• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

And it Begins:Special Prosecutor To Investigate Trump And Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.
But that is different than looking at the server itself for evidence. They have not been given physical access to the servers yet as far as I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

With email, you don't need access to servers. Email requires the internet to send and receive, and communications can be scrubbed and copied just by sending them. That is how we used to track terrorists who sent emails before an attack while they were planning them. Key words would be detected and their email would be flagged for monitoring. They got smarter and just created drafts within an email provider and shared accounts. Without sending, the emails were never scrubbed by NSA.

The only need to have access to a server is to retrieve information that was never sent via email. Documents and files meant for intra office or internal accounting/plotting/storage/darknet info. This was never the case for Hilarity, because "emails" are sent through the internet and are already scrubbed.

I have friends/family that work CIA/Pentagon/NSA,politics and my college classmate is currently up for the Surgeon General position (and is an excellent choice might I add).

If they can prove the whole idea of the "meeting" originated with her (the lawyer) and she implied (incorrectly) that the made-up information she had came from the Russian government, then I'm not sure this is illegal by Trump's posse.

It seems fairly proven that she didn't turn over or provide anything on Clinton, so the idea this one event had any impact on the election is false.

It does show a willingness of Trump campaign insiders to look for and accept any/all info they could get on Clinton, even if from foreign sources. But that kind of makes sense in today's electronic world. So I don't really know what to make of that. I think it's naive to think Clinton's campaign with all the money involved in the Clinton Foundation from foreign sources doesn't have a secure method of information gathering (about all sorts of stuff) from foreign supporters. This might be even more true considering Clinton was a Secretary of State and has access to all sorts of classified info (both here and abroad).

The timing of the whole meeting is odd but it could be a feeler from the DNC (Clinton and/or Obama) to see how far the Trump campaign was willing to go during the election process. It also seems odd that if this was a plan partly by the DNC (or Clinton's camp or Obama's camp or the Intelligence Community) that it took this long to drop on the media. You think this would have been the first thing released.

It's a dirty situation. Trump's swamp (which I agree exists) is fighting with Washington's swamp and it's not pretty. Not surprising that Trump's camp looked for friends wherever they could find them. No one inside the beltway was on his side.

With email, you don't need access to servers. Email requires the internet to send and receive, and communications can be scrubbed and copied just by sending them. That is how we used to track terrorists who sent emails before an attack while they were planning them. Key words would be detected and their email would be flagged for monitoring. They got smarter and just created drafts within an email provider and shared accounts. Without sending, the emails were never scrubbed by NSA.

The only need to have access to a server is to retrieve information that was never sent via email. Documents and files meant for intra office or internal accounting/plotting/storage/darknet info. This was never the case for Hilarity, because "emails" are sent through the internet and are already scrubbed.

I have friends/family that work CIA/Pentagon/NSA,politics and my college classmate is currently up for the Surgeon General position (and is an excellent choice might I add).

That is not exactly true if you are looking for evidence of hacking. Having access to the root server can provide a plethora of information on worms, trojans and other malware and backdoors that would show up in emails. This is not always transmitted by email. The hacking of the Iranian centrifuges came in from legit software updates not email. Without the actual server we are only seeing a portion of the problem.

This is almost as bad as Obama telling a certain foreign minister from a foreign country that he'd be in a better position to do something for them after his upcoming election.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

I totally volunteer to be the guy who digs up dirt on politicians and releases it all to the press... like that would be my dream job.. make em all squirm till they kill me... totally worth it lol

I don't believe you can rule out election fraud as yet. What if the hackers are identified and a means of payment to them is discovered
coming from the Trump campaign. Physical votes might not have changed, but the hacks led to an influence on voting. There are also
monetary restrictions on donors to campaigns. A foreign entity could offer a campaign services that have a monetized value that could
then violate legal restrictions.

I don't believe you can rule out election fraud as yet. What if the hackers are identified and a means of payment to them is discovered
coming from the Trump campaign. Physical votes might not have changed, but the hacks led to an influence on voting. There are also
monetary restrictions on donors to campaigns. A foreign entity could offer a campaign services that have a monetized value that could

First point campaign financing is different than election fraud. Most of what you are insinuating sounds like an indictment of Hillary's campaign and foundation more so than anything Trump is being blamed for. Wray testified today that he will investigate her on possible collusion as well. She just might be the guilty party. Particularly with the info on this lawyer. Be careful what you wish for.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

And there is also the issue of Obstruction of Justice, ie Trump trying to influence Comey's FBI investigation into his affairs, leading to Trump outright firing the FBI director.

Tibs, I already went through that earlier in the thread, quoted the obstruction statute verbatim, cited published Federal cases ruling on the obstruction statute, and explained why the conversation could not, ever, in any way, be deemed obstruction.

Look, you hate Trump. I get it. But simply parroting false points about a purported violation of law that have been specifically addressed and refuted by, you know, SOMEBODY WHO IS ACTUALLY A LAWYER, does not take the place of factual discussion.

This Trump Jr. thing is the same. Not a Russian agent or representative. That is a fact. No consideration provided. That is undisputed. The law you are citing requires interference with a representative of a foreign government - not just somebody who is foreign for crying out loud - and acceptance of value. Neither one exists here.

