• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

And it Begins:Special Prosecutor To Investigate Trump And Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim, you know this has been fact checked over and over right? I mean you're gonna believe what you believe as will I. NYT has right wing articles also.
You are factually incorrect here.

If not, please link to that which debunks the notion that the Clinton Foundation got enriched by supporters of a financial transaction that placed strategic uranium reserves in Russian ownership, as approved by Hillary's State Department.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Steeler Nation mobile app

6 years from now...... Any day now they'll prove Trump-Russia Collusion

6 years from now we will have a new president

920x920.jpg

You are factually incorrect here.

If not, please link to that which debunks the notion that the Clinton Foundation got enriched by supporters of a financial transaction that placed strategic uranium reserves in Russian ownership, as approved by Hillary's State Department.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clinton_Foundation–State_Department_controversy

Since it's you Confluence, I will take time later to look deeper, but I'm usually not very successful on finding anything different. For now since I'm at work (and bored at the moment), I only got to the wikipedia explanation of U1. Not sure the link will work since I can't see links here and normally can't post them, but I tried. Again cause I like you, if you have a link you would like me to read, I'd gladly do so, just not during the day since I can't access them.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/hillary-clinton-uranium-russia-deal/

The above link is the link that always comes up for U1. I hope they work for you.

Since it's you Confluence, I will take time later to look deeper, but I'm usually not very successful on finding anything different. For now since I'm at work (and bored at the moment), I only got to the wikipedia explanation of U1. Not sure the link will work since I can't see links here and normally can't post them, but I tried. Again cause I like you, if you have a link you would like me to read, I'd gladly do so, just not during the day since I can't access them.

The above link is the link that always comes up for U1. I hope they work for you.

I will say this about the U1 story. I did some research on this last night, and what I found is that this story has been spun so far right and so far left that I can understand where a person would have a hard time with it. Depending on what you want to believe, you can find a plethora of articles that agree with you, either way. Same with most political subjects. The truth is out there. Good luck recognizing it when you find it.

I will say this about the U1 story. I did some research on this last night, and what I found is that this story has been spun so far right and so far left that I can understand where a person would have a hard time with it. Depending on what you want to believe, you can find a plethora of articles that agree with you, either way. Same with most political subjects. The truth is out there. Good luck recognizing it when you find it.

I agree with this completely. I usually just keep finding the same things over and over. I've given up on trying to find the absolute truth in pretty much anything these days. Doesn't seem to be important at the present time either.

What is "truth"?

LANNY DAVIS: MICHAEL COHEN ‘NEVER WENT TO PRAGUE’ AS STEELE DOSSIER CLAIMS

Michael Cohen’s lawyer dropped a bombshell on Wednesday, saying that Cohen has not been to Prague

-The Steele dossier alleges that Cohen traveled to Prague during the campaign to collude with Russians

-But Cohen lawyer Lanny Davis says that the dossier allegations are “false”

http://dailycaller.com/2018/08/22/lanny-davis-michael-cohen-prague/

I have the answer.

Without evidence of a crime, why don't we appoint a Special Counsel, based off of hearsay evidence, with carte blanche to investigate anything, with any resources necessary. They can start by raiding the law offices of the Clinton Foundation's and Bill and Hillary's personal attorneys, removing all records dating back 20 years. The FBI should then raid the Clinton's residences in the middle of the night, confiscating everything related to records dating back 30 years. If anything , at all, implicates former President Obama, he should be subjected to the same treatment. Same for Lynch, Holder, Rice, etc.

That seems to be the way we do things nowadays.

Please read the entire Snopes piece 83. The US Sec State exerts huge influence on political and regulatory decision making.

At the least, Hillary ought to have recused herself because of the appearance of conflict.

