• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

And it Begins:Special Prosecutor To Investigate Trump And Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.
See how technology has changed things. Nixon had to send burglars to break into an office and Trump just had to send the Russians in electronically.

And the **** will hit the fan in 3.....2.....1....

Trump calls on Sessions to end Russia probe ‘right now’
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/399841-trump-calls-on-sessions-to-end-russia-probe

President Trump on Wednesday called on Attorney General Jeff Sessions to stop the Russia investigation, a significant escalation of his attacks against the long-running probe that has dogged his presidency. "Attorney General Jeff Sessions should stop this Rigged Witch Hunt right now, before it continues to stain our country any further," Trump tweeted.

The president also accused special counsel Robert Mueller of being "totally conflicted," adding that "his 17 Angry Democrats that are doing his dirty work are a disgrace to USA."

Sessions has long been the target of Trump's ire over his decision to recuse himself from the Russia investigation, but the president has seldom suggested publicly that his attorney general should halt the probe. Trump's latest barb comes one day after his former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, went on trial for alleged tax, financial and bank fraud crimes, the biggest test yet for the Mueller probe.

The president also sought to distance himself from Manafort early Wednesday, saying in another tweet that Manafort only "worked for me for a very short time" and suggested federal authorities should have informed him his campaign chief was under investigation during the 2016 presidential race.

"Paul Manafort worked for Ronald Reagan, Bob Dole and many other highly prominent and respected political leaders. He worked for me for a very short time. Why didn’t government tell me that he was under investigation. These old charges have nothing to do with Collusion — a Hoax!"

Mueller, a Republican, has indicted or secured guilty pleas from 32 individuals, including four former Trump aides, in the probe into ties between the Trump campaign and Russia’s efforts to influence the 2016 presidential election.

Trump has repeatedly denied that his campaign was involved in the effort and has also wavered on whether Russia interfered in the election, as U.S. intelligence agencies have unanimously concluded.

For months, the president has kept up a sustained attack on the Mueller investigation in an attempt to undermine it in the eyes of the public.

Multiple media reports have said Trump privately pressured Sessions several times to reverse his decision to recuse himself. Those comments, plus his tweets attacking Sessions and former FBI Director James Comey, are reportedly under investigation as Mueller looks into whether Trump has obstructed justice.

Sessions, the former Alabama senator who served as a top Trump campaign adviser, recused himself in March 2017 from the Russia probe after it was revealed he failed to disclose a conversation he had with Russia's U.S. ambassador during the 2016 race.

That decision left Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein to oversee the investigation. Rosenstein appointed Mueller as special counsel in May 2017, after Trump fired Comey as FBI director.

And the **** will hit the fan in 3.....2.....1....

Trump calls on Sessions to end Russia probe ‘right now’
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/399841-trump-calls-on-sessions-to-end-russia-probe

Trump needs to leave that **** alone. As much as I am opposed to this farce of an investigation, I will say this......if this is truly a witch hunt, let it play out. If nothing else, you expose this investigation and leftists behind it for what they are. I mean, it is already in plain view, but just in case some folks need reinforcement.

Trump needs to leave that **** alone. As much as I am opposed to this farce of an investigation, I will say this......if this is truly a witch hunt, let it play out. If nothing else, you expose this investigation and leftists behind it for what they are. I mean, it is already in plain view, but just in case some folks need reinforcement.

It's been played out over two years. It's a joke. The Manafort trial has nothing to do with the Trump campaign or the made up collusion investigation.

Each passing day Trump just adds more fodder to Mueller's obstruction of juctice case. Dumbest criminal in history.

It's been played out over two years. It's a joke. The Manafort trial has nothing to do with the Trump campaign or the made up collusion investigation.

OK, fine. I still say let it play out. What's wrong with vindication? If this were me, after all the **** that has been slung at me, and I knew I did nothing they are accusing me of, I would want them to say it. I would make every damn one of them report it, admit it to the world.

However, if I were worried and hiding something, I would terminate the special counsel.

All that said, I don't think Trump wants to end the investigation. I think this is his means to get rid of Sessions. No secret he hates Sessions. So give him an order to do something that will make him a pariah. Sessions won't end the investigation. So Trump fires him and gets somebody else.

Or he really wants Sessions to fire Robert Mueller. I think it's a yuuuuge mistake. Believe me.

If this was a democrat president enduring this bullshit, there would be a constant drumbeat of democrat politicians and media types calling for an end to charade. Trump is stuck with a bunch of eunuch republicans and enemy combatant media so he has to make his own case, and make it loudly. The democrats are a lot of bad things, but they know how to circle their wagons. For anyone who hasn't noticed, Trump always fights back.

OK, fine. I still say let it play out. What's wrong with vindication? If this were me, after all the **** that has been slung at me, and I knew I did nothing they are accusing me of, I would want them to say it. I would make every damn one of them report it, admit it to the world. .

This has been the main point I've been making from the very beginning. If Trump didn't conspire with the Russians, he would have RUN to Mueller to give a deposition and fully support the investigation to clear his name.

As we know, he's done nothing but the exact opposite of what an innocent man would do. In the end, he will pay a heavy price for his transgressions. And America will be better for it.

But I doubt he'll stick around till the end to face the music. He'll resign in disgrace screaming and shouting about the Libs & fake news all the way out the door.

Last edited:
This has been the main point I've been making from the very beginning. If Trump didn't conspire with the Russians, he would have RUN to Mueller to give a deposition and fully support the investigation to clear his name.

As we know, he's done nothing but the exact opposite of what an innocent man would do. In the end, he will pay a heavy price for his transgressions. And America will be better for it.

But I doubt he'll stick around till the end to face the music. He'll resign in disgrace screaming and shouting about the Libs & fake news all the way out the door.

