• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

And it Begins:Special Prosecutor To Investigate Trump And Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the WSJ link if you need it from a CONservative rag:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/gop-op...kers-implied-a-connection-to-flynn-1498770851

There are many, many angles for Mueller to cover. When Humpty Trumpy falls it will be with overwhelming evidence as to all his criminal activities so that the violent alt-right will have no choice but to finally admit their stupidity in supporting the *** clown in chief.

Here is the WSJ link if you need it from a CONservative rag:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/gop-op...kers-implied-a-connection-to-flynn-1498770851

There are many, many angles for Mueller to cover. When Humpty Trumpy falls it will be with overwhelming evidence as to all his criminal activities so that the violent alt-right will have no choice but to finally admit their stupidity in supporting the *** clown in chief.

violent alt-right??? I don't remember the last time those on the right "protested" by blocking streets and burning up neighborhoods....

DD6GWpgUQAAvnbO.jpg

Trump has NOT tried to derail himself? Again pay attention.

Pay attention to Trumps own words and tweets.
Of course he hasn't, and the Earth won't turn into Venus.

I'm not paying attention to what you think the effects of his words and tweets are.

Elftard's Soros check cleared. We'll see it post for a few days and it will be gone again until the next payment shows.

violent alt-right??? I don't remember the last time those on the right "protested" by blocking streets and burning up neighborhoods....

But they will when they are fed lies as to the reason for Trumps downfall.

Much like the lies and lack of understanding of the federal governments right to manage and control federal land had idiots on your side pointing assault rifles at BLM and other federal agents at the Bundy ranch.....remember that?

That was followed up with the illegal seizure of a wildlife refuge facility and the death of right wing terrorist Lavoy Finnicum(spelling?)......remember that?

Elftard's Soros check cleared. We'll see it post for a few days and it will be gone again until the next payment shows.

I have a life and George Soros does not finance it.

Why am I the only one here on the left who gets accused of being a Soros operative? I mean really is everything a conspiracy with you types?

I have a life and George Soros does not finance it.

Why am I the only one here on the left who gets accused of being a Soros operative? I mean really is everything a conspiracy with you types?

We take you as seriously as we do Katsung. In fact with all of your schizophrenic personality changes on this site, we aren't sure you're not Katsung.

You wonder why people disregard you. SMH.

Happy 4th of July Elf. I'm sure it burns hearing that.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

So we should charge Trump?.........

Glad to see some of the Trumptards coming around.
Nah, Elfie, can't CHARGE President Trump, he pays in CASH!

Maybe you should tell that to his predecessor, Mr. 19 Trillion in DEBT, Barack Hussein Obama.

Just how hard did that debt hit us?

0bc32c0fe3fa8116aa58ede2a07e7448.gif

That hard!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Steeler Nation mobile app

Last edited:
Special Counsel Mueller Lets His Actions Do The Talking: 15 Hires, More to Come
http://www.npr.org/2017/07/08/53581...n=politics&utm_medium=social&utm_term=nprnews

Robert Mueller has made no public comment since he was named to lead the Department of Justice investigation into Russian interference in last year's election.

Instead, he's let his actions do the talking. The former FBI director and decorated U.S. Marine has quietly hired an all-star team that includes 15 Justice Department prosecutors. He's submitted a budget. And, a spokesman for Mueller said, he's not done bringing on new lawyers.

That's got the attention of supporters of President Trump, who recently made an attack ad calling the investigation a "rigged game" and blasting the special counsel for hiring at least four lawyers who have donated to Democrats.

As for Mueller, don't expect him to mount a defense. The former FBI director does his talking in the courtroom, not on social media. In fact, Mueller recently got a nod of support from Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., who said he didn't think political donations amounted to a conflict of interest.

Mueller has not described the scope of what his team will examine.

But members of Congress and other lawyers involved in the probe described the main lines of inquiry as: Russian meddling in the presidential election; whether anyone inside the United States conspired to help; and whether any wrongdoing has been committed in the surprise firing of FBI Director James Comey, who said he believed he was let go to relieve pressure on the Russia.

