• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

And it Begins:Special Prosecutor To Investigate Trump And Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the most frustrating thing I have with Tibs right now is the revisionist history of all our so-called "decent and honest" prior elected officials that he seems to now hold in such high esteem because Trump is now in office.

None of them were "decent and honest". And by God, the other choice we had last election (Hillary Clinton) wasn't even CLOSE to those things.

There are two issues Tibs doesn't seem to get. First, why we voted for Trump in the first place. I don't know how that can be any more obvious: he was an outsider (fact), promised to shake things up (happening), and ran on a Nationalist/Conservative platform that was a) harder on immigration, b) harder on trade negotiations and c) business friendly (i.e. less government in that sector). He was also running against very unlikable candidates that were all Washington "elites" from the get go.

Second, he doesn't seem to understand many's current support of him while in office. And I think that's pretty obvious too. He's not getting a fair shake. The more he's attacked for (sometimes) the stupidest things. The more the media acts like everything he does is the next "sky is falling" moment or end of civilization as we know it. The more they cry wolf and snarkly put down his supporters. The more people like me get pissed off and dig my heels in even harder to support the man.

I've said this many times. If it wasn't for all the attacks and sarcastic comments all over media/hollywood/social media, I might not care as much as I do. But in a lot of ways this debate has gotten personal. My character is being attacked by people like Tibs that think "no intelligent, logical human being" should be supporting Trump right now. I find that extremely degrading. And Tibs isn't alone in that thinking. It's everywhere.

There is a silent majority. I talk to more and more people and when in private or over a beer, they like what's happening to our country. They don't nearly "hate" Trump like the media portrays them (even those that didn't vote for him).

Trump is not a good person. No one will ever convince me that he is or ever will be. In my opinion, he is doing the right things for the nation, and he has my support in that regard.

I think the most frustrating thing I have with Tibs right now is the revisionist history of all our so-called "decent and honest" prior elected officials that he seems to now hold in such high esteem because Trump is now in office.

None of them were "decent and honest". And by God, the other choice we had last election (Hillary Clinton) wasn't even CLOSE to those things.

There are two issues Tibs doesn't seem to get. First, why we voted for Trump in the first place. I don't know how that can be any more obvious: he was an outsider (fact), promised to shake things up (happening), and ran on a Nationalist/Conservative platform that was a) harder on immigration, b) harder on trade negotiations and c) business friendly (i.e. less government in that sector). He was also running against very unlikable candidates that were all Washington "elites" from the get go.

Second, he doesn't seem to understand many's current support of him while in office. And I think that's pretty obvious too. He's not getting a fair shake. The more he's attacked for (sometimes) the stupidest things. The more the media acts like everything he does is the next "sky is falling" moment or end of civilization as we know it. The more they cry wolf and snarkly put down his supporters. The more people like me get pissed off and dig my heels in even harder to support the man.

I've said this many times. If it wasn't for all the attacks and sarcastic comments all over media/hollywood/social media, I might not care as much as I do. But in a lot of ways this debate has gotten personal. My character is being attacked by people like Tibs that think "no intelligent, logical human being" should be supporting Trump right now. I find that extremely degrading. And Tibs isn't alone in that thinking. It's everywhere.

There is a silent majority. I talk to more and more people and when in private or over a beer, they like what's happening to our country. They don't nearly "hate" Trump like the media portrays them (even those that didn't vote for him).

You sir, have won the coveted

****POST OF THE MONTH****
AWARD

Racist!

Balls to the wall!

Off to the races!

Go get em!

PRESIDENT TRUMP Goes on Offense: Calls on FISA Judge to Call in Comey, Rosenstein & Press Criminal Charges

President Trump: “Ohr told the FBI it (the Fake Dossier) wasn’t true, it was a lie and the FBI was determined to use it anyway to damage Trump and to perpetrate a fraud on the court to spy on the Trump campaign. This is a fraud on the court. The Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court is in charge of the FISA court. He should direct the Presiding Judge, Rosemary Collier, to hold a hearing, haul all of these people from the DOJ & FBI in there, & if she finds there were crimes committed, and there were, there should be a criminal referral by her….”

"Rasmussen_Poll just came out at 48% approval rate despite the constant and intense Fake News. Higher than Election Day and higher than President Obama. Rasmussen was one of the most accurate Election Day polls!"

