• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

And it Begins:Special Prosecutor To Investigate Trump And Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stzork is a minor footnote in all this, doesn't even register as a blip on the radar. You guys are being led down the rabbit hole, but that's none of my business.

The man that matters here is the one leading the investigation and ultimately responsible for its credibility, legality and legitimacy.

DjmWBtsXcAAuf3V.jpg:large

I don't agree with the view Stzork allowed his political & personal views of Trump affect his work, I may be alone on this.

just as you approach any and every Trump story with the same open mind, instead of clicking a link and thinking "what's this ******* done now?"
you mean, like that?

Stzork is a minor footnote in all this, doesn't even register as a blip on the radar. You guys are being led down the rabbit hole, but that's none of my business.

The man that matters here is the one leading the investigation and ultimately responsible for its credibility, legality and legitimacy.

the very same Mueller who sent men to prison knowing they were completely innocent? that model of moral and ethical behavior?

Funny that the Left is suddenly on the side of the military and FBI.

Funny that the Left is suddenly on the side of the military and FBI.

Hey Ron, serious question...I would love to know where this stemmed from. Because I know no one this could pertain to. My dad was a WW-II vet, every uncle I had was in the military, 2 ex FBI officials and 1 US Marshal, majority were dems, a couple pubs including my own dad. I've always been a dem, always for the military and always for our justice system. So you can see why I'm in the dark with this, so this is not a sarcastic question, but a real one.

Hey Ron, serious question...I would love to know where this stemmed from. Because I know no one this could pertain to. My dad was a WW-II vet, every uncle I had was in the military, 2 ex FBI officials and 1 US Marshal, majority were dems, a couple pubs including my own dad. I've always been a dem, always for the military and always for our justice system. So you can see why I'm in the dark with this, so this is not a sarcastic question, but a real one.

Fine enough, but your relatives were old-school Democrats back when the party represented Labor and was anti-Communist instead of being the home for Communists.
Modern Dem leaders came of age during the Vietnam era where they were the majority of anti-war protesters and hated the military and the FBI who was investigating the protesters and the Communists who were behind it.
Bill Clinton "loathed the military".
http://msgboard.snopes.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=print_topic;f=101;t=000179

Democrats have been polishing their street cred for years with how anti-military and how anti-patriotic they are.

https://www.theamericanconservative.com/larison/dont-forget-ron-silver/

I first heard of Ron Silver from an anecdote about Clinton’s first inauguration. The story that I heard goes that there were fighter jets flying overhead in honour of the new President, and Silver was initially bothered by this until he thought to himself that the jets were “our planes now.” It was now okay to enthuse about displays of militarism, because the right people were in charge. So it is not really all that terribly surprising that when there was an actual war on and there was a chance to be on the side of the “war President,” Silver would join the side of that Presiden

You must be willfully blind because for the last 30 years law enforcement has been seen as the province of the Right. Still is when your side is the one that wants to abolish ICE and get rid of immigration laws or at least not enforce them.

the very same Mueller who sent men to prison knowing they were completely innocent? that model of moral and ethical behavior?

A minor blip on the radar for him, I am sure.

From the Boston Herald:

FISA documents reveal FBI collusion
Laura Hollis
Monday, July 30, 2018

Credit: Associated Press
FILE - In this file July 7, 2016, photo then-FBI Director James Comey testifies before the House Oversight Committee to discuss Hillary Clinton's email investigation, at the Capitol in Washington.
Our media’s valiant efforts to distract us notwithstanding, information continues to seep out that underscores how badly a housecleaning is needed in Washington, D.C.

Last week saw the release of the applications used to obtain warrants from the FISA court to spy on Carter Page, an adviser to the Trump presidential campaign. Obtained by Judicial Watch, the 400-plus pages of (heavily redacted) documents support the conclusions earlier drawn by the House Intelligence Committee (and denounced by Democrats as hysteria): the FISA warrants were obtained through obfuscation and deceit.

