• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

And it Begins:Special Prosecutor To Investigate Trump And Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL! I love this place!

So, let me get this straight: It doesn’t matter that Cohen was Trump’s lawyer, what matters is that Lanny Davis is Cohen’s lawyer.

You bunch of tortured souls!

Have you fact checked your uranium one theory? At all? I read a lot of conspiracy theories from the right. That's all I need to say.

Here is one from the NY Times.
Oh, and the Tarmac meeting was coincidental. Right?

Here is one from the NY Times.
Oh, and the Tarmac meeting was coincidental. Right?

Can't see anything from the NY Times here, or any links at the present time.

As far as the Tarmac meeting -

WHAT'S TRUE
On behalf of the U.S. government, Robert Mueller delivered a sample of highly enriched uranium confiscated from smugglers in Georgia to Russian authorities for forensic examination in 2009.

WHAT'S FALSE
There was nothing nefarious in the transfer of the ten-gram sample, which was done at the request of Russian law enforcement and with the consent of the government of Georgia, whose agents had participated in its confiscation.

ORIGIN
In May and June 2017, a number of hyperpartisan news and opinion web sites published articles reporting that former Federal Bureau of Investigation director Robert Mueller, who in mid-May was named special counsel in the Justice Department’s investigation into alleged ties between the Trump presidential campaign and Russian officials, was himself enmeshed in “secret dealings” with Russia related to his 2009 delivery of a sample of highly enriched uranium (HEU) to Moscow ordered by Hillary Clinton.

The conspiracy web site Intellihub noted that the transfer was revealed in a WikiLeaks release of a classified State Department cable:

This is just part of one of a few fact checks. I'm not on my personal computer or I would post the entire link. It's a very interesting read.

I have no idea with this has to do with Mueller. It has everything to do with donations from U1 Russian players to the Clinton Foundation. Oh hell, probably just a coincidence.

I have no idea with this has to do with Mueller. It has everything to do with donations from U1 Russian players to the Clinton Foundation. Oh hell, probably just a coincidence.

When you fact check tarmac meeting, the whole origin from beginning to end appears. I couldn't post the entire link, therefore only the beginning came up. Mueller's name was in it, all apart of the whole oh so secret tarmac meeting lol.

I think you guys are talking about two different tarmac meetings

I think you guys are talking about two different tarmac meetings

They are. Uranium One and the tarmac meeting between Bill Clinton and then AG Loretta Lynch are different issues/events.

And as far as Uranium One and the scandal, this from the uber-liberal NYTimes:

Cash Flowed to Clinton Foundation Amid Russian Uranium Deal

The headline on the website Pravda trumpeted President Vladimir V. Putin’s latest coup, its nationalistic fervor recalling an era when its precursor served as the official mouthpiece of the Kremlin: “Russian Nuclear Energy Conquers the World.”

The article, in January 2013, detailed how the Russian atomic energy agency, Rosatom, had taken over a Canadian company with uranium-mining stakes stretching from Central Asia to the American West. The deal made Rosatom one of the world’s largest uranium producers and brought Mr. Putin closer to his goal of controlling much of the global uranium supply chain.

But the untold story behind that story is one that involves not just the Russian president, but also a former American president and a woman who would like to be the next one.

At the heart of the tale are several men, leaders of the Canadian mining industry, who have been major donors to the charitable endeavors of former President Bill Clinton and his family. Members of that group built, financed and eventually sold off to the Russians a company that would become known as Uranium One.

Beyond mines in Kazakhstan that are among the most lucrative in the world, the sale gave the Russians control of one-fifth of all uranium production capacity in the United States. Since uranium is considered a strategic asset, with implications for national security, the deal had to be approved by a committee composed of representatives from a number of United States government agencies. Among the agencies that eventually signed off was the State Department, then headed by Mr. Clinton’s wife, Hillary Rodham Clinton.

As the Russians gradually assumed control of Uranium One in three separate transactions from 2009 to 2013, Canadian records show, a flow of cash made its way to the Clinton Foundation. Uranium One’s chairman used his family foundation to make four donations totaling $2.35 million. Those contributions were not publicly disclosed by the Clintons, despite an agreement Mrs. Clinton had struck with the Obama White House to publicly identify all donors. Other people with ties to the company made donations as well.

And shortly after the Russians announced their intention to acquire a majority stake in Uranium One, Mr. Clinton received $500,000 for a Moscow speech from a Russian investment bank with links to the Kremlin that was promoting Uranium One stock.

At the time, both Rosatom and the United States government made promises intended to ease concerns about ceding control of the company’s assets to the Russians. Those promises have been repeatedly broken, records show.

The New York Times’s examination of the Uranium One deal is based on dozens of interviews, as well as a review of public records and securities filings in Canada, Russia and the United States. Some of the connections between Uranium One and the Clinton Foundation were unearthed by Peter Schweizer, a former fellow at the right-leaning Hoover Institution and author of the forthcoming book “Clinton Cash.” Mr. Schweizer provided a preview of material in the book to The Times, which scrutinized his information and built upon it with its own reporting.

