• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

And it Begins:Special Prosecutor To Investigate Trump And Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, I think you may be right. I wonder if Trump's read his old tweets.

He wanted an “incredibly competent” Hillary Clinton to run for president:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">"<a href="https://twitter.com/infovestment">@infovestment</a>: <a href="https://twitter.com/Scaramucci">@Scaramucci</a> if Hillary keeps this up,she might be back in play for 2016...." I hope she runs, she is incredibly competent</p>— Anthony Scaramucci (@Scaramucci) <a href="https://twitter.com/Scaramucci/status/191895567436234752">April 16, 2012</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He backed Jeff Sessions’ decision to recuse himself from the Russia investigations:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-cards="hidden" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">AG Jeff Sessions is a stand-up guy. He's always said he would recuse himself from any case in which his impartiality could be questioned. <a href="https://t.co/Pd7TM6e27R">pic.twitter.com/Pd7TM6e27R</a></p>— Anthony Scaramucci (@Scaramucci) <a href="https://twitter.com/Scaramucci/status/837415341571596288">March 2, 2017</a></blockquote>

He supports gay rights:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Republicans should support Gay marriage</p>— Anthony Scaramucci (@Scaramucci) <a href="https://twitter.com/Scaramucci/status/155845386131611648">January 8, 2012</a></blockquote>

He opposes the death penalty:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Good point. Which is way I will always and forever be against the death penalty. <a href="https://t.co/yYZTeBFwRF">https://t.co/yYZTeBFwRF</a></p>— Anthony Scaramucci (@Scaramucci) <a href="https://twitter.com/Scaramucci/status/786265552134209536">October 12, 2016</a></blockquote>

He believes in climate change:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">You can take steps to combat climate change without crippling the economy. The fact many people still believe CC is a hoax is disheartening</p>— Anthony Scaramucci (@Scaramucci) <a href="https://twitter.com/Scaramucci/status/708131827341533186">March 11, 2016</a></blockquote>

He has expressed support for increased gun control:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">We (the USA) has 5% of the world's population but 50% of the world's guns. Enough is enough. It is just common sense it apply more controls</p>— Anthony Scaramucci (@Scaramucci) <a href="https://twitter.com/Scaramucci/status/232349114979975168">August 6, 2012</a></blockquote>

Supposedly he's been deleting old tweets all day today, so some of these may not show up.

None of that **** matters. His job is to defend Trump from the lying MSM.

No wonder Spicer quit. Scaramucci sounds like an elitist liberal from those tweets. Trump is making some weird moves.

None of this rearranging of deck chairs is gonna make the Russian investigation go away. Latest I've been reading is Trump is now gonna go after Mueller and other members of the special counsel team. As well as looking into how he can pardon himself and his family. This is why his lead lawyer decided to walk off the job today. Very peculiar behavior for a man many here say has nothing to hide.

20231948_458744114510380_2746890489061642293_o.jpg

Not so amazing. He's going on fishing expeditions against the sitting president. Mueller set up a government sanctioned opposition research team for 2020. It's bullshit. Fire his *** and let the chips fall.

He should fire Mueller. They haven't found a thing so now he's going after his private business. This **** is waaaay out of line. Time and money would be better spent on investigating the Clinton Foundation's corrupt ties to foreign countries and terrorist organizations. Russia did not have anything to do with the outcome of our election. You lost, get over it!

Mueller set up a government sanctioned opposition research team for 2020.

CD, now you're reaching.

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/UKqZSSEgl7hDO" width="480" height="368" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/drive-frankenstein-james-horner-UKqZSSEgl7hDO"></a></p>

None of this rearranging of deck chairs is gonna make the Russian investigation go away. Latest I've been reading is Trump is now gonna go after Mueller and other members of the special counsel team. As well as looking into how he can pardon himself and his family. This is why his lead lawyer decided to walk off the job today. Very peculiar behavior for a man many here say has nothing to hide.