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...mccabe-rosenstein-and-press-criminal-charges/

3778468_071718-wpvi-ap-trump-airforce-one-img.jpg

Anyone who thinks there has been decency and honesty in politicians is self deluded and very very naive. Politics has always been a cesspool. People that are always going on about how Trump isn't fit to serve in office because he isn't a completely dignified human being make me laugh. I respect him more because he's an ******* to people in public as opposed to every other politician who smiles and shakes someone's hand and then behind closed doors uses every weapon in their arsenal to completely **** their life up.....like the IRS for instance. There was a guy who just left office a couple years ago who loved to do that. I'll take an out front ******* over a snake in the grass any day.

You have a good point there. If you look at it from that point of view he says what's on his mind and minces no words so he may very well be the most honest president we've had in quite some time. :)

Balls to the wall!

Off to the races!

Go get em!

PRESIDENT TRUMP Goes on Offense: Calls on FISA Judge to Call in Comey, Rosenstein & Press Criminal Charges

President Trump: “Ohr told the FBI it (the Fake Dossier) wasn’t true, it was a lie and the FBI was determined to use it anyway to damage Trump and to perpetrate a fraud on the court to spy on the Trump campaign. This is a fraud on the court. The Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court is in charge of the FISA court. He should direct the Presiding Judge, Rosemary Collier, to hold a hearing, haul all of these people from the DOJ & FBI in there, & if she finds there were crimes committed, and there were, there should be a criminal referral by her….”

"Rasmussen_Poll just came out at 48% approval rate despite the constant and intense Fake News. Higher than Election Day and higher than President Obama. Rasmussen was one of the most accurate Election Day polls!"

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...mccabe-rosenstein-and-press-criminal-charges/

3778468_071718-wpvi-ap-trump-airforce-one-img.jpg

https://youtu.be/B_3TlrZLpQ0

Trump is not a good person. No one will ever convince me that he is or ever will be. In my opinion, he is doing the right things for the nation, and he has my support in that regard.

Does he not have good intentions though?

What about the posters on this board?...are they not generally good people?...after all, most agree with and echo the sentiments of Trump.

What differentiates between the mature adult and a crybaby is that the mature adult can put aside Trumps petty transgressions, and I mean petty, and appreciate the tremendous job he is doing.
I believe you belong to the adult group Coach.

You have a good point there. If you look at it from that point of view he says what's on his mind and minces no words so he may very well be the most honest president we've had in quite some time. :)

That's exactly right imo….haven't we learned our lesson about smooth talking articulate politicians?

Trump may be the most honest president since Honest Abe....I mean he called Rosie O'Donnell a fat pig, How much more honest can you get? LOL

That's exactly right imo….haven't we learned our lesson about smooth talking articulate politicians?

Trump may be the most honest president since Honest Abe....I mean he called Rosie O'Donnell a fat pig, How much more honest can you get? LOL

Tact is not a bad thing though...

Tact doesn't work with that DC mob or it's propaganda arm, and a lot of us have been starving for some frank discussion by our politicians.

Looks like you can lean back and breathe a deep sigh of relief. Trump is out of the woods, should be cleared real soon by Mueller's report and the multiple court cases and investigations will soon go away. Thank God Trump did nothing wrong, he's been innocent this whole time. Who knew? Oh, you guys did, right here on the board. You've been proclaiming these investigations to be nothingburgers and a witch hunt brought upon by looney liberals and the MSM. Looks like you'll soon be exonerated, and can claim victory over Trump's deranged adversaries like myself. I'll be here to make sure I apologize for getting this whole thing wrong from the get go.

Gotta give credit where credit is due Tibs.

Your very own lamestream media CNN journalist hack by the name of Van Jones was the first to coin the word "nothingburger"...when he under hidden camera stated the Russian collusion story was a "nothingburger".

Remember that Tibs? If you had trusted Jones you wouldn't be in the mess you're in.

Last edited:

How do you keep the beer from getting hot?

I mean I figure you have to keep it near the light from the cross so your drunk *** can find it, but that also means it's near the heat......hmmmm.....far too complex for someone like me to figure out.

Also love the " all of the other politicians before were corrupt, so we picked the most corrupt one ever..." logic.

Yeah....that'll show em champ!

Last edited by a moderator:

I mean I figure you have to keep it near the light from the cross so your drunk *** can find it, but that also means it's near the heat......hmmmm.....far too complex for someone like me to figure out.

Also love the " all of the other politicians before were corrupt, so we picked the most corrupt one ever..." logic.

Elfie,
You are just one offensive ********.
Begone.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Steeler Nation mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

Elfie - turn your **** down a few notches or enjoy an even longer vacation.

Last edited:
List of Reagan administration convictions.

Challenged by a conservative to present evidence that Reagan ran the most corrupt administration of the 20th century, I assembled this list of convicts from Reagan's ranks.

If anybody can provide additional info, it would be appreciated. I do know there were many others convicted, but I'd like to keep it to people who were actually employed by the administration, and to crimes that were actually related to the office they served. I've never been able to find a good list online anywhere, and so I assembled this hoping to provide a resource for others as well. As far as I know, Nixon only had eight staffers convicted of crimes against their office. Clinton, of course, only had one.

"By the end of his term, 138 Reagan administration officials had been convicted, had been indicted, or had been the subject of official investigations for official misconduct and/or criminal violations. In terms of number of officials involved, the record of his administration was the worst ever."

1. Lyn Nofziger--White House Press Secretary - Convicted on charges of illegal lobbying of White House in Wedtech scandal. The lobbying would not have been illegal had he not been White House Press Secretary.

2. Michael Deaver, Reagan's Chief of Staff, received three years' probation and was fined one hundred thousand dollars after being convicted for lying to a congressional subcommittee and a federal grand jury about his lobbying activities after leaving the White House. Same as with Lyn Nofziger.

3. James Watt, Reagan's Secretary of the Interior was indicted on 41 felony counts for using connections at the Department of Housing and Urban Development to help his private clients seek federal funds for housing projects in Maryland, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. Watt conceded that he had received $500,000 from clients who were granted very favorable housing contracts after he had intervened on their behalf. Watt was eventually sentenced to five years in prison and 500 hours of community service.

4. John Poindexter, Reagan's national security advisor, guilty of five criminal counts involving conspiracy to mislead Congress, obstructing congressional inquiries, lying to lawmakers, used "high national security" to mask deceit and wrong-doing...

5. Richard Secord pleaded guilty to a felony charge of lying to Congress over Iran-Contra. Appointed by William Casey to assist Oliver North.

6. Elliott Abrams was appointed by President Reagan in 1985 to head the State Department's Latin American Bureau. He was closely linked with ex-White House aide Lt. Col. Oliver North's covert movement to aid the Contras. Working for North, Abrams coordinated inter-agency support for the contras and helped solicit illegal funding from foreign powers as well as domestic contributors. Abrams agreed to cooperate with Iran-Contra investigators and pled guilty to two charges reduced to misdemeanors. He was sentenced in 1991 to two years probation and 100 hours of community service but was pardoned by President George Bush...

7. Robert C. McFarlane, Reagan's National Security Advisor, pled guilty to four misdemeanors and was sentenced to two years probation and 200 hours of community service. He was also fined $20,000. He received a blanket pardon from President George Bush...

8. Alan D. Fiers was the Chief of the Central Intelligence Agency's Central American Task Force. Fiers pled guilty in 1991 to two counts of withholding information from congress about Oliver North's activities and the diversion of Iran arms sale money to aid the Contras. He was sentenced to one year of probation and 100 hours of community service. Alan Fiers received a blanket pardon for his crimes from President Bush...

Thomas G. Clines: convicted of four counts of tax-related offenses for failing to report income from the operations;

Carl R. Channel - Office of Public Diplomacy , partner in International Business- first person convicted in the Iran/Contra scandal, pleaded guilty of one count of defrauding the United States

Richard R. Miller - Partner with Oliver North in IBC, a Office of Public Diplomacy front group, convicted of conspiracy to defraud the United States.

Frank Gomez

13.. Donald Fortier

Clair George was Chief of the CIA's Division of Covert Operations under President Reagan. George was convicted of lying to two congressional committees in 1986. George faced a maximum five year federal prison sentence and a $20,000 fine for each of the two convictions. Jurors cleared George of five other charges including two counts of lying to a federal grand jury. Clair George received a blanket pardon for his crimes from President George Bush...

Rita Lavelle was indicted, tried and convicted of lying to Congress and served three months of a six-month prison sentence.

Philip Winn - Assistant HUD Secretary. Pleaded guilty to one count of scheming to give illegal gratuities.

Thomas Demery - Assistand HUD Secretary - pleaded guilty to steering HUD subsidies to politically connected donors.

Deborah Gore Dean - executive assistant to Samuel Pierce - indicted on thirteen counts, three counts of conspiracy, one count of accepting an illegal gratuity, four counts of perjury, and five counts of concealing articles. She was convicted on twelve accounts. She appealed and prevailed on several accounts but the convictions for conspiracy remained.

Catalina Villaponda - Former US Treasurer

Joseph A. Strauss - Accepting kickbacks from developers

Oliver North - He was indicted on sixteen felony counts and on May 4, 1989, he was convicted of three: accepting an illegal gratuity, aiding and abetting in the obstruction of a congressional inquiry, and destruction of documents (by his secretary, Fawn Hall, on his instructions). He was sentenced by U.S. District Judge Gerhard A. Gesell on July 5, 1989, to a three-year suspended prison term, two years probation, $150,000 in fines, and 1,200 hours community service. His conviction was later overturned.

Let's not even start on Reagan himself , Central America, the traitorous arms for hostages, and on and on. Republicans redefine corruption on a decadal basis, Trump is easily the worst ever.

I thought so. You have zero defense for Trump. Nothing new here at SN, defending Trump for Trump supporters is akin to pulling teeth in the backyard with some rusty pliers. At the end of the day you yourselves can't defend this criminal, mafia boss President. That is clear as day.

Maybe that should give you pause, that you've hitched your cart to a limp, sick horse. A cart that's going nowhere fast. I feel for you, I really do.

maybe you should have a sit down with elfie since he/she/it/ze/zer/they not only brings up previous administrations, but goes all the way back to the 80s to do so. All while anyone on the left practically demands we stay on topic with discussions on the here and now.

Elfie - turn your **** down a few notches or enjoy an even longer vacation.
At least give him a chance to post a Young Turds video that has no relevancy.
Seems like tradition, at this point.

maybe you should have a sit down with elfie since he/she/it/ze/zer/they not only brings up previous administrations, but goes all the way back to the 80s to do so. All while anyone on the left practically demands we stay on topic with discussions on the here and now.

He's a piece of work for sure.

Goes all the way back to the 40's and posts that KKK cross burning photo as if nothing has changed.

ha ha

Go Lanny!

Michael Cohen’s lawyer has severely undermined the case against Trump

In a pair of new interviews with The Washington Post and BuzzFeed, Lanny Davis has backed off two massive claims he made in recent weeks, including that former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen had told people he witnessed President Trump being informed of Donald Trump Jr.'s 2016 Trump Tower meeting with a Russian lawyer before it happened.

He has also admitted he was the source for the initial report on that claim -- despite denying it last week.

“I should have been more clear — including with you — that I could not independently confirm what happened,” Davis told The Post of the claim, adding: “I regret my error"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ge-case-against-trump/?utm_term=.aae606825381

-----------------------

Lanny originally made his claims to Carl Bernstein, who ran with it and Bernstein went on to report the allegations on CNN.

Lanny now has retracted and left Bernstein holding the bag!

Hilarious!

FAKE NEWS!

Michael Cohen claimed he decided to rat out Trump's payments to women after watching him toast Putin in Helsinki last month. What Trump needed all along was a fixer who was capable of silencing all the women in his past. Instead of defeating Hillary Clinton, he should have hired her.

Reactions: wig
The thing liberals (and Tibs) don't want you to realize is that Trump could have paid off all these women and NOT been in violation of all these confusing, obscure, useless campaign finance laws.

You know what you call doing something "illegal" that you could have done it "legal" if you knew the law better? A technicality. Splitting hairs (as Tibs liked to say in another thread).

You know what doesn't fly with the American public? Splitting hairs and technicalities. It's a losing proposition for Tibs and his ilk just reeking of desparation to find something, anything, to impeach Trump.

The more I look into the people Tibs keeps "quoting" as gospel in his attempts to find dirt on Trump (porn stars, sleezy lawyers, etc.) is go ahead and use them as your "expert witnesses".

Status
Not open for further replies.