• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

And it Begins:Special Prosecutor To Investigate Trump And Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must have missed the G7 summit in your own country, where Trump insulted and created a wedge with long time allies. Or the current trade wars he's started. Or his recent comments on NATO.

The fact that you're oblivious to all this comes as no surprise.

Trump is hellbent on destroying the Nato alliance
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jun/27/donald-trump-nato-europe-ally
The Guardian? Who would read that leftist rubbish?

When in Canada, Trump called Trudeau weak. True
Trump left early to tackle more important issue of North Korea. True
Trump has since called out Canada for not meeting its NATO obligations. True
Trump has pissed off Brits and Europeans by being brash and very open with his opinions. True
Trump acted on the promise of successive US Presidents by actually moving US embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. True
Trump removed the US from the Pairs climate scandal. True.

These are all good things, all true Tibs.

Why are you all bent out of shape about truth and good work?

Sent from my SM-N950W using Steeler Nation mobile app

The Guardian? Who would read that leftist rubbish?

When in Canada, Trump called Trudeau weak. True
Trump left early to tackle more important issue of North Korea. True
Trump has since called out Canada for not meeting its NATO obligations. True
Trump has pissed off Brits and Europeans by being brash and very open with his opinions. True
Trump acted on the promise of successive US Presidents by actually moving US embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. True
Trump removed the US from the Pairs climate scandal. True.

And to cap it all off, Trump is undoing that terrible Iran deal. His effectiveness us already being felt by the terrorist leaders in Iran. True.

These are all good things, all true Tibs.

Why are you all bent out of shape about truth and good work?

You must have missed the G7 summit in your own country, where Trump insulted and created a wedge with long time allies. Or the current trade wars he's started. Or his recent comments on NATO.

The fact that you're oblivious to all this comes as no surprise.

Trump is hellbent on destroying the Nato alliance
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jun/27/donald-trump-nato-europe-ally

NATO (the rest of it, aside from the US, UK, Estonia, Greece, Poland) need to ******* pony up. Its easy to run around giving out free **** when the US is taking care of your national defense. It's a bunch of ****. I mean, if they don't want to contribute the BARE MINIMUM to their own defense, why should we pick up the tab? I say **** that. Close the bank.

Say goodbye to the America that's led the world for decades.

I especially liked when we led the world in bowing to foreign dignitaries and going on world-wide apology tours.

I agree, Putin seems very pleased. His plan is unfolding meticulously. Say goodbye to the America that's led the world for decades. Say goodbye to NATO and traditional western alliances. A new world order is rounding into shape. And unless this trajectory is changed in the near future, America will cede it's leadership role of Western democracies around the globe. Putin's investment in Trump has brought results beyond his wildest dreams. It was all so easy.

Breaking News

Trump and Putin to meet in Helsinki, Finland on July 16, White House says
The White House announced President Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin will meet on July 16 in Helsinki, Finland.

triggered.jpg

NATO was set up to defend against the USSR.

What is the threat now exactly? Just Russia? The EU has FOUR TIMES the economic power as Russia. It has almost twice the military personnel.

NATO was required during the cold war but why exactly now? If the EU is one of the bid three in economic power (along with the U.S. and China), maybe they should start acting like one on a political stage and start actually solving some problems, because I don't see them doing much. Did they stop Russia from invading Crimea? Nope. Have they done anything to help Middle East or Africa? Nope.

Almost all their fighting is in-fighting. Certain EU governments go left, others go right and all they do is bicker and have "meetings". And truthfully all they really care about is money. They talk a big game about "human rights" but they don't do much. They don't fix anything because their words aren't ever backed up with muscle. We are their muscle. If we don't get involved on their side, nothing gets done.

Russia is an EU problem and they are more than capable of standing up to them alone.

In the Middle East, the U.S. needs to be involved because we need to help Israel and pick our sides in the ever growing Sunni-Shia rivalry. Plus terror attacks mostly spawn from that region.

In Asia, there is no balance because China is one of the "Big 3" and states like Korea, Taiwan, Japan, SE Asia all need us to help balance the scales when China becomes aggressive.

But Europe? Come on.... unless Europe breaks down into another European conflict BETWEEN EU nations, they don't need us to help defend themselves. I'm not saying if Russia isn't the aggressor we wouldn't get involved. Of course we would (if asked nicely). But the ideas of NATO almost reek of the old world alliances that actually started WWI.