I don't think any of it is because he has something to hide. I think it's all just because he's a dumbass with a short fuse. Which isn't much better really, except it's not a crime. If he had just ignored all this from the beginning it would have already gone away by now.

He's like the little brother you can poke and poke until he hauls off and slaps you and gets himself in trouble with the parents instead of you.

Last edited:
CD, now you're reaching.
Not at all. He's hired a bunch of dem donors and friends of Clinton. If you don't know that they will be digging around for dirt to use in 202o, then you are naive.

Not at all. He's hired a bunch of dem donors and friends of Clinton.

What he's assembled is a crack team of the finest legal minds in the country. With vast experience in areas of corruption, money laundering, racketeering and the like. No wonder Trump's shaking in his shoes.

If you don't know that they will be digging around for dirt to use in 202o, then you are naive.
I think you're nuts, with due apologies. At the minimum, it proves how lightly you're taking this. If you truly see this as an illicit, wildly-partisan, dirt-digging adventure, I'm not sure you should be calling others naive.

Trump really does deserve credit. Where the **** does he find these guys? Spicer was a national treasure, now this guy? It's a three ring circus, as I've been saying from the beginning.

Anthony Scaramucci barked up the wrong tree, and Pres. Obama let him have it.

Trump’s New Communications Chief Once Asked Obama A Question And Got Owned
http://washingtonjournal.com/2017/0...cations-chief-asked-obama-question-got-owned/

The sinking ship that is the Trump administration took on a new crew member today in the form of Anthony Scaramucci, the new White House Communications Director.

His hiring led directly to the resignation of longtime White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer. Scaramucci previously served as a senior vice president and chief strategy officer at the U.S. Export-Import Bank. He also has experience working at hedge funds and global investment firms. He is a man deeply steeped in Wall Street ethos.

In the wake of his new White House appointment, a video has surfaced in which Scaramucci, then working at SkyBridge Capital, attacked President Obama for his treatment of Wall Street.

Obama’s response is informed and eloquent. His bit about most Americans feeling that Wall Street wasn’t treated harshly enough rings true. The level of delusion emanating from Scaramucci could only come from someone completely isolated from the reality that most Americans live.

Last edited:
Supposedly he's been deleting old tweets all day today, so some of these may not show up.

As I was saying...

Scaramucci deletes old tweets bashing Trump
http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...letes-old-tweets-bashing-trump-supporting-gun

President Trump's new White House communications director Anthony Scaramucci went on a Twitter purge Friday, deleting years-old tweets bashing his new boss and supporting positions like gun control.

One of the deleted tweets referred to the Trump campaign as a "spectacle," which was pointed out by a reporter who was swiftly blocked by Scaramucci.

Another deleted tweet praised Trump's eventual challenger, Hillary Clinton. In a now-deleted tweet from 2012, Scaramucci calls the former Democratic secretary of State "incredibly competent." Another deleted tweet from the same year included a statistic on gun ownership in the United States, and a third included a direct statement of support for "strong gun control laws."

One tweet attacked top Trump supporter and former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich, insulting his "judgment" for joining the Trump team.

Scaramucci seems to only be scrubbing specific tweets containing references that may be damaging to his new role at the White House.

This guy is literally the perfect compliment to Trump. Like two peas in a pod. What is he thinking, that people won't find these? Yet another jackass to join a barrel full of jackasses. Welcome to the White House, Anthony!

It's bullshit. Fire his *** and let the chips fall.
He should fire Mueller.

Bush ethics lawyer: Congress must tell Trump not to fire Mueller
http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-congress-must-tell-trump-not-to-fire-mueller

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Congress must make it very clear: Bye-bye Mueller, bye-bye Trump.<br>Otherwise bye-bye Congress 2018. Americans are fed up!</p>— Richard W. Painter (@RWPUSA) <a href="https://twitter.com/RWPUSA/status/888173733281705988">July 20, 2017</a></blockquote>

He's going on fishing expeditions against the sitting president.
They haven't found a thing so now he's going after his private business. This **** is waaaay out of line.
I don't think any of it is because he has something to hide. Which isn't much better really, except it's not a crime.

Mueller has broader authority in his Russia investigation than Trump may realize

http://www.businessinsider.com/muel...tm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer-bi

In appointing Mueller, however, Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein gave him broad authority not only to investigate "any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated" with Trump's campaign, but also to examine "any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation."

Rosenstein also gave Mueller the power to investigate "any other matters within the scope of 28 C.F.R. § 600.4(a)" — including perjury, obstruction of justice, destruction of evidence, and intimidation of witnesses.

Trump has reportedly become so disturbed by the path Mueller's investigation seems to be going down that he and his legal team are searching for ways to discredit and possibly fire him.

But experts say there is no evidence that Mueller has engaged in any inappropriate behavior that would warrant his removal. And while Trump could order Mueller's dismissal, he could not fire him directly unless he ordered the repeal of the special-counsel regulations adopted in 1999, according to Neal Katyal, a former acting solicitor general who helped draft them.

That would be an "extravagant" move, Katyal wrote in May. But Matt Miller, a Justice Department spokesman under President Barack Obama, said he realized after Trump fired Comey that "we all need to expand our imagination about what [Trump] might do to stop this investigation."

"I think it's clear that he will not let this investigation run its natural course without interfering in some fashion, and that is going to provoke a massive crisis for his presidency and the country," Miller said. "These leaks are probably the product of a lot of things, but one of them is Trump testing the boundaries of what he can get away with."

Tibs, you are loving this. I am hating this. You think this is the system working, and I know that this is the system working the system.

The end justifies the means with that lot. After all these people champion baby killing. Not much can go lower than that. Oh wait baby killing then selling the body parts.

Really? The god of the Christian bible kills babies by the millions himself, remember that flood thing?

I guess liberals just want to get closer to god........

Through all of this I still think Trump has America in his best interest. Tibs might not agree. Most of America might not agree. That's okay. We can agree to disagree.

To me, this is all Deep State. I am very worried about what Congress is. What it represents. How it gets money. Believe me, I'm not in favor or anything drastic from the executive branch that is unconstitutional. This has to happen democratically through the election process. But Congress can not continue the way is currently is.

The lack of legislation passing the President's desk from a "supposedly" Republican controlled congress is embarrassing. This isn't Trump's doing. This is the lack of leadership to enact strong, conservative legislation that limits the Deep State and Federal Power, which no one seems to want to do.

My only hope is that after the fiasco of 2017 that Republicans in Congress wake up and decide the next session or 2018 they really need to get things done. Doesn't matter who the President is (although I strongly think Trump is better than Pence), pass legislation like you are supposed to be doing.

Through all this, I just want the LAW to govern. Nothing more, nothing less.

Tibs, you are loving this. I am hating this.
No, I am also hating this. It's a friggin' national nightmare. I forewarned against this best I could leading up to the election. Unfortunately, it was lame-o Hillary on the other side, the only thing standing in the way of this travesty. I hope the country can move on from this **** show and chase the Trumps - and the Republicans enabling Trump - out of power. What will come to replace it is immaterial to me. But the Trump presidency and the GOP majority in Congress needs to be Repealed and Replaced as soon as possible, there is no doubt about it.

You think this is the system working, and I know that this is the system working the system.
Yes, I do think the system is working. Nobody is above the law, not even the president. Trump and his entire team have been stinking up the place from the get go, with their shady and nefarious business dealings, their non-stop deceptions and lies, their connections to hostile foreign governments and above all, their nepotism. The system is designed to protect the Republic against this type of hostile takeover, as well as protect the nation from any branch of government acting illegally or against the interests of the nation.

No, I am also hating this. It's a friggin' national nightmare. I forewarned against