As various commentators predicted would be proven, the bulk of the information that formed the basis for the FISA warrant applications was the “dossier” of allegations about Donald Trump’s activities in Russia. This dossier was provided to the FBI by British spy Christopher Steele. Steele was hired during the 2016 presidential campaign by opposition research firm Fusion GPS, who was paid by Hillary Clinton’s law firm Perkins Coie, who was paid by the Clinton campaign and the DNC. The allegations were scandalous and completely unverified, in violation of federal statutes and FISA court rules.

In other words, the FBI used oppo research paid for by the Democrats as justification for government spying on a political opponent and other Americans.

But there’s more. In another incredible coincidence, Fusion GPS had hired scholar and professor Nellie Ohr as a “paid Russian expert.” Nellie Ohr happens to be married to Bruce Ohr, deputy attorney general in the Justice Department. Bruce Ohr is alleged to have passed his wife’s anti-Trump research to the FBI. He was demoted for failing to disclose not only his wife’s employment with Fusion GPS, but also his own meetings with Fusion GPS founder Glenn Simpson.

The FISA court was never told any of that. They were never supposed to know. None of us was ever supposed to know.

When thousands of DNC emails were leaked to the public through Julian Assange’s organization WikiLeaks, we learned that Hillary Clinton had abused the primary process, nearly bankrupted the DNC and effectively stole the nomination from Bernie Sanders. We also learned the press played favorites with Clinton, getting her approval before running stories and forwarding debate questions to Clinton in advance. (The official line is Russians hacked the DNC computers and gave the emails to WikiLeaks. Assange and former U.S. and U.K. intelligence officials vehemently deny this, and maintain it was an inside “leak,” not a hack. The DNC refused to turn over their servers to the FBI for inspection.)

And then there is Hillary Clinton’s misuse of a personal email server to handle classified State Department information. We now know that then-FBI director James Comey decided not to prosecute Clinton before the investigation was even concluded. We also know that FBI attorney Peter Strzok rewrote Comey’s initial report to change Comey’s description of Clinton’s conduct from “grossly negligent” — which was a violation of the applicable federal statute — to “extremely careless.”

This is the same Peter Strzok who expressed his loathing for Donald Trump in many of the tens of thousands of texts he exchanged with his lover and fellow FBI attorney Lisa Page. Strzok infamously assured Page that they had an “insurance policy” and that they “would stop” Trump from becoming president.
At a congressional hearing two weeks ago, Strzok arrogantly insisted that his bias did not affect his job performance.

He must think we’re all idiots.

But then, we were never supposed to know any of this.

Hillary Clinton was supposed to win. No one would know the FBI “investigation” into her violations of federal statutes was a foregone conclusion that would exonerate her. No one would know that members of the FBI and the DOJ were using their government powers to attack and discredit the man who wasn’t “supposed” to win, but did.

Trump’s unorthodox presidency has been a great gift. It has exposed the corruption in our government, and the betrayal of the American public by so much of the press.

So, that said, you must be against sanctuary cities, and support ICE doing it's job?

I am against sanctuary cities and I support legal immigration and the agencies that help that along, so yes you would be correct. But really, is this shocking? I know there are far right who believe and support things I'm sure the middle of the road pubs don't. You must know the same is true for the left.

Fine enough, but your relatives were old-school Democrats back when the party represented Labor and was anti-Communist instead of being the home for Communists.
Modern Dem leaders came of age during the Vietnam era where they were the majority of anti-war protesters and hated the military and the FBI who was investigating the protesters and the Communists who were behind it.
Bill Clinton "loathed the military".
http://msgboard.snopes.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=print_topic;f=101;t=000179

Democrats have been polishing their street cred for years with how anti-military and how anti-patriotic they are.

You must be willfully blind because for the last 30 years law enforcement has been seen as the province of the Right. Still is when your side is the one that wants to abolish ICE and get rid of immigration laws or at least not enforce them.

I appreciate your answer, but the bolded is as far from what describes me. So the ones who want to abolish ICE and not enforce immigration laws would not be ones I would support, clearly. But also to touch on the old school dems, my dad was also old school pub, and this is not the party he would have supported today...at all. So what you see of the dems is what I see of the republican party, a sad shell of what it once was.