Anti Money Laundering laws force layered transactions on those capable of international dealings. Please be clear: Uranium 1 asked for and got US government approval and intervention in foreign transactions when spouses of US government officials received significant financial benefit.
It should not matter what those people's names are. This clear quid quo pro end run around objectivity places the decision-making of US officials in a highly questionable light.
If the last names involved were "Smith", then DOJ should be asked to investigate.
Because the last name was Clinton, involving former POTUS, candidate for POTUS and a sitting SecState, the clear need for ensuring that nothing untoward happened was simply ignored. This is alone is a breach of trust between the government and the people.
That their may have been actual wrongdoing, or even the appearance of high level wrongdoing, means all those concerned clearly do not have respect for the offices they hold/held/sought.

Please read the entire Snopes piece 83. The US Sec State exerts huge influence on political and regulatory decision making.

At the least, Hillary ought to have recused herself because of the appearance of conflict.

Anti Money Laundering laws force layered transactions on those capable of international dealings. Please be clear: Uranium 1 asked for and got US government approval and intervention in foreign transactions when spouses of US government officials received significant financial benefit.
It should not matter what those people's names are. This clear quid quo pro end run around objectivity places the decision-making of US officials in a highly questionable light.
If the last names involved were "Smith", then DOJ should be asked to investigate.
Because the last name was Clinton, involving former POTUS, candidate for POTUS and a sitting SecState, the clear need for ensuring that nothing untoward happened was simply ignored. This is alone is a breach of trust between the government and the people.
That their may have been actual wrongdoing, or even the appearance of high level wrongdoing, means all those concerned clearly do not have respect for the offices they hold/held/sought.

I can agree with that. I can also agree that she or the Clintons in general aren't scandal free - I think we can agree it would be impossible to find any politician scandal free. The U1 story has just been overplayed and over explained. She's also been under investigations by republicans that have gone on for years that produced nothing. That's my point. If we're going with the "your last name has to be Clinton" and don't use that same argument for trump, then that's just hypocritical. Trump is whining consistently over an investigation that's been going on for 18 months (by republicans) that's finding crimes along the way, as investigations do. I'm tired of hearing about it. If you're innocent, act like it and let the investigation run its course. If you're telling the truth, then you shouldn't be worried about a perjury trap. I can bet no one on the "right" wanted the Hillary investigations rushed, and they weren't. If you think the Clintons are crooked and think trump is just a poor victim of circumstances, there's nothing more that can be said. Neither side is ever going to agree on this.

Trump must feel the walls are closing in, tweeting this **** out at 1:10 am. When will they come for him in the long, white lab coats and drag this crazy fool out of the WH?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">NO COLLUSION - RIGGED WITCH HUNT!</p>— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1032495180530835456?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 23, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I can agree with that. I can also agree that she or the Clintons in general aren't scandal free - I think we can agree it would be impossible to find any politician scandal free. The U1 story has just been overplayed and over explained. She's also been under investigations by republicans that have gone on for years that produced nothing. That's my point. If we're going with the "your last name has to be Clinton" and don't use that same argument for trump, then that's just hypocritical. Trump is whining consistently over an investigation that's been going on for 18 months (by republicans) that's finding crimes along the way, as investigations do. I'm tired of hearing about it. If you're innocent, act like it and let the investigation run its course. If you're telling the truth, then you shouldn't be worried about a perjury trap. I can bet no one on the "right" wanted the Hillary investigations rushed, and they weren't. If you think the Clintons are crooked and think trump is just a poor victim of circumstances, there's nothing more that can be said. Neither side is ever going to agree on this.
ok. I am not sure that I know of any formal investigations into Hillary Clinton at all, or Bill Clinton since the impeachment process when he was POTUS ( which was a political attack...not dissimilar to the one ongoing with the President now).

Can you educate me on the Hillary investigations?

Sent from my SM-N950W using Steeler Nation mobile app

ok. I am not sure that I know of any formal investigations into Hillary Clinton at all, or Bill Clinton since the impeachment process when he was POTUS ( which was a political attack...not dissimilar to the one ongoing with the President now).

I'm talking about Benghazi and the email investigations. Should there have been others...don't know, maybe, but she's a private citizen now so kinda doesn't matter at this point, except to the GOP who just continue to look for distractions with the email mantra. Not really sure why she's still being talked about other than the "look over there and not here" reason. It should by no means be used as a deflection from the current investigation of a sitting president at all...like Bill's who was guilty perjury. Since I can't remember specific details, I'll have to investigate what if any deflections were being used to undermine that investigation of a sitting president at that time.