Hey, a little free law-school tip. If violation of a criminal statute requires two things, and NEITHER is present, then there is no violation.

I don't believe you can rule out election fraud as yet. What if the hackers are identified and a means of payment to them is discovered coming from the Trump campaign. Physical votes might not have changed, but the hacks led to an influence on voting. There are also monetary restrictions on donors to campaigns. A foreign entity could offer a campaign services that have a monetized value that could then violate legal restrictions.

A lot of things "could be." No sentient being cares what "could be."

We care what is. Still, as of today, to quote Gertrude Stein, "there is no there there."

And if Hildebeast had used the government's computers and email system like she was supposed to, this doesn't happen (if true). So it's her own damn fault (if true).
Reminder, Julian Assange has said repeatedly that the leaked emails did not come from Russia. I think it was Bernie supporters inside the DNC who were pissed that their boy got railroaded.

Bernie%20-%20Copy%20-%20Copy_zpsn1vlumee.jpg

More grandstanding by the dems... if they didn't make such a big deal about nothing the coast would be clear to show how inept the republican majority has been.. instead they focus all the opposition anger on themselves... stupidity all around these days

More grandstanding by the dems... if they didn't make such a big deal about nothing the coast would be clear to show how inept the republican majority has been.. instead they focus all the opposition anger on themselves... stupidity all around these days

I was gonna say, I'd be dedicated to destroying the Democrat party except they're doing a good job on their own without my help.

Reactions: MTC
CIVIL WAR HAS BEEN DECLARED!

Congressman Introduces Article of Impeachment

Washington, D.C. – Today, Congressman Brad Sherman (D-CA), joined by Congressman Al Green (D-TX), introduced an Article of Impeachment (H. Res. 438) against President Donald J. Trump for High Crimes and Misdemeanors.

I am pleased that Congressman Al Green (D-TX) has joined me in filing Articles of Impeachment against Donald J. Trump. We now begin the effort to force the House Judiciary Committee to hold hearings on Obstruction of Justice and Russian interference in our election.

https://sherman.house.gov/media-cen...roduces-article-of-impeachment-obstruction-of

-----------------------

Take them all down, Hillary, Lynch, Comey - go after them and hit them with every charge in the books.

LOCK THEM ALL UP!

Hell yeah, this means WAR!

**** YEAH!

WAR!!!

House Republican threatens new Clinton investigations

Rep. Steve King (R-IA) appeared on CNN Wednesday morning to issue an ultimatum: Congress would be “forced” to start investigating Hillary Clinton’s emails again if Democrats didn’t stop talking about the Trump campaign’s alleged collusion with the Russian government.

During an interview with Alisyn Camerota, King lamented the way that the Russia scandal has upended President Donald Trump’s administration — and he said that if such disruptions continued, Congressional Republicans would restart the investigation into the private email server that Hillary Clinton used while she served as Secretary of State.

“If this continues  —  this immobilization of the presidency over these kind of things   it’s going to force Congress to do an investigation, a complete and thorough investigation, and that means go back all the way to the 650,000 emails of Anthony Weiner and look at [former FBI Director James] Comey and his activities,” King said

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/07/re...ys-emails-if-media-keeps-reporting-on-russia/

And if Hildebeast had used the government's computers and email system like she was supposed to, this doesn't happen. So it's her own damn fault.

"If a person neglects to lock their doors and they get robbed, it's their own damn fault."

FAIL.

"If a person neglects to lock their doors and they get robbed, it's their own damn fault."

FAIL.

No, it is their own damn fault. At least take some semblance of precaution. Someone robs your house when you didn't lock it you might be mad about it but you're also going to say "I was an idiot for leaving the door open". Hildebeast used her own email server and address so that Bomma and Valerie Jarrett wouldn't know what she was up to selling access and government policy. If she was using the official government email system as per government policy, then if it got hacked then she has plausible deniability. She used her own email system so any hacks and leaks are on her.

FAIL.

...and if said robber trips and falls and hurts themselves in a lib state they can sue and win

Waait for it........

Rep. Brad Sherman, D-Calif., has introduced formal articles of impeachment against President Donald Trump, accusing him of obstruction of justice.

Sherman, who first drafted the articles in June, formally introduced H.R. 438 on the House floor on Wednesday.

Other Democrats have expressed concern about Sherman’s effort to impeach Trump over possible ties to Russia, and the resolution had only one cosponsor, Rep. Al Green, D-Tex. A successful vote for impeachment would require a majority in the House, where Republicans have 46 more seats than Democrats.

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/article160986584.html#storylink=cpy

I'll just bet he's quaking in his boots.

u54adPJ.gif

Washington, D.C. – Today, Congressman Brad Sherman (D-CA), joined by Congressman Al Green (D-TX), introduced an Article of Impeachment (H. Res. 438) against President Donald J. Trump for High Crimes and Misdemeanors.

What crime, exactly?

What crime, exactly?

He won an election over a Democrat. As much as they cheat and phony up votes, Trump HAD to be doing something illegal to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.