I appreciate your answer, but the bolded is as far from what describes me. So the ones who want to abolish ICE and not enforce immigration laws would not be ones I would support, clearly. But also to touch on the old school dems, my dad was also old school pub, and this is not the party he would have supported today...at all. So what you see of the dems is what I see of the republican party, a sad shell of what it once was.

Except that you WILL vote for Democrats all the time and that is the party who wants to abolish ICE and have open borders. It IS what they stand for now.
Also I will note that the military is almost entirely staffed by people from the South and West. Blue state participation in the military is very low and there have many many articles written about it. Parents on the East and West coasts wonder where they went wrong if their kid wants to join the military.

Except that you WILL vote for Democrats all the time and that is the party who wants to abolish ICE and have open borders. It IS what they stand for now.
Also I will note that the military is almost entirely staffed by people from the South and West. Blue state participation in the military is very low and there have many many articles written about it. Parents on the East and West coasts wonder where they went wrong if their kid wants to join the military.

Depends on the views Ron. I'm a moderate not a liberal. You know there's a difference, like a difference between the alt right and moderates. I don't always agree with every single thing. I don't like the border situation, I wish it were different, but it isn't and it's likely not going to be. I'm not against ICE. I've already told you I have not always voted dem and my only reason not voting for McCain, who I know you detest, but I still like very much. I'm not a straight party voter, but even if I were I wouldn't apologize for my views. And viewpoints change. What was important (or not important) to me in my 20s are different now as well. As for the military is concerned, I was raised around it so it's always going have my respect. However, admitting this when I don't have to mind you, when my college student son just recently expressed an interest in the Air Force, I was disappointed. Not for serving in the military, but to serve in the military under this administration. I don't trust trump and I don't trust him not starting a war. I'm admitting I was relieved when he changed his mind.

I don't trust trump and I don't trust him not starting a war.

I gotta ask, serious question, where did all this "Trump is gonna start a war" hysteria come from? Aside from standing up to our enemies and telling them to get bent? Oh and actually funding the military to modernize and do its job? I don't understand it. Should he have drawn a red line something?

However, admitting this when I don't have to mind you, when my college student son just recently expressed an interest in the Air Force, I was disappointed. Not for serving in the military, but to serve in the military under this administration. I don't trust trump and I don't trust him not starting a war. I'm admitting I was relieved when he changed his mind.

That's where you and I differ. I think serving in the military under the current or any Republican administration is a vastly better deal than under any Democrat administration.

That's where you and I differ. I think serving in the military under the current or any Republican administration is a vastly better deal than under any Democrat administration.

LOL, I think we differ in a lot more than that, but I don't mind discussing with you because you're honest and actually talk to me instead of trying to belittle me. I can respect your opinions, I hope you can do the same.

serving in the military under the current or any Republican administration is a vastly better deal than under any Democrat administration.

As someone that has served under two Republican Presidents and two Democrat Presidents, I can assure you that is indeed the case. Serving under Clinton was the worst. And it's not close.

From the Boston Herald:

Laura Hollis
Monday, July 30, 2018

FILE - In this file July 7, 2016, photo then-FBI Director James Comey testifies before the House Oversight Committee to discuss Hillary Clinton's email investigation, at the Capitol in Washington.
Our media’s valiant efforts to distract us notwithstanding, information continues to seep out that underscores how badly a housecleaning is needed in Washington, D.C.

Last week saw the release of the applications used to obtain warrants from the FISA court to spy on Carter Page, an adviser to the Trump presidential campaign. Obtained by Judicial Watch, the 400-plus pages of (heavily redacted) documents support the conclusions earlier drawn by the House Intelligence Committee (and denounced by Democrats as hysteria): the FISA warrants were obtained through obfuscation and deceit.

As various commentators predicted would be proven, the bulk of the information that formed the basis for the FISA warrant applications was the “dossier” of allegations about Donald Trump’s activities in Russia. This dossier was provided to the FBI by British spy Christopher Steele. Steele was hired during the 2016 presidential campaign by opposition research firm Fusion GPS, who was paid by Hillary Clinton’s law firm Perkins Coie, who was paid by the Clinton campaign and the DNC. The allegations were scandalous and completely unverified, in violation of federal statutes and FISA court rules.