As a "Big 3" economy they will always have an economic seat at any table in the world. And the U.S. needs them as much as they need us economically (in fair and negotiated trade). But this is not the cold war anymore. This is not the power of USSR on their doorstep like it was during the 1970's. This is not East Germany/West Germany and the Berlin Wall. NATO could and should evolve with changing world powers (and make no mistake, EU is a world power now).

NATO sucks.

No, it doesn't suck. It used to be a cooperative, functional alliance. Now, we are the cash cow (not to mention human capital) for their defense while they spend their money on social welfare programs. That has to change. If not, I would leave them to their own devices.

NATO can be a good, useful alliance. But it shouldn't come on the backs of the American taxpayer and American service member.

Rosenstein and Wray are lying pieces of ****. If you get a chance you need to watch the testimony today.

Rosenstein and Wray are lying pieces of ****. If you get a chance you need to watch the testimony today.

Both appointed by the Trump regime.

Shameful to see Trumpsters turning on the FBI and DOJ. Those on the right truly will eat their own. Pathetic.

Russia Russia Russia!

bwahahahahahahaha

There isn’t enough popcorn on Earth for this show!

You know the Democrats are having a bad week when they start calling each other racists instead of just using that term for anything or anyone they disagree with politically.

— Donald Trump Jr. (@DonaldJTrumpJr)

DgvC86_UcAEHU-5

ggWKES.jpg

No, it doesn't suck. It used to be a cooperative, functional alliance. Now, we are the cash cow (not to mention human capital) for their defense while they spend their money on social welfare programs. That has to change. If not, I would leave them to their own devices.

NATO can be a good, useful alliance. But it shouldn't come on the backs of the American taxpayer and American service member.
I think it definitely sucks right now from the perspective of the US. Possible doesn't have to, but it seems more like a relic of the Cold War, and not sure there is anything we would want to do through NATO that we couldn't do without it. The idea of NATO is great, like the idea of the United Nations. In practice it doesn't deliver.

Both Rosenstein and Chris Wray - Republicans appointed by Trump and endorsed by the GOP - are stand-up individuals upholding their oaths to serve the American people and abide by the Constitution. Shame on the Trump regime and their puppets in Congress for trying so forcefully to undermine them, for the singular purpose of protecting a lying, deceitful and likely criminal sack of horseshit. Nobody is above the law.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Rod Rosenstein skillfully SMACKS DOWN Rep. Jim Jordan in a cinematic way…<br><br>“There’s no way to subpoena phone calls.”<br><br>Must watch: <a href="https://t.co/rAbWDIt1k1">https://t.co/rAbWDIt1k1</a></p>— Jason K. Morrell (@CNNJason) <a href="https://twitter.com/CNNJason/status/1012358376284512257?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 28, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async="" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited:
Both Rosenstein and Chris Wray - Republicans appointed by Trump and endorsed by the GOP - are stand-up individuals upholding their oaths to serve the American people and abide by the Constitution. Shame on the Trump regime and their puppets in Congress for trying so forcefully to undermine them, for the singular purpose of protecting a lying, deceitful and likely criminal sack of horseshit. Nobody is above the law.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Rod Rosenstein skillfully SMACKS DOWN Rep. Jim Jordan in a cinematic way…<br><br>“There’s no way to subpoena phone calls.”<br><br>Must watch: <a href="https://t.co/rAbWDIt1k1">https://t.co/rAbWDIt1k1</a></p>— Jason K. Morrell (@CNNJason) <a href="https://twitter.com/CNNJason/status/1012358376284512257?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 28, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async="" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Watched every minute of it and that guy squirmed and back tracked the entire time he was questioned. He is as dirty as the rest of them. This isn't a D or R problem this is a institutional crony problem. They look out after there own, no one wants to topple the apple cart. It makes me sick to watch it.

Jesus Christ, of course there is. That's how they ******* LISTENED IN ON MICHAEL FLYNN'S PHONE CALL. What a dumbfuck.

Further, you most certainly can subpoena phone records that will detail every call received and every call made, to the minute. What a lying ********** if he said that.

Watched every minute of it and that guy squirmed and back tracked the entire time he was questioned. He is as dirty as the rest of them. This isn't a D or R problem this is a institutional crony problem. They look out after there own, no one wants to topple the apple cart. It makes me sick to watch it.

Rosenstein and Company are covering up the biggest political scandal in the history of this country.Thank God there are patriots like Jordan and Nunes, who are willing to fight the good fight. I hope, for the sake of the country, that truth be told and justice is served.

Yeah, about that....