There's no timetable or deadline for the job. Given that it's the most sensitive Justice Department investigation in the last decade or more, it's unlikely that prosecutors will rush.

And for someone like Mueller, the 2018 midterm elections are not going to be a factor.
Here are some of the attorneys Mueller has hired:

* Zainab Ahmad, a top national security prosecutor on detail from U.S. Attorney's Office in the Eastern District of New York.
* Rush Atkinson, an attorney on detail from the Criminal Division's Fraud Section at the Department of Justice.
* Michael Dreeben, an appellate attorney on detail from the Office of the Solicitor General, described by former colleagues as one of the brightest criminal law experts of the past two generations.
* Andrew Goldstein, a public corruption prosecutor on detail from the U. S. Attorney's Office in the Southern District of New York.
* Adam Jed, an appellate attorney on detail from DOJ's Civil Division.
* Lisa Page, an attorney on detail from the FBI's Office of the General Counsel and a former trial attorney with the Criminal Division's Organized Crime and Gang Section.
* Elizabeth Prelogar, an appellate attorney on detail from the Office of the Solicitor General.
* James Quarles, a former partner at WilmerHale and a former assistant special prosecutor for the Watergate Special Prosecution Force.
* Jeannie Rhee, a former partner at WilmerHale who has served in the Office of Legal Counsel at DOJ and as an assistant U.S. attorney for the District of Columbia.
* Brandon Van Grack, an attorney on detail from the Justice Department's National Security Division.
* Andrew Weissmann, on detail from the Criminal Division's Fraud Section and who has served as general counsel at the FBI and as an assistant U.S. attorney for the Eastern District of New York.
* Aaron Zebley, a former partner at WilmerHale who has previously served with Mr. Mueller at the FBI and has served as an assistant U.S. attorney in the Eastern District of Virginia.
* Aaron Zelinsky, an attorney on detail from the U.S. Attorney's Office in the District of Maryland.

I find this humorous, that there are those literally salivating at the possibility of Trump's involvement in all of this.

What if Mueller turns up nothing? Or if members of the progressive party are involved somehow?

All these pages and nothing to show for it.

He is hiring so many people, probably figuring that if the dig deep enough long enough they have to find SOMETHING. Right?

in third grade, Trump returned a book to the school library three days late.
he also didn't sign the book out!

IMPEACH!

He is hiring so many people, probably figuring that if the dig deep enough long enough they have to find SOMETHING. Right?

The history for these special prosecutors is not encouraging for the Trump-obsessed. Basically, the guy will have a huge staff, larger than most law firms, working long hours at massive expense [you people realize that these guys don't work for free, right?], and come up with some "process crime," like the investigation into who leaked Valeria Plame's identity [hint - it was Richard Armitage, and the special prosecutor learned this very early on yet continued the investigation for years afterward]. The investigation led to one criminal count - against Scooty Libby, not for having anything to do with leaking Plame's identity but instead for perjury in statements to the investigators about whether or not he revealed Plame's identity to a NYT reporter, Judith Miller. Miller told the special prosecutor that she recalled Libby telling her that Plame had worked for the CIA ... but later, Miller changed her story and in a book admitted that she may well have helped convict an innocent man:

In the District of Columbia Court of Appeals Disciplinary Counsel's Report readmitting Libby, the Counsel noted that Libby had continued to assert his innocence. As a result, the Counsel had to "undertake a more complex evaluation of a Petition for reinstatement" than when a petitioner admits guilt. But the Counsel found that "Libby has presented credible evidence in support of his version of events and it appears that one key prosecution witnesses (sic), Judith Miller, has changed her recollection of the events in question." The reference to Judith Miller, a former New York Times reporter, involved her memoir, The Story, A Reporter's Journey. In the book, Miller said she read Plame's memoir and discovered that Plame's cover was at the State Department, a fact Miller said the prosecution had withheld from her. In rereading what she called her "elliptical" notes (meaning hard to decipher), she realized they were about Plame's cover, not her job at the CIA. She concluded that her testimony that Libby had told her Plame worked at the CIA was wrong. "Had I helped convict an innocent man?" she asked.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scooter_Libby

Years of investigation, at a cost of hundreds of millions of dollars, resulting in ... one wrongful conviction based on a reporter's faulty recollection of a conversation which never happened.