BTW always a pleasure to converse with you Confluence - I look forward to heading to the football forum as soon as the regular season starts. Hopefully we can carry on about a great successful season. Can't take this preseason crap...especially if it's a sign of how the defense is going to play.

BTW always a pleasure to converse with you Confluence - I look forward to heading to the football forum as soon as the regular season starts. Hopefully we can carry on about a great successful season. Can't take this preseason crap...especially if it's a sign of how the defense is going to play.
likewise!

every one has an opinion in preseason, and very little actually matters; just like the draft, the only thing that really matters is game performance. can't wait for week 1, so everyone here will pile on Tomlin rather than each other.

On the Clinton email investigations, those were the ones that the FBI (Comey) morphed into Russia election issues, right?

I know there were actual Congressional hearings on Libya and the great many mistakes. Funny how the biggest issue in Libya was the amazingly inconsistent and destructive US foreign policy over decades--and that never got discussed.

likewise!

every one has an opinion in preseason, and very little actually matters; just like the draft, the only thing that really matters is game performance. can't wait for week 1, so everyone here will pile on Tomlin rather than each other.

On the Clinton email investigations, those were the ones that the FBI (Comey) morphed into Russia election issues, right?

I know there were actual Congressional hearings on Libya and the great many mistakes. Funny how the biggest issue in Libya was the amazingly inconsistent and destructive US foreign policy over decades--and that never got discussed.

Not sure..good Lord stop making me think while I'm at work lol. I hate when that happens.

39887038_10157650923589112_3921461271899144192_n.jpg

Not really sure why she's still being talked about other than the "look over there and not here" reason. It should by no means be used as a deflection from the current investigation of a sitting president at all...like Bill's who was guilty perjury.

The IG is currently looking into law infractions during the handling of the Hilary email probe, not only from her culpability, but also the way the investigation was handled by the FBI and DOJ. Laws may have been broken, but covered up. You would want those who broke those laws to be brought to justice.....right? Shouldn't there be consequences for those that broke the law, while being tasked to enforce and uphold the law? And isn't it interesting how the same people implicated in the email scandal are the same people who launched the Russian collusion investigation? Wow, what a coincidence.

The IG is currently looking into law infractions during the handling of the Hilary email probe, not only from her culpability, but also the way the investigation was handled by the FBI and DOJ. Laws may have been broken, but covered up. You would want those who broke those laws to be brought to justice.....right? Shouldn't there be consequences for those that broke the law, while being tasked to enforce and uphold the law? And isn't it interesting how the same people implicated in the email scandal are the same people who launched the Russian collusion investigation? Wow, what a coincidence.

This would be true including the here and now. It should be to you as well.

Seems like Sessions is looking to get fired right around now. Here's his statement in response to Trump's claim on FoxNews that he never took control of the Justice Department:

DlTNvCUU0AE9kPS.jpg:large

"The DOJ will not be improperly influenced by political considerations?" Damn, a shot across the bow. Trump won't take this sitting down.

Also, his statement about the 'most talented, dedicated law enforcement investigators and prosecutors' seems to be a powerful defense and show of support of Rod Rosenstein and, yes, Robert Mueller.

Last edited:
Seems like Sessions is looking to get fired right around now. Here's is his statement in response to Trump's claim on FoxNews that he never took control of the Justice Department:

DlTNvCUU0AE9kPS.jpg:large

"The DOJ will not be improperly influenced by political considerations?" Damn, a shot across the bow. Trump won't take this sitting down.

STOP... just stop talking about current events. We're discussing Hillary's emails for the 10,320th time!! You know, the ONLY reason trump is being investigated because, you know, he's a good boy who has done nothing wrong and has never asked Russia for anything other than "Russia, if you can find the missing emails..." oh those pesky emails.

Disclaimer - I like discussing with Confluence and this is in no means directed to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.