Tibs, come on man, trump's the eternal victim. My heart bleeds. And you left out the part about him blaming the deep state as well as all the other BS he spews every...single...day lol. Too bad the top GOP whack job (which is a real feat since there are so many) Gowdy isn't performing the investigation since he's so quick and successful at them.

I don't think a Dem would fire the FBI director and then tell the national news media it was because of this Russia thing.
If Comey had been left in place and had not completed the investigation by now, Trump could complain.

I don't think a Dem would fire the FBI director and then tell the national news media it was because of this Russia thing.
If Comey had been left in place and had not completed the investigation by now, Trump could complain.

Funny that, because right up until Trump fired James Comey, a whole lot of Dems wanted James Comey out. Apparently, your memory is about a long as your dick.

When all is said and done seems to me the charges Mueller will level against Trump are Conspiracy against the United States and Obstruction of Justice, along with numerous wire and bank fraud charges, breaking election laws, money laundering & tax evasion (going back decades). My best guess is around 10+ of his closest associates will be also charged for aiding and abetting including Pence, Trump Jr, Kushner and many others.

Trump knows the game is nearly up and is increasingly in panic mode.

All told, this presidency will go down as the darkest moment in our political history. But the Republic will survive and overcome this cancerous growth. Once the growth is removed the healing can begin. The GOP will go down in flames along with the man they've propped up and defended to the bitter end.

You elect a reality tv show persona to lead the country, you get a reality tv show in return. It's been a tragi-comedy like no other.

When all is said and done seems to me the charges Mueller will level against Trump are Conspiracy against the United States and Obstruction of Justice, along with numerous wire and bank fraud charges, breaking election laws, money laundering & tax evasion (going back decades). My best guess is around 10+ of his closest associates will be also charged for aiding and abetting including Pence, Trump Jr, Kushner and many others.

All told, this presidency will go down as the darkest moment in our political history. But the Republic will survive and overcome this cancerous growth. Once the growth is removed the healing can begin. The GOP will go down in flames along with the man they've propped up and defended to the bitter end.

You elect a reality tv show persona to lead the country, you get a reality tv show in return. It's been a tragi-comedy like no other.

Ha Ha! Your TDS always cracks me up. How can you even function being this delusional?

That's a pretty interesting forecast you have going there Tibs..... Tells me a lot about your current state of mind.

That's a pretty interesting forecast you have going there Tibs..... Tells me a lot about your current state of mind.

We'll see how it plays out. You explain to me Trump's increasingly hostile and paranoid behavior, if indeed he has nothing to worry about regarding the investigation(s).

We'll see how it plays out. You explain to me Trump's increasingly hostile and paranoid behavior, if indeed he has nothing to worry about regarding the investigation(s).
That's how normal people act when they are falsely accused. Ask any cop. In this case, it isn't some local detective and assistant DA. It's the full power of a special counsel with a team of professional prosecutors allowed to look for practically anything, with unlimited time and budget. There is nothing paranoid in worrying about that situation.

Trump should have Sessions order a special investigation on Hillary colluding with Russia to meddle with the election. Stack the deck with 17 non-GOPe Republicans. Then corrupt Mueller will see what evidence really looks like. And it would only take a few days.

Trump should have Sessions order a special investigation on Hillary colluding with Russia to meddle with the election. Stack the deck with 17 non-GOPe Republicans. Then corrupt Mueller will see what evidence really looks like. And it would only take a few days.

And it wouldn't do a damn thing to save Trump's Titanic, would it?

Your post is EXACTLY what delusional thinking sounds like.

Good job Champ!

That's how normal people act when they are falsely accused. Ask any cop. In this case, it isn't some local detective and assistant DA. It's the full power of a special counsel with a team of professional prosecutors allowed to look for practically anything, with unlimited time and budget. There is nothing paranoid in worrying about that situation.
I'm sorry but that's pure b.s. If you were just elected President of the United States and had no involvement in any crimes involving a hostile foreign nation attacking the elections, you would make sure the federal agencies in charge of the investigation have your full support and cooperation, with the clear goal to get to the bottom of what happened and clear your name. Amazing the lengths some of you go to try to make this complicated and murky. It's not.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I’ve been hearing <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@realDonaldTrump</a> and <a href="https://twitter.com/RudyGiuliani?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@RudyGiuliani</a> claiming that ‘collusion is not a crime.’ Well, I took the liberty of reading the U.S. code myself. Here’s what the law actually says: <a href="https://t.co/qW2GPxuDdC">pic.twitter.com/qW2GPxuDdC</a></p>— Senator Chris Coons (@ChrisCoons) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChrisCoons/status/1024697572743634945?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 1, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

And it wouldn't do a damn thing to save Trump's Titanic, would it?

Your post is EXACTLY what delusional thinking sounds like.

Good job Champ!

No dipshit, it's the fair thing to do and it would prove that this witch hunt is nothing more than a political scam. Trump should also order that everything involved leading up to the investigation to be immediately declassified, no redactions, so the American people can see just how corrupt this investigation is.

We would refer to Hillary's investigation as a ***** Hunt, lmao.....

I'm sorry but that's pure b.s. If you were just elected President of the United States and had no involvement in any crimes involving a hostile foreign nation attacking the elections, you would make sure the federal agencies in charge of the investigation have your full support and cooperation, with the clear goal to get to the bottom of what happened and clear your name. Amazing the lengths some of you go to try to make this complicated and murky. It's not.
This disconnect here is that most of us here, along with Trump, know this is a partisan fishing expedition. You libs actually think there is something there. And no, if I knew the federal agencies were actively working against me and trying to gin up ****, I would shut them down if it was in my power, and I'd scream from the rooftops about it. That's the real story here.

Status
Not open for further replies.