• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Ah, the good ole pantsuit nation!

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Years ago, just after the 2016 election, I received an invite from a particularly liberal minded friend of mine the the "Pantsuit Nation". A collection of Hillary Supporters, SJWs and general World Changers.

For years I have enjoyed the maniacally liberal posts coming from the pantsuit nation. They are almost always wildly entertaining.

Today, I may have jeopardized my membership though. Somebody (a white lady) was talking about how she was working really hard to increase awareness of black oppression and she was trying to use her White Privilege to help sway other unenlightened people to understand their part in minority oppression.

I responded: "And... Because you're white, accepting that anything you do is merely patronizing because ultimately you fail to understand despite all your efforts and intentions YOU are the problem and truthfully no part of the solution."

To which a woman of color responded: "I disagree, White people can recognize their privilege without ANY internal guilt and make serious contributions to ending racism."

I replied: "Clearly, you don't understand systemic white privilege."

Then I countered: "That's unfair of me. I suggest that all efforts of we white people to assuage our guilt are merely acts of patronizing."

She responded: "no, clearly I can understand we ALL have been victimized by a system that sweeps issues under the rug rather than deal with them, and that the solution is not guilt, it's acknowledgement and respect."

Then, from me: "In no case have white people ever been victimized in american society. And if they ever have approached victimization, it was at the hands of other white people."

She said, "Poor whites are victimized everyday. It's not a Black monopoly." (Note, for the first time, she is following my lead of lower-casing "white".)

I began my doubling down: "And acknowledgement and respect do nothing to remedy the evils perpetrated over centuries against other people. I can acknowledge 'till my face turns blue, that is a useless, empty gesture."

And finally, I gave my sledge-hammer: Ultimately, a young and passionate Malcolm X said it best. If you are white, there is nothing you can do to help the plight of the oppressed. Your very existence is anathema to equality and justice. That is simply the truth at the end of it all."

Ant nest = kicked!

And the best part is... at last check other white folks are arguing with the black lady about how her ideas of respect and acknowledgement are crap and any perceived victimization that white people have suffered are completely inconsequential compared to the plight of minorities.

Awesome work, wig.

I am taking it up a notch as well. Where I live, I know a black guy who is very pro-Trump. MAGA hat, the whole deal. I plan on wearing blackface and confronting him on his racist tendencies.

By wearing blackface, you merely underline your privilege and further patronize an already marginalized people.

It's folks like you that continue the legacy of oppression. The best thing you can possibly do to help minorities is to sign over the deed to your home and the title to your car to an oppressed minority and then quit your job in order to free up the opportunity for a person of color.

Only then can you truly say you did something impactful to make up in some small way for your lifetime of brazen oppression.