• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Allegedly, Picket Refused to Back Up Rudolph

I see names like Josh Allen, Trevor Lawrence, Jalen Hurts, etc. thrown out when it comes to Kenny Pickett's development. I've used them myself, particularly Jalen Hurts. But those guys showed progress in year 2. For instance, Hurts threw for 6 TDs and 4 INTs as a rookie and improved his completion % while throwing for 16 TDs and 9 INTs in year 2. I'd be thrilled if Pickett had those types of numbers.

Looking at some other recently drafted QBs, after two seasons Pickett is trending more towards Zach Wilson and Justin Fields than Trevor Lawrence or Jalen Hurts. If you give him a third year, what type of jump does he have to make to think he's the long-term answer?

Kenny Pickett
YearCompletion %YardsTDsINTsRating

Jalen Hurts

Trevor Lawrence

Justin Fields

Zach Wilson

Such apt comparisons indeed. Trevor Lawrence & Jaylen Hurts. 2 quarterbacks that are sucking **** now. the losses mounting.
Oh wait... or are they superior quarterbacks that Kenny aspires to?! i forget which.

https://www.nj.com/eagles/2024/01/eagles-jalen-hurts-has-lost-his-confidence-ex-nfl-qb-says.html

Such apt comparisons indeed. Trevor Lawrence & Jaylen Hurts. 2 quarterbacks that are sucking **** now. the losses mounting.
Oh wait... or are they superior quarterbacks that Kenny aspires to?! i forget which.

https://www.nj.com/eagles/2024/01/eagles-jalen-hurts-has-lost-his-confidence-ex-nfl-qb-says.html

Terry Bradshaw said Kenny's the guy. But there are unique message board posters that say they know more about the position than Terry and that Kenny just isn't up to snuff........:pound:

As somebody pointed out earlier, there is a REAL contingent of folks who are rabid Pickett fans (likely college fans who have carried forward to the Steelers) who cannot tolerate any Pickett criticism.

It's kinda fascinating. I know, I have gone through the same thing, hoping against hope that Kordell would have a great game, only to see a 150 yard effort with as much chance of an int as a TD. (Seems familiar?). And more recently I really really hoped for James Washington to have stellar games. I get it.

But try not to turn like a rabid fan on another fan who doesn't share your subjective loyalty

i am a Pickett fan. But i know that in this system - there is no way in hell he can throw for 5 TDs and 400+ yards. Cant be done.

5 evenly-spaced stick routes. Steelers signature playcall.

GC9RlUbWcAE4Wry

KP8 wasn’t showing much and got injured.

Mason came in and showed what poise and an arm can do to a defense. He is playing out the season and I wish him the best of luck in doing so.

STEELERS need to strongly look at QBs in this up-coming draft. There is some serious talent.

Salute the nation
I have to believe the Khan/Weidl duo realize the deficiency at the position and will address it in some way shape or form

The Pickett/T-biscuit project was Colbert’s deuce he dropped on the way out the door

Fully trust the FO to bring in the necessary talent

Terry Bradshaw said Kenny's the guy. But there are unique message board posters that say they know more about the position than Terry and that Kenny just isn't up to snuff........:pound:
Terry also said Sam Darnold was more talented than Cam Newton…his QB evals are more sus than many posters here

Who do ya want in a big game? Terry
Who do ya want doing player evals? Definitely not Terry

Terry also said Sam Darnold was more talented than Cam Newton…his QB evals are more sus than many posters here

Who do ya want in a big game? Terry
Who do ya want doing player evals? Definitely not Terry

Ahhh. The goal posts have moved. Saw that coming! The Kenny haters are hilarious. He may not end up being the guy, but anyone saying it RIGHT NOW, is a just running their mouths prematurely. Concidence that he had his best game against Cincy in game one without Canada? Not worth my time to debate since many of his critics don't like him for various reasons and have made up their minds. Again, he might not end up being the guy, buy saying he's for sure never gonna be the guy right now disqualfies those saying it.