Whether the donations played any role in the approval of the uranium deal is unknown. But the episode underscores the special ethical challenges presented by the Clinton Foundation, headed by a former president who relied heavily on foreign cash to accumulate $250 million in assets even as his wife helped steer American foreign policy as secretary of state, presiding over decisions with the potential to benefit the foundation’s donors.

In a statement, Brian Fallon, a spokesman for Mrs. Clinton’s presidential campaign, said no one “has ever produced a shred of evidence supporting the theory that Hillary Clinton ever took action as secretary of state to support the interests of donors to the Clinton Foundation.” He emphasized that multiple United States agencies, as well as the Canadian government, had signed off on the deal and that, in general, such matters were handled at a level below the secretary. “To suggest the State Department, under then-Secretary Clinton, exerted undue influence in the U.S. government’s review of the sale of Uranium One is utterly baseless,” he added.

American political campaigns are barred from accepting foreign donations. But foreigners may give to foundations in the United States. In the days since Mrs. Clinton announced her candidacy for president, the Clinton Foundation has announced changes meant to quell longstanding concerns about potential conflicts of interest in such donations; it has limited donations from foreign governments, with many, like Russia’s, barred from giving to all but its health care initiatives. That policy stops short of a more stringent agreement between Mrs. Clinton and the Obama administration that was in effect while she was secretary of state.

Either way, the Uranium One deal highlights the limits of such prohibitions. The foundation will continue to accept contributions from foreign sources whose interests, like Uranium One’s, may overlap with those of foreign governments, some of which may be at odds with the United States.

When the Uranium One deal was approved, the geopolitical backdrop was far different from today’s. The Obama administration was seeking to “reset” strained relations with Russia. The deal was strategically important to Mr. Putin, who shortly after the Americans gave their blessing sat down for a staged interview with Rosatom’s chief executive, Sergei Kiriyenko. “Few could have imagined in the past that we would own 20 percent of U.S. reserves,” Mr. Kiriyenko told Mr. Putin.

Now, after Russia’s annexation of Crimea and aggression in Ukraine, the Moscow-Washington relationship is devolving toward Cold War levels, a point several experts made in evaluating a deal so beneficial to Mr. Putin, a man known to use energy resources to project power around the world.

“Should we be concerned? Absolutely,” said Michael McFaul, who served under Mrs. Clinton as the American ambassador to Russia but said he had been unaware of the Uranium One deal until asked about it. “Do we want Putin to have a monopoly on this? Of course we don’t. We don’t want to be dependent on Putin for anything in this climate.”

TIMELINE:

SEPTEMBER 2005

Frank Giustra, a Canadian mining financier, wins a major uranium deal in Kazakhstan for his company, UrAsia, days after visiting the country with former President Bill Clinton.

Mr. Giustra donates $31.3 million to the Clinton Foundation.

FEBRUARY 2007

UrAsia merges with a South African mining company and assumes the name Uranium One. In the next two months, the company expands into the United States.

JUNE 2008

Negotations begin for an investment in Uranium One by the Russian atomic energy agency, Rosatom.

2008-2010

Uranium One and former UrAsia investors make $8.65 million in donations to the Clinton Foundation. Uranium One investors stand to profit on a Rosatom deal.

JUNE 2009

Rosatom subsidiary ARMZ takes a 17 percent ownership stake in Uranium One.

2010-2011

Investors give millions more in donations to the Clinton Foundation.

JUNE 2010

Rosatom seeks majority ownership of Uranium One, pending approval by the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States, of which the State Department is a member. Rosatom says it does not plan to increase its stake in Uranium One or to take the company private.

JUNE 29, 2010

Bill Clinton is paid $500,000 for a speech in Moscow by a Russian investment bank with ties to the Kremlin that assigned a buy rating to Uranium One stock.

OCTOBER 2010

Rosatom’s majority ownership approved by Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States.

JANUARY 2013

Rosatom takes full control of Uranium One and takes it private.

-------------------------

So we know from this that in fact the Clintons took personal $$ from the Russians while giving Putin a greater share of the world's Uranium.

Nothing to see here though, right?? This isn't collusion. Of course not.

Last edited:
So lets just pit this out there.....

The DOJ literally went into an investigation with what is known to be unconfirmed unvetted and in some parts factually false information. This led to warrents that led to an investigation into collusion that led to crimes being uncovered that had no real correlation to the investigation and now plea deals from those unrelated crimes may incriminate the president... all stemming from a political agenda piece meant to tear down a candidate and influence an election that was gathered by a known foreign spy and paid for by a political party ..... but thats ok cause the ends justify the means....unless of course you are the other party... cause even if they looked into if a foriegn agent having factual dirt on the other candidate or the party actually proven to be rigging an election ... that’s unacceptable because the ends doesn’t justify the exact same means... cause hypocrisy is prevalent here...

All of the centrist news sites ( non fox or cnn politically charged propaganda news sites) are worried more about what means are being used here... we are stretching into constitutionally questionable territory and its going to divide the country worse because I cannot see any end here that doesn’t infuriate 30-40% of the population... all this to maybe win a few seats in the house or senate...

Again if the Steele dossier is proven false, everything that comes afterward can probably get thrown out...

