second Canadian man is beheaded by Islamist militants in the Philippines

A severed head was left Monday on a street in the southern Philippines, authorities said, five hours after a ransom deadline set by Islamist militants holding Western hostages and others. Canada’s prime minister identified the victim as a 68-year-old Canadian.

The beheading underscored fears of widening violence by Islamist guerrillas, known as the Abu Sayyaf group, as it forges possible allegiances with the Islamic State.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...d94a60-0b14-11e6-bfa1-4efa856caf2a_story.html

Those damn Canucks and their GITMO prison camp caused this.

we have no problem with other children growing up without their parents.
why should we be so warm to the offspring of a terrorist?

granted, that is harsh, but if a goat ******* jackass cares about his family and **** trophies, he may think twice about letting unknown infidels raise them.

or just kill them, since that is what ISIS is indiscriminately doing to every man, woman and child they come across over in that sandbox. well, after raping the women and children.

So he's a crazy, wife beating homophobe who likes a little ghey on the side. How is that inconsistent with a radical islamic terrorist?

He didn't **** any goats, did he? DID HE? No video, no evidence. If he's not a goat raper he's not a terrorist. /POP