• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

And it Begins:Special Prosecutor To Investigate Trump And Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I don’t like about mueller is how in his cases he uses specifically phrased terminology to push his greater goals... im sure others do this too, but its how laws get out of hand.... he is phrasing everything to get a criminal conspiracy charge based on shady politics... in the manafort case he was screwed if he lost, but even his win didn’t get the more liberal stretches he was charging him with to get towards racketeering and conspiracy...

Its like with news since the 90’s... its all spun so badly.... it gets annoying if you dont play for one of the parties

Tim, you know this has been fact checked over and over right? I mean you're gonna believe what you believe as will I. NYT has right wing articles also.

Did Mr. Giustra donate $31.3 million to the Clinton Foundation?
Did Uranium One and former UrAsia investors make $8.65 million in donations to the Clinton Foundation?
Did investors give millions more in donations to the Clinton Foundation after this (hundreds)?
Was Bill Clinton is paid $500,000 for a speech in Moscow by a Russian investment bank with ties to the Kremlin that assigned a buy rating to Uranium One stock?
Can and do the Clintons amass personal wealth through their foundation? Whoops: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...tons-wealth-tied-clinton-foundation/92842822/
Is it a conflict of interest if you are Secretary of State and your personal foundation takes in hundreds of millions of $$ from the very country you are working to broker a deal with?

Fact check that. I'll wait.

We have direct evidence that the Clintons colluded with Russia, even profited from their collusion. That the Dems paid a foreign entity to drum up lies in order to get tainted FISA warrants to attack a political opponent. We know the DNC rigged the primary for Hillary, influencing our election.

NONE of this collusion and interfering with a political election matters to Liberals. None. Despite the evidence....because they are protecting their own and turning a willful, shameful blind eye.

But the "suspicion" that Trump "May" have colluded with the Russians? By god we must go to war over that....

Last edited:
Yeah nobody feels sorry for shady Trump's shady lawyer. He's a scoundrel that broke multiple laws over the years to please his (mob) boss. Now he's trying to save his own skin turning on the Donald. The fact is, he knows where the bodies are buried, I hope Mueller squeezes every last detail out of his pathetic ***.

I hope it is going to involve Russians for a change. If not, let's appoint a special counsel to investigate every member of Congress. If witch hunts, without crimes are okay, expanding them to every member of Congress would be Better!

I hope it is going to involve Russians for a change. If not, let's appoint a special counsel to investigate every member of Congress. If witch hunts, without crimes are okay, expanding them to every member of Congress would be Better!
This isn't a witch hunt, this is a round up. A round up of criminals who've surrounded Trump on every level, some for over a decade. Keep telling youself it's a witch hunt. Maybe when it's all over it'll dawn on you that hey, maybe these weren't the finest people in the world.

This isn't a witch hunt, this is a round up. A round up of criminals who've surrounded Trump on every level, some for over a decade. Keep telling youself it's a witch hunt. Maybe when it's all over it'll dawn on you that hey, maybe these weren't the finest people in the world.

Keep telling yourself it's not a witch hunt. I have proof. My proof was given to me when they swamp rats started the impeachment plans .0000001 second after Trump was elected. There was no rhyme. There was no reason. There was only irrational hatred jealousy and panic over losing their stronghold on everything. Everyone with half a brain can see that.

Keep telling yourself it's not a witch hunt. I have proof. My proof was given to me when they swamp rats started the impeachment plans .0000001 second after Trump was elected.

Don't let facts get in your way.

July 2016: The FBI opens a counterintelligence investigation into links between the Trump campaign and the Russian government. Republican members of the House Intelligence Committee later confirmed that information from Papadopoulos triggered the investigation.

The Russia investigation and Donald Trump: a timeline from on-the-record sources
https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-...-investigation-donald-trump-timeline-updated/

While Trump certainly has his many warts, do you actually think Politicians are typically fine people? They're some of most conniving, power-hungry & cut-throat people in the world. Like hamster said, if they investigated Congress like they're investigating this President, the prison system might explode. I mean, look at what the alternative POTUS could've been. Do you think she's a fine person?

I wonder if Lindsey Graham still feels this strongly about impeachement. What's changed since then?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Every reporter must now ask <a href="https://twitter.com/LindseyGrahamSC?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@LindseyGrahamSC</a> if he still believes in the standard he set for removing a president in the impeachment of Bill Clinton <a href="https://t.co/kbF7guFjm7">pic.twitter.com/kbF7guFjm7</a></p>— Lawrence O'Donnell (@Lawrence) <a href="https://twitter.com/Lawrence/status/1032105596810612736?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 22, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

uOijyZT.png

I have to interject this thought before we continue...sorry Tibsy !

WSCi8p7.png

oneforthebus- you might want to check what Cohen’s lawyer Lanny Davis said tonight about Cohen being ready, willing and able to testify against Trump in the Russian probe. Perhaps it will shed some light on how this all ties in.

Tibs- you might want to check out what former SEC chief had to say....

“Payments used to silence people who have potentially damaging information on a political candidate cannot be classified as a campaign contribution, according to the former chairman of the Federal Election Commission (FEC), Bradley Smith. ‘Not everything that might benefit a candidate is a campaign expense,’ Smith wrote in an editorial for the Wall Street Journal.