What's really going to cause hilarity to ensue is when they find that the real cause of any Russian Hacking was The Hildebeasts unsecured private email server and the password to John Podestas computer being "Password".

The history for these special prosecutors is not encouraging for the Trump-obsessed. Basically, the guy will have a huge staff, larger than most law firms, working long hours at massive expense [you people realize that these guys don't work for free, right?], and come up with some "process crime," like the investigation into who leaked Valeria Plame's identity [hint - it was Richard Armitage, and the special prosecutor learned this very early on yet continued the investigation for years afterward]. The investigation led to one criminal count - against Scooty Libby, not for having anything to do with leaking Plame's identity but instead for perjury in statements to the investigators about whether or not he revealed Plame's identity to a NYT reporter, Judith Miller. Miller told the special prosecutor that she recalled Libby telling her that Plame had worked for the CIA ... but later, Miller changed her story and in a book admitted that she may well have helped convict an innocent man:

In the District of Columbia Court of Appeals Disciplinary Counsel's Report readmitting Libby, the Counsel noted that Libby had continued to assert his innocence. As a result, the Counsel had to "undertake a more complex evaluation of a Petition for reinstatement" than when a petitioner admits guilt. But the Counsel found that "Libby has presented credible evidence in support of his version of events and it appears that one key prosecution witnesses (sic), Judith Miller, has changed her recollection of the events in question." The reference to Judith Miller, a former New York Times reporter, involved her memoir, The Story, A Reporter's Journey. In the book, Miller said she read Plame's memoir and discovered that Plame's cover was at the State Department, a fact Miller said the prosecution had withheld from her. In rereading what she called her "elliptical" notes (meaning hard to decipher), she realized they were about Plame's cover, not her job at the CIA. She concluded that her testimony that Libby had told her Plame worked at the CIA was wrong. "Had I helped convict an innocent man?" she asked.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scooter_Libby

Years of investigation, at a cost of hundreds of millions of dollars, resulting in ... one wrongful conviction based on a reporter's faulty recollection of a conversation which never happened.

What ever happened to the good ol days when Repugnicans spent 80 million to find out if Slick Willy got a BJ?

Gotta love " fiscal CONservatism"

In all fairness Janet Reno spent about 7 of that to kick things off on whitewater.......liberals spending less than CONservatives..who would have thunk it?

What's really going to cause hilarity to ensue is when they find that the real cause of any Russian Hacking was The Hildebeasts unsecured private email server and the password to John Podestas computer being "Password".

How is Russian hacking of DNC servers related to Hillary's E-mails?

Do CONservatives have a special blender where they just throw all their bullshit in and hope they produce something remotely connected to reality?

Lemming Libs have nothing left to live for - it's all over.

Jump!

giphy.gif

Lemming Libs have nothing left to live for - it's all over.

Jump!

giphy.gif

You enjoying the 6 months of epic losing so far? I know I'm loving it!

Have you seen the labor Dept. Stats on job growth? Six months in Trump now owns the economy....I wouldn't look at them if I were you.....Bwahahahahahahahahahah!

How is that wall coming along? How about trade with China? Bwahahahahahahahahahahah!

Angela Merkel in worldwide surveys judged to be the leader of the free world at this point and Trump not taken seriously.........is it possible to fall any lower?

You enjoying the 6 months of epic losing so far? I know I'm loving it!

Nice bluff. You are not enjoying a single thing politically that has been going on for a long time. Transparent as window glass.

Nice bluff. You are not enjoying a single thing politically that has been going on for a long time. Transparent as window glass.

Ah...no.. my situation financially doesn't change with whomever is in power. Some of the beliefs I hold have to be put on the back shelf as far as policy goes when the backwards party takes power, but it's a war not a battle. And progressives have been winning since the 1930's so I have great faith, and am enjoying the crap out of the buyers remorse coming from the Trumptards at this point. There is a lot of Saint Peter " I don't know him!" before the **** crows stuff going around right now, its epically hilarious!

Status
Not open for further replies.