That said, it is astonishing how one man could surround himself with so many criminals

It is astonishing how a man can go on a presidential run surrounded by criminals on every level. Trump is one shady ************. Amazing to see his supporters are willing to go down with him, flailing their arms and screaming from rooftops the entire way.

39846736_1972214432839322_4170663112728379392_n.png

...and still a complete absence of Russia collusion evidence!

Let's hear the calls for impeach impeach impeach!

more drama! will bring everyone out to vote!

FEC Chairman: Trump Lawyer’s Hush Money Is Not a Campaign Contribution

Tim, you know this has been fact checked over and over right? I mean you're gonna believe what you believe as will I. NYT has right wing articles also.

It is astonishing how a man can go on a presidential run surrounded by criminals on every level. Trump is one shady ************. Amazing to see his supporters are willing to go down with him, flailing their arms and screaming from rooftops the entire way.

39846736_1972214432839322_4170663112728379392_n.png

Says a guy that was a partisan hack, appointed by Obama, fired by the Jeff Sessions for insubordination. Yeah, he doesn't have a political axe to grind.
Why anyone would be surprised by this kind of statement lives in the lefty lala land.

Tim, you know this has been fact checked over and over right? I mean you're gonna believe what you believe as will I. NYT has right wing articles also.

This is Tim you're dealing with. Hope you're in it for the long haul trying to get through to him.

bad8zVf.gif

I see that Lanny Davis spent the morning on all of the usual suspect news shows,, walking back the comments he made yesterday. But he did honorably hock the new Go Fund Me website so Michael Cohen can "continue telling the truth". WTF does that mean? You can't make the **** up.

hahahahahaha

Cohen attorney jeered on NBC after soliciting GoFundMe donations

Lanny Davis: "Could I just take one opportunity to remind everyone that Michael Cohen has suffered a tragic and difficult experience with his family?"

"He’s without resources and we’ve set up a website called michaelcohentruth.com that we’re hoping that he will get some help from the American people so that he can continue to tell the truth?"

The comments drew jeers from the live audience

"The audience, I don’t know if they are ready to donate, Lanny"

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/4...ed-on-nbc-after-soliciting-gofundme-donations

Cohen attorney jeered on NBC after soliciting GoFundMe donations
Yeah nobody feels sorry for shady Trump's shady lawyer. He's a scoundrel that broke multiple laws over the years to please his (mob) boss. Now he's trying to save his own skin turning on the Donald. The fact is, he knows where the bodies are buried, I hope Mueller squeezes every last detail out of his pathetic ***.

Another nothing burger!

hahahahahaha

Pelosi says impeachment 'not a priority' after Cohen's guilty plea

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Wednesday said impeaching President Trump is "not a priority," despite Michael Cohen's guilty plea to campaign finance violations

"Impeachment has to spring from something else," Pelosi, who has long downplayed the possibility of impeachment, told The Associated Press.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...-not-a-priority?amp&__twitter_impression=true

So lets just pit this out there.....

The DOJ literally went into an investigation with what is known to be unconfirmed unvetted and in some parts factually false information. This led to warrents that led to an investigation into collusion that led to crimes being uncovered that had no real correlation to the investigation and now plea deals from those unrelated crimes may incriminate the president... all stemming from a political agenda piece meant to tear down a candidate and influence an election that was gathered by a known foreign spy and paid for by a political party ..... but thats ok cause the ends justify the means....unless of course you are the other party... cause even if they looked into if a foriegn agent having factual dirt on the other candidate or the party actually proven to be rigging an election ... that’s unacceptable because the ends doesn’t justify the exact same means... cause hypocrisy is prevalent here...

All of the centrist news sites ( non fox or cnn politically charged propaganda news sites) are worried more about what means are being used here... we are stretching into constitutionally questionable territory and its going to divide the country worse because I cannot see any end here that doesn’t infuriate 30-40% of the population... all this to maybe win a few seats in the house or senate...

Again if the Steele dossier is proven false, everything that comes afterward can probably get thrown out...

q-f-t-quoted-for-truth-77738447.jpg

This is Tim you're dealing with. Hope you're in it for the long haul trying to get through to him.

bad8zVf.gif

LOL nah...not going there at all. So many fact checks, but I've learned facts don't matter much, so I'll just go with what I've read and not fight about it lol.

Another nothing burger!

hahahahahaha

Pelosi says impeachment 'not a priority' after Cohen's guilty plea

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Wednesday said impeaching President Trump is "not a priority," despite Michael Cohen's guilty plea to campaign finance violations

"Impeachment has to spring from something else," Pelosi, who has long downplayed the possibility of impeachment, told The Associated Press.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...-not-a-priority?amp&__twitter_impression=true

Again its a can of worms no politician wants opened lol... this is a commonplace occurance being twisted to fit a political agenda... but hey if they do root out 60% of the entrenched ******** to get trump im fine with that lol

Again its a can of worms no politician wants opened lol... this is a commonplace occurance being twisted to fit a political agenda... but hey if they do root out 60% of the entrenched ******** to get trump im fine with that lol
They are the entrenched ********.

Status
Not open for further replies.