And I thought Mitch must be better than Mason since Shades was starting him. Silly me.

Cornell Grad here- which means I watch almost no college ball nor have any allegiance to any big program.
That's one of the top schools in upstate NY!

he tries to spin out of the pocket at the slightest sight of pressure, rarely steps up in the pocket.
This is my biggest concern/frustration with him. Too many times there is room to climb but he chooses to roll out right into pressure. I'm hoping it's something coaching and confidence can overcome, but I believe I've read it was an issue in college too.

i mean i could be all wrong. Maybe Kenny doesn't have it. But i see how Tomlin is doing him completely dirty - and it's not okay to ****-over a possible star quarterback.

i just want a guy that wants... more like demands the ball. i like this kid who's got a chip on his shoulder after doing nothing wrong - all while the diva wide receivers do wrong things on and off the field.
i like him full of piss and vinegar. Ben was always like that too.

It's 100% true. I knew about it Friday afternoon. I know exactly where it leaked and it's
Yep, Ben hinted about something on his show, he heard from guys on the team.
And I thought Mitch must be better than Mason since Shades was starting him. Silly me.
Mitch has to be better, Tomlin started him and Tomlin knows more about football than unique message board posters.

Mitch has to be better, Tomlin started him and Tomlin knows more about football than unique message board posters.
Never a losing season. Greatest coach ever.

Hmmmm. Just one? Terry Bradshaw. Heard of him? He's got alot more knowledge than a football analyst or a "talking head". smh

Case closed.
Terry has made a career in broadcasting with his ridiculous takes. Which are not based in reality, just clickbait to try to stay relevant.

i mean i could be all wrong. Maybe Kenny doesn't have it. But i see how Tomlin is doing him completely dirty - and it's not okay to ****-over a possible star quarterback.

i just want a guy that wants... more like demands the ball. i like this kid who's got a chip on his shoulder after doing nothing wrong - all while the diva wide receivers do wrong things on and off the field.

Great post. He's gonna be good. He was told not to turn the ball over and he did it. He can make all the throws, win late and has a burning desire to move the needle. He may or may not pan out, but to say RIGHT NOW that he's a bust is absolutely laughable. I wont even respond to those petty posts anymore.

You don't think Rudolph was done dirty by Tomlin?

You don't think Rudolph was done dirty by Tomlin?
At the very least the man can't seem to either evaluate properly and or is too slow to make decisions. Rudy,Dotson, and Kendrick has shown that...

It's 100% true. I knew about it Friday afternoon. I know exactly where it leaked and it's 100000000%.
As in he refused because he hadn't practiced? Or he refused because it was Rudy?
At the very least the man can't seem to either evaluate properly and or is too slow to make decisions. Rudy,Dotson, and Kendrick has shown that...
You forgot to add stubborn. :)

It's 100% true. I knew about it Friday afternoon. I know exactly where it leaked and it's 100000000%.

Well 81, you know as well I that that isn’t a good picture for KP8.

Maybe Coach Tomlin needs to bring the magic and coach him up a little maturity along the way.

This off season will bring a lot of clarity to the scene, I just hope the better QB emerges.

PS Thanks for all the work in the operations of this great web-site.!!!

Salute the nation

Salute the nation

Hmmmm. Just one? Terry Bradshaw. Heard of him? He's got alot more knowledge than a football analyst or a "talking head". smh

Case closed.
The next time Terry Bradshaw's opinion is considered beyond reproach, on anything, let me know. It will be the 1st time. He is most-often considered a buffoon even on his football telecast; he is set up that way as the producers know how he is perceived.

The next time Terry Bradshaw's opinion is considered beyond reproach, on anything, let me know. It will be the 1st time. He is most-often considered a buffoon even on his football telecast; he is set up that way as the producers know how he is perceived.

awwww, another Kenny hater selectively deciding that the opinion of a guy that played the exact positiion, for the exact same team and won 4 superbowls "doesn't count". Some of you are hilarious and shameless. I was asked to provide 1 person. I did, and you just don't like it. Kick rocks.