36227193_991109537734319_5969536750781988864_n.jpg

What about that? See how it reached 10% during Obama's "recovery"? Unemployment was 7.8% when Obama took office, he spent a trillion dollars on a "recovery plan," and the unemployment rate remained HIGHER than when he took office for four years. FOUR YEARS.

And do you see the increase in Bammy's last days in office? 5% and rising at the end of Obama's term. Never below 4.7%. Increasing during his last days.

Trump? Never above 4.7%. Declining or steady in 14 out of 18 months. Now at 4.1%. Lowest unemployment overall in 50 years. Lowest African-American unemployment ever measured. Lowest Hispanic unemployment since Reagan (another racist who hated minorities but somehow increased their wealth and improved their economic circumstance but whatever). Stable inflation rate just a tick above 2%. Increasing median income. Increasing housing starts and home ownership. Increasing labor participation rate. Increase in full-time jobs.

Stick to sad stories of immigrants and children. If you want to talk about the economy under Obama vs. Trump, you get slaughtered. That's why not a single (D) is talking about the economy.

That's why not a single (D) is talking about the economy.

Yeah, you're probably right, why spoil the party? Let the good times roll.

National debt at highest level since after WWII

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/national-debt-at-highest-level-since-after-wwii/

In April 2017, Mr. Trump told the Washington Post he intended to eliminate the national debt "over a period of eight years." But his administration's push for tax cuts, combined with significant spending increases passed by Congress and signed into law by the president on top of already increasing non-discretionary spending, have driven the debt up, not pulled it down.

The national debt topped $21 trillion for the first time in U.S. history earlier this year.

Republicans railed against the national debt during the Obama administration, when it nearly doubled from $10.6 trillion to $19.9 trillion. But Republicans — with few exceptions — have been more muted about the debt under Mr. Trump.

Updated: More recent figures show unemployment now at 3.8%. That is basically full employment, since invariably some individuals are unemployed due to relocation, family, and health issues that have nothing to do with the economy.

3.8% is HALF the average unemployment rate under Obama. HALF. And of course Obama supporters want to give credit to Obama. Jee-zus, blame Bush, then take credit for Trump.

Yeah, you're probably right, why spoil the party? Let the good times roll.
The national debt topped $21 trillion for the first time in U.S. history earlier this year.

You realize $10 trillion of that belongs to Obama, don't you?

DON'T YOU?!?

And of course Obama supporters want to give credit to Obama. Jee-zus, blame Bush, then take credit for Trump.
No doubt, it's great there are this many jobs to go around. Trump deserves credit for keeping national unemployment numbers on their well-established downward slope over the past year and a half. As the chart shows, Trump's done a solid job continuing the trajectory downward as has been the case for a decade. That's great.

The problem with Trump there's so much noise it's hard to just look at the economy, while ignoring everything else going on.

I don't buy into Trump's constant peddling of half-truths about his accomplishments. Nor those from many of you on this board. We get blaring posts for every fart Trump emits either alone, or in the company of others. Forgive me for wincing a little when a serving President spends much of his time holding rallies in stadiums congratulating himself, giving out high fives. If you're trying to get elected, or up for re-election, you toot your own horn. But to do it on the job, month after month, day after day. I don't know how anyone's able to pull that off. Seems absurd and ridiculous, the grandstanding, the self-congratulating. Does anyone do this type of back-slapping at their jobs?

I'll give him this. There has never been a president this flamboyant, brash and reckless. Trump is 100% in-your-face, throwing elbows, screaming at the press, shouting insults, sending out angry tweets. He's putting a lot of effort into this, for a 70+ year old man. Trump's hefty frame, NY rich man swagger, the shiny suits and the bright orange skin. He is a living, breathing cartoon character. We've never had a President like Trump. The fact Trump may be severely compromised with Russian ties going back decades, the story becomes more action/adventure mixed w murder/mystery. Trump deserves credit for creating a TV show 1,000x better than the Apprentice. Problem is, this isn't a TV show.

I hope things work out for Trump. I'm obviously pessimistic, but would gladly take Trump stepping up and becoming a leader of the country. It's times like this you need the President to speak to everyone, all Americans. The fact he's out there berating the media, members of his own DOJ/FBI, the federal government, constantly hissing like a snake, or a mongoose. He's been at war with and throwing darts at the entire Democratic party, Pelosi on down. Never reaching out, never looking for compromise. Anyone crosses him on the GOP side gets instantly hassled and attacked. Trump's attacks on McCain have been shameful, same with his disparaging long-serving FBI and DOJ officials. Putting everyone on blast that dares oppose him. None of this makes him even halfway Presidential in my view, regardless of low unemployment figures, as important as that is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.