• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

And it Begins:Special Prosecutor To Investigate Trump And Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL but Indy, I'm voting straight D this fall :ban1:. Out of the 3 above, I'd consider gas, but let's wait and then I'll revisit your advice.

Do you think, for one second, that I give a ****? My income and my company’s gross profit are at the highest levels of my life. And I owe it all to Trump.

oops!

Woodward Found No Evidence Of Collusion, Even Though He ‘Looked For It Hard’

Veteran reporter Bob Woodward said Friday that he conducted a thorough investigation into possible Trump-Russia collusion while researching his latest book, “Fear: Trump in the White House,” but found no evidence of a conspiracy.

“Did you Bob Woodward hear anything in your research or your interviews that sounded like espionage or collusion?” Woodward was asked during an interview. “I did not. Of course I looked for it, looked for it hard,” replied Woodward.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/09/14/bob-woodward-trump-collusion/

He's in on it too! The book is just a ruse!

Do you think, for one second, that I give a ****? My income and my company’s gross profit are at the highest levels of my life. And I owe it all to Trump.

You owe DT credit for economic changes that have helped you.

But to be accurate, Indy, you owe your personal economic success to you and your wife. You two are responsible for good decisions, hard work, and the attendant economic reward.

Isn't it telling that the left always blames somebody else for their economic plight, and Indy - a conservative - takes no credit for his own economic success?

Let me point out that manafort pleading guilty just nabbed one of Obamas administration lawyers and possibly one of the biggest lawfirms in the country... because, as predicted, Mueller is stretching the law to find a conspiracy... and thats going to take out Dems and Republicans who up till now were not breaking any laws advocating for foreign groups in certain circumstances because it was never interpreted that stringently....

Lol someone should tell the libs that they arent slicing off their nose to spite trumps face... they are outright decapitating themselves

But to be accurate, Indy, you owe your personal economic success to you and your wife. You two are responsible for good decisions, hard work, and the attendant economic reward.

Isn't it telling that the left always blames somebody else for their economic plight, and Indy - a conservative - takes no credit for his own economic success?

Expect no Liberal to reply in the affirmative to this. They signed up long ago for Big Daddy Government taking care of them. Self determination isn't possible.

You are right, I get that and I agree. But in my industry the tax cuts and the tariffs on steel had a major, direct and profound impact on my business. Emperor Trump made that happen. Anti-business Obama (you didn’t build that) and Kankles could have put me under by sinking our steel industry and, well, basically ******* America.

Well to start I'm not rich enough to benefit from the tax scam.

Unless you make less than $9500/year (or $19000 if you're married) you got a tax rate cut of at least 3%. Your standard deduction also doubled, even if you make less than that.

So if you're only getting $8.00 more per month in your paycheck you are probably going to be due a hefty refund.

And to that I say good for you, but I too don't give a ****, that's your world, not mine. I don't share your enthusiasm nor do I have anything to thank trump for.

Too bad we couldn't have a president with Trump's deregulation and tax cut plans, without all the other bullshit, the psychological meltdowns, the WH spinning out of control, the attacks on our allies, NATO and the free press, the close ties to felons and possible conspiracy and obstruction charges. Unfortunately we couldn't have one (the good stuff) without the other (the bad stuff), so all this positive economic news, the rising 401k's, low unemployment etc may be just a footnote in his presidency. Quite the shame it had to turn out like this. But everyone knew about Trump's shortcomings - the personal transgressions, the bankruptcies, the ties to the Russian mob - heading into the election. None of this should have come as a surprise. But I'm glad everyone's making more money and feeling good about their 401k's. That is indeed great news and I hope it is sustained over time.

Too bad we couldn't have a president with Trump's deregulation and tax cut plans, without all the other bullshit, the psychological meltdowns, the WH spinning out of control, the attacks on our allies, NATO and the free press, the close ties to felons and possible conspiracy and obstruction charges. Unfortunately we couldn't have one (the good stuff) without the other (the bad stuff), so all this positive economic news, the rising 401k's, low unemployment etc may be just a footnote in his presidency. Quite the shame it had to turn out like this. But everyone knew about Trump's shortcomings - the personal transgressions, the bankruptcies, the ties to the Russian mob - heading into the election. None of this should have come as a surprise. But I'm glad everyone's making more money and feeling good about their 401k's. That is indeed great news and I hope it is sustained over time.

There has never been a perfect President, ever. We're all humans and so very different from one another that one man/woman in office is going to piss off people. What I like is just how many people he's pissing off. Democrats, Republicans, allies, enemies....no one gets a free pass or gets in his way of righting this ship. We haven't seen this since Reagan bombed the French embassy "by accident" after France wouldn't let us fly over their country enroute to Lybia. Guess who started allowing us to fly over their country? Wi wii!

I agree with that. I also think it depends on the industry you're in on how you're benefiting. In the medical field, yeah not so much. But I don't do what I do for the money and I wouldn't consider any other field for me because I love it, but I also know the tax cut for the wealthy is gonna cost us in years to come. And you know who will get the blame for that, don't you? His name isn't trump. And after taking a nice big hit in 2008, we haven't been as aggressive in investments. Once bitten....

I also know the tax cut for the wealthy is gonna cost us in years to come

First of all, I've already explained to you that this was not a "tax cut for the wealthy", unless you already don't pay any income taxes or you itemize your deductions because you have extraordinarily high property taxes or something, you got a tax cut.

But you do know that tax revenue is at record highs right now, right? 13% increase over last year. That's due to employment and wage growth.

The problem is the unbridled spending...and I fault Trump and congressional Republicans for that as much as anyone else. However you seem to want to put people in office who want to double or triple what we're spending now...

If there is any psychological meltdown it's you libs. More projection..

First of all, I've already explained to you that this was not a "tax cut for the wealthy", unless you already don't pay any income taxes or you itemize your deductions because you have extraordinarily high property taxes or something, you got a tax cut.

But you do know that tax revenue is at record highs right now, right? 13% increase over last year. That's due to employment and wage growth.

The problem is the unbridled spending...and I fault Trump and congressional Republicans for that as much as anyone else. However you seem to want to put people in office who want to double or triple what we're spending now...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...us-president-wealthy-washington-a8470736.html

"Republicans passed a massive package of tax cuts last year that lowered the tax rate for all income groups, with big benefits going to wealthy Americans and businesses. Despite mounting worries from lawmakers about the growing federal deficit, Trump said earlier this year that congress was going to try to pass another package of tax cuts this year that would be largely targeted at helping the middle class. Senate republicans have not signalled how they plan to proceed."

So the $8 a month is a number I threw out there, honestly everything written on this board is taken so literal. In other words, the amount I've gotten isn't even noticeable, not enough to make a difference. Am I middle class? I used to be, not sure that even exists now. The only time I've personally suffered economically after an election was under Bush, hence my voting preferences. And it was life changing and devastating.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...us-president-wealthy-washington-a8470736.html

"Republicans passed a massive package of tax cuts last year that lowered the tax rate for all income groups, with big benefits going to wealthy Americans and businesses. Despite mounting worries from lawmakers about the growing federal deficit, Trump said earlier this year that congress was going to try to pass another package of tax cuts this year that would be largely targeted at helping the middle class. Senate republicans have not signalled how they plan to proceed."

So the $8 a month is a number I threw out there, honestly everything written on this board is taken so literal. In other words, the amount I've gotten isn't even noticeable, not enough to make a difference. Am I middle class? I used to be, not sure that even exists now. The only time I've personally suffered economically after an election was under Bush, hence my voting preferences. And it was life changing and devastating.

Well, how things affect you personally really wasn't my point. You said the tax cuts are for the wealthy, which they are not. Yes, people who pay more in taxes will see greater dollar amount reductions, but everyone who pays taxes saw reductions. Most people also benefit from economic growth, rising wages, and record employment, even if you personally don't.

You said the tax cuts are going to cost us big later. I pointed out that revenue has increased, not decreased, since the tax cuts were passed. What's going to cost us big later is out of control spending and your "voting preferences" are not for people who want to spend less, they're for people who want to spend more. A ton more.

Well, how things affect you personally really wasn't my point. You said the tax cuts are for the wealthy, which they are not. Yes, people who pay more in taxes will see greater dollar amount reductions, but everyone who pays taxes saw reductions. Most people also benefit from economic growth, rising wages, and record employment, even if you personally don't.

You said the tax cuts are going to cost us big later. I pointed out that revenue has increased, not decreased, since the tax cuts were passed. What's going to cost us big later is out of control spending and your "voting preferences" are not for people who want to spend less, they're for people who want to spend more. A ton more.

LOL the tax cuts most definitely benefit the wealthy. If not, why wouldn't I be jumping up and down? Why do I care how it's affecting "most"? How is that benefiting me? And what happens in 10 or less years? Another possible republican recession? How a person votes is based on their personal experiences, it most definitely is about me and my family. Why would I care about raising wages (which are pretty much stagnant) and record employment (please tell my unemployed ex-coworkers/friends that) if it doesn't benefit me. My point...my vote is mine, what benefits me and my family, based on the here and now and personal experiences. So hey, "most" have done well, how does that affect me? And maybe it's the company we keep cause no one in my circles/work/neighborhood claim what the small amount of posters on this board do, trump fans at that. If you're happy, then it will show in your vote, if you're not that'll show too. I've already gone through one recession, that's enough.

Theoretical question for the libs - If it had been proven and everyone accepted as fact that zero taxes on the top 5% resulted in maximum federal tax revenues (lets say the rest of the tax rates is the same as now), would you be in favor of that?

Theoretical question for the libs - If it had been proven and everyone accepted as fact that zero taxes on the top 5% resulted in maximum federal tax revenues (lets say the rest of the tax rates is the same as now), would you be in favor of that?

You racist ************.

tax cuts for the rich is a Dem talking point used by people who do not understand economics

For the first time in 10 years, my company deposited a profit sharing contribution into our 401k plan. It was 5%.

Raise was kinda ******, though

I work on corporate pension plans. Just about every one of them had 15%-20% returns in 2017.

I cant give investment advice, but i suggest you look at your 401k options to see what, if any, investment models are available. You should see a Conservative, Moderate, aggressive and something in between each. Those are, usually good options if you dont understand the individual funds. If your 401k provider doesn't have those, you can, probably, find some online and align your investments accordingly.

Honestly, if you 401k plan doesn't provide that, talk to your employer about it. Any 401k provider worth their salt should offer it.

LOL the tax cuts most definitely benefit the wealthy. If not, why wouldn't I be jumping up and down? Why do I care how it's affecting "most"? How is that benefiting me? And what happens in 10 or less years? Another possible republican recession? How a person votes is based on their personal experiences, it most definitely is about me and my family. Why would I care about raising wages (which are pretty much stagnant) and record employment (please tell my unemployed ex-coworkers/friends that) if it doesn't benefit me. My point...my vote is mine, what benefits me and my family, based on the here and now and personal experiences. So hey, "most" have done well, how does that affect me? And maybe it's the company we keep cause no one in my circles/work/neighborhood claim what the small amount of posters on this board do, trump fans at that. If you're happy, then it will show in your vote, if you're not that'll show too. I've already gone through one recession, that's enough.

If another recession is your concern I would think you'd be happy about our fast growing economy, low unemployment and rising wages, even if you haven't personally benefited. Because those are the opposite of another recession.

Tax cuts didn't cause the last recession, I mean we can get into the mortgage crisis that caused the recession and all that preceded it if you like but the Bush tax cuts actually helped the economy get back on its feet after 9/11.

It’s Trump. That is where it starts and ends for the left. The rest is just mealy mouthed horseshit.

Too bad we couldn't have a president with Trump's deregulation and tax cut plans, without all the other bullshit, the psychological meltdowns, the WH spinning out of control, the attacks on our allies, NATO and the free press, the close ties to felons and possible conspiracy and obstruction charges. Unfortunately we couldn't have one (the good stuff) without the other (the bad stuff), so all this positive economic news, the rising 401k's, low unemployment etc may be just a footnote in his presidency.

First, the economic success over the past 18 months will most certainly not be a "footnote," and instead the standard by which future Presidents are measured.

Second, the "other bullshit" is perpetuated and fanned and built up and obsessed about by liberals. You know how you say that if somebody does not like what you post, they can just not read it? Liberals need to learn that screaming and whining and wearing ***** hats and protesting and marching and blah-dee-*******-blah are nothing more then fuel to Trump's fire.

Let the small **** go. Jesus, a freak out over fist pumps? Just ignore such stuff.

ha ha!

Unintended consequences?

BACKFIRE: Probe Of Manafort Leads To Possible Federal Charges For Lawyer With Ties To Obama And Clinton

Greg Craig is a lawyer who served in the Obama and Clinton administrations. He is now likely to face federal charges for failing to register as a foreign agent. The irony is that this probably would never have come up without the investigation of Paul Manafort.

Craig was a partner in the law firm Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP, which may face charges as well, according to the report. Craig left the firm in April, the report said.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...es-for-lawyer-with-ties-to-obama-and-clinton/

BAM!

Obama's Former White House Counsel Lawyers Up After Mueller Probe Referral

Greg Craig, former president Barack Obama‘s very first White House counsel, has retained a lawyer of his own. The move comes as federal prosecutors in the Southern District of New York (SDNY) weigh charges against Craig and other high-profile Democratic Party influence peddlers after special counsel Robert Mueller referred the cases to the U.S. Attorney’s Office in southern Manhattan.

As reported by the National Law Journal, Craig is now represented by William Taylor III, a founding member of the elite Zuckerman Spaeder law firm, which is based out of Washington, D.C. with an additional office located in one of Midtown Manhattan’s glitzier quarters–due south of Central Park.

Craig himself is a former counsel at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom, another high-priced mega law enterprise which has been described as “Wall Street’s most powerful law firm.”

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profil...nsel-lawyers-up-after-mueller-probe-referral/

Status
Not open for further replies.