In other words, the FBI used oppo research paid for by the Democrats as justification for government spying on a political opponent and other Americans.

But there’s more. In another incredible coincidence, Fusion GPS had hired scholar and professor Nellie Ohr as a “paid Russian expert.” Nellie Ohr happens to be married to Bruce Ohr, deputy attorney general in the Justice Department. Bruce Ohr is alleged to have passed his wife’s anti-Trump research to the FBI. He was demoted for failing to disclose not only his wife’s employment with Fusion GPS, but also his own meetings with Fusion GPS founder Glenn Simpson.

The FISA court was never told any of that. They were never supposed to know. None of us was ever supposed to know.

When thousands of DNC emails were leaked to the public through Julian Assange’s organization WikiLeaks, we learned that Hillary Clinton had abused the primary process, nearly bankrupted the DNC and effectively stole the nomination from Bernie Sanders. We also learned the press played favorites with Clinton, getting her approval before running stories and forwarding debate questions to Clinton in advance. (The official line is Russians hacked the DNC computers and gave the emails to WikiLeaks. Assange and former U.S. and U.K. intelligence officials vehemently deny this, and maintain it was an inside “leak,” not a hack. The DNC refused to turn over their servers to the FBI for inspection.)

And then there is Hillary Clinton’s misuse of a personal email server to handle classified State Department information. We now know that then-FBI director James Comey decided not to prosecute Clinton before the investigation was even concluded. We also know that FBI attorney Peter Strzok rewrote Comey’s initial report to change Comey’s description of Clinton’s conduct from “grossly negligent” — which was a violation of the applicable federal statute — to “extremely careless.”

This is the same Peter Strzok who expressed his loathing for Donald Trump in many of the tens of thousands of texts he exchanged with his lover and fellow FBI attorney Lisa Page. Strzok infamously assured Page that they had an “insurance policy” and that they “would stop” Trump from becoming president.
At a congressional hearing two weeks ago, Strzok arrogantly insisted that his bias did not affect his job performance.

Hillary Clinton was supposed to win. No one would know the FBI “investigation” into her violations of federal statutes was a foregone conclusion that would exonerate her. No one would know that members of the FBI and the DOJ were using their government powers to attack and discredit the man who wasn’t “supposed” to win, but did.

Trump’s unorthodox presidency has been a great gift. It has exposed the corruption in our government, and the betrayal of the American public by so much of the press.

Fake news. That is just the hysterical ramblings of Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh. Nothing to see here. Move on.

They think they have a lock on the military and patriotism. I work in the defense industry, oldest brother was killed in Vietnam, other brother served at same time stayed in Germany though, several nephews and nieces serving/served....most of them on the left politically.

If they only knew the amount of leftists in the services they would **** their pants. I know I deal with them on a weekly basis, and sometimes we have political discussions. Most of them keep silent on their politics though,and for good reason.

Don't even get me started on patriotism. The so called "patriots" on the right and on this board are usually the biggest snowflake whiners there are, all while supporting fascistic ideas and despots. Then they turn around and call you or me " anti-american." CLUELESS.

fascism-is-a-form-of-right-wing-ideology-and-is-the-29882668.png

As someone that has served under two Republican Presidents and two Democrat Presidents, I can assure you that is indeed the case. Serving under Clinton was the worst. And it's not close.

Good thing Hildabitch didn't win.

I don't know how any of you support either of these traitorous parties.

People that don't support either voted for Trump. And there were a hell of a lot of them. His election was a rejection of the establishment on both sides of the isle pure and simple.

From the Boston Herald:

Laura Hollis
Monday, July 30, 2018

I'd like to know why any government document that does not pertain to national security (viable national security, not the security of individuals) is "heavily redacted" when released. Shouldn't these not be redacted under FISA? Otherwise, why not just release documents of pure black pages? it's asinine, no matter which administration started doing this.

People that don't support either voted for Trump. And there were a hell of a lot of them. His election was a rejection of the establishment on both sides of the isle pure and simple.

Yeah, I was one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.