“Personal debts, for example, are ‘related to’ the campaign—if unpaid, the candidate’s reputation might suffer, Bradley wrote. ‘A Rolex watch, a new suit, or a haircut might help a candidate look good on the trail. … If paying hush money is a campaign expense, a candidate would be required to make that payment with campaign funds.'

“Cohen’s payment to the woman who claims to have had an affair with Trump would have to be paid with campaign funds if it is to be viewed as a campaign contribution. But paying someone to keep silent about an alleged extramarital affair is not an expense solely related to a campaign, Bradley explained. ‘There are many reasons, including personal and commercial ones, why Mr. Trump might want to keep allegations of extramarital affairs out of the press,’ Bradley wrote.”

Furthermore this payment to Stormy Daniels was made Oct. 27. The election was less than 2 weeks later.

Any half wit could deduce that this payment would have had zero impact on the campaign. Why cant you?

Last edited:
Again, for the 3rd or 4th time - if we are going to appoint 15 lawyers to investigate every activity of a politician dating back 5, 10, 15, 20 years, and go after associates for matters that did not interest the DOJ before appointment of the special counsel and that are completely unrelated to the very reason the special counsel is appointed, have at it.

For all these filthy, lying thieves.

You think Joe Biden can explain his multi-million dollar house on a Congressional salary? Or Pelosi her wall-protected vineyards? Or Feinstein her multi-million dollar homes and exorbitant travel expenses?

Investigate all of them - every last ******* one of them.

But no, of course not, uncovering the slime that occupies Congress and rooting out the source of their ill-begotten wealth does not get Trump out of office, so nobody gives a ****.

Patience gerbil the witch hunt has netted many witches so far .

All that's left is to get the head witch which now is an unindicted co-conspirator involved in federal crimes.

And that is just scratching the surface....tick.....tock....tick.....tock.

Trump, Sessions, Miller, Bannon, etc.

ALL racists. These ARE the finest people to the alt-right on this board Tibs.

That's why you see the pathetic attempts to justify their existence and position through what I call "immoral relativism"

I.E. " All politicians are corrupt..therefore leave Trump alone."

LMAO.......yeah they may be, but how many are traitors by being a puppet of a sworn enemy?

I thought so.......

Uranium One is solidly proven. I believe the so called fact checkers have claimed it disproven using some sleight of hand. I think they hang their hat on it it being sold to a private company (with Pution on the board of trustees) that was only later taken over by the Russian government and on that shaky basis, the free pass was given to Hillary.

Oh, and with a straight face, they say that it would be illegal to remove uranium from the USA so there's no way Russia could ever do that.

I believe those are the silly arguments used to give Clinton a pass.

Patience gerbil the witch hunt has netted many witches so far .

All that's left is to get the head witch which now is an unindicted co-conspirator involved in federal crimes.

And that is just scratching the surface....tick.....tock....tick.....tock.

The gerbil waits. And nothing happens to your President. Nothing. The gerbil waits. How much longer?

Don't let facts get in your way.

He said the impeachment plans started the second Trump was elected, so if you want to be a smartass, have your facts straight -- somebody can't be impeached if they've yet to be elected.

I believe elfie stole the "gerbil" line from me, by the way, after I accused her of "gerbiling."

I think it is a reference to gays sticking gerbils up their ***** for enjoyment. Gerbils don't have a PR branch disputing such claims.

I've always wondered why I get a strange, sinking feeling that I'm in a pro-Trump echo chamber here at SN.

Going back ten or so pages of the 4,432 total of this thread, here are the highlights of the discussion regarding Trump & the special counsel investigation, including criminal charges against his campaign manager, foreign policy advisor and his personal lawyer. I'm not sure what it means exactly. Maybe there's a little bit of diversion going on? Maybe at some point we'll begin discussing the investigation into this president and those closest to him? Not saying we should do that now, maybe in a few years, when you guys are ready.
You forgot me:

Tibs=********

Sent from my SM-G950U using Steeler Nation mobile app

What do Trump's actions - and those of his closest advisors - have anything to do with past administrations? I simply don't see the connection. These people have pled guilty, or have been found guilty of federal criminal offenses. These people were working closely with Trump, as close as you can get. You're suggesting their actions were somehow connected to - or spurred on by - the actions of previous administrations?
Dipshit,

If you can say that the past crimes of the Clintons and the Obama regime don't matter with regard to Trump, then how do the past crimes of anyone matter?

You just want to pock and choose, because that suits your Facebook/politics

From the horse's mouth.
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Cohen lawyer Lanny Davis says Michael Cohen has info for Mueller on <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TrumpRussia?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#TrumpRussia</a>: "Mr. Cohen has knowledge on certain subjects that should be of interest to the special counsel and is more than happy to tell the special counsel all that he knows." <a href="https://t.co/ImVPY5npbZ">pic.twitter.com/ImVPY5npbZ</a></p>— #MarchForTruth (@MarchForTruth17) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarchForTruth17/status/1032085423844220931?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 22, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Frankly, I don't see anything funny at all regarding this situation.
Tibs,

She is trying to be polite. She means that you are being liberally disingenuous with your bullshit posturing from Facebook.

Status
Not open for further replies.