• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Act of Terrorism in Orlando

Ron, that's just a bunch of noise. We all know the problem is not enough gun laws.

13406805_1191622284190543_4460989053900091634_n.jpg

It's funny how Islam prohibits homosexuality, but over in the 'Stans, there is (what the military calls) MAN LOVE THURSDAY....where men go out and **** other men (or boys) literally on the street and have their fun. Every Thursday, every week.

Islam is the product of a 7th century, Arab mad man. This is the result.
The fact that people in the 21st century are still buying it indicates how little we have evolved as a species.

Islam is the product of a 7th century, Arab mad man. This is the result.
The fact that people in the 21st century are still buying it indicates how little we have evolved as a species.

That and a whole load of people think the man wearing the really funny hat get's his directions from God himself. How "evolved" is that?

Ron, if I accept this as fact, then it supports POP's assertion that this was a false flag operation? It goes beyond dumbassery.

Not really, false flag implies that the government planned it. I think the current government is simply run by Muslim sympathizers who refuse to acknowledge that religion's problems. Remember, Liberals will ALWAYS side with 1) whoever is against America, 2) whoever the non-Christian non-Jewish side is, and 3) whoever the darker-skinned people are.

That and a whole load of people think the man wearing the really funny hat get's his directions from God himself. How "evolved" is that?
I am not a big defender of the Pontiff. You can sniff elsewhere.

But if you are attempting to make a moral equivalency argument, you are late to the party, and the party is for dumbasses.

Not really, false flag implies that the government planned it. I think the current government is simply run by Muslim sympathizers who refuse to acknowledge that religion's problems. Remember, Liberals will ALWAYS side with 1) whoever is against America, 2) whoever the non-Christian non-Jewish side is, and 3) whoever the darker-skinned people are.

Thanks for clearing that up. My apologies for the POP comparison.
I agree. There are copious amounts of evidence to support that claim.

I am not a big defender of the Pontiff. You can sniff elsewhere.

But if you are attempting to make a moral equivalency argument, you are late to the party, and the party is for dumbasses.

This coming from the guy still living in Western PA

Except for the Christian Crusades, that is.

Ancient history and not remotely relevant. Straight out of the Libtard playbook.

Ancient history and not remotely relevant. Straight out of the Libtard playbook.

Christians murdered those who did not worship Christ. Not different. Same. Also, still going on today. Most of our US troops murdering Muslims in the Middle East are Christians....murdering non-Christians.

This coming from the guy still living in Western PA

I know. It sucks to live here. Spread the word.
The roads are getting more congested because firms like Google, Disney, and Facebook are moving here.. Real estate values are going through the roof in my neighborhood....I hate it. My 9 yo will get college credits out the kazoo in high school...that sucks. I live near a city that has all of the big city amenities but not the problems.........and is perenially voted one of the best places to live.

Please do not move here. it sucks.

Except for the Christian Crusades, that is.

Yes, the Crusades that happened in the 10-1300's. Catholics have evolved since then. Some other religions, not so much.

I just watched Spotlight Saturday night, I can't really argue superiority of Catholicism over Islam.

There were a small percentage of Catholic priests who were pedophiles, there are millions of Muslims who believe in the death penalty for women who are raped, child marriage, wife beating, slaughtering people who don't adhere to their religion, violent rabid anti-semitism, etc. etc. I have no problem arguing the superiority. Although we were talking about evolution, not superiority

There is one basic fact on gun deaths. Gun deaths in a society are proportional to the per capita number of guns in that society.
The only gun laws that impact the number of gun deaths are laws that reduce the per capita number of guns.

Gun laws can't eliminate gun violence, but can only reduce the number of gun deaths.

80 plus people die of a gun death per day in the United States. This has been going on for decades. The Orlando shooting was just
60% of that days quota. It really shouldn't be that newsworthy, but we seem to take more interest when they come in bunches, rather
than one at a time, like most of them.

I actually agree with some of this.

It is about per capita guns. And about how guns trickle down in the environment to become "illegal guns". The issue about gun control is never about Mr. Responsible licensed gun owner. They are just caught in the crossfire of how politicians try to tackle illegal guns in this country and their prevalence in high-population areas and high involvement in (primarily) black on black crime.

I am all for the 2nd amendment. I am all for gun ownership. But I think the NRA has hoodwinked the legal gun owning public. To me, the NRA has sold you a 2nd amendment fight while in reality what they were fighting was the right to sell and "get into circulation" as many firearms as possible on the behalf of the firearm industry. The firearm industry LOVES violence. The love 300 million firearms on the streets. The love that it's so easy for those guns to trickle down and become "illegal" and they love criminals that use guns because that allows them to sell the notion of "be armed for your safety" and sell more guns in perpetuem...

I love how right wingers (some on here) are so conspiracy theorists yet they can't possibly fathom the NRA doesn't have their best interests at heart? That they are emboldened to the gun industry over the public just a little bit? That defies logic.

When legal gun owners can stop spouting the NRA line on EVERYTHING, I will start listening. Because I don't trust the NRA just as much as I don't trust Hillary Clinton and her anti-2nd amendment crusade either.

This country needs to do a MUCH better job of getting illegal guns out of the system. I don't know if registration helps. I don't know if coming down hard on illegal sellers and gun shows and loopholes in the background checks help. I don't know if increased penalties and sentences help. I don't know if buybacks help.

But reducing the number of illegal guns needs to be a fight BOTH sides can agree on and work together. I'm just not sure (in fact I'm pretty sure not) that the NRA and their lobby want to do that at all.

I actually agree with some of this.

It is about per capita guns. And about how guns trickle down in the environment to become "illegal guns". The issue about gun control is never about Mr. Responsible licensed gun owner. They are just caught in the crossfire of how politicians try to tackle illegal guns in this country and their prevalence in high-population areas and high involvement in (primarily) black on black crime.

I am all for the 2nd amendment. I am all for gun ownership. But I think the NRA has hoodwinked the legal gun owning public. To me, the NRA has sold you a 2nd amendment fight while in reality what they were fighting was the right to sell and "get into circulation" as many firearms as possible on the behalf of the firearm industry. The firearm industry LOVES violence. The love 300 million firearms on the streets. The love that it's so easy for those guns to trickle down and become "illegal" and they love criminals that use guns because that allows them to sell the notion of "be armed for your safety" and sell more guns in perpetuem...

I love how right wingers (some on here) are so conspiracy theorists yet they can't possibly fathom the NRA doesn't have their best interests at heart? That they are emboldened to the gun industry over the public just a little bit? That defies logic.

When legal gun owners can stop spouting the NRA line on EVERYTHING, I will start listening. Because I don't trust the NRA just as much as I don't trust Hillary Clinton and her anti-2nd amendment crusade either.

This country needs to do a MUCH better job of getting illegal guns out of the system. I don't know if registration helps. I don't know if coming down hard on illegal sellers and gun shows and loopholes in the background checks help. I don't know if increased penalties and sentences help. I don't know if buybacks help.

But reducing the number of illegal guns needs to be a fight BOTH sides can agree on and work together. I'm just not sure (in fact I'm pretty sure not) that the NRA and their lobby want to do that at all.

As far as I know the NRA ( and I'm not a member) has never done anything but fight laws that restrict legal gun ownership by law abiding citizens. Do you have any factual evidence to show that the NRA supports a proliferation of illegal guns? The NRA has become the bogeyman of the left on this issue...it's easy to spout things like "crack down on illegal guns" but what does that look like? It looks like stop and frisk and search and seizure in large part of criminals and gang members, that liberals (and many conservatives as well) are staunchly opposed to.

Christians murdered those who did not worship Christ. Not different. Same. Also, still going on today. Most of our US troops murdering Muslims in the Middle East are Christians....murdering non-Christians.

Your stupidity never ceases to amaze me. None of our troops are murdering Muslims because they are Muslims. They are killing members of a terrorist organization that is quite openly and publicly dedicated to the brutal, violent slaughter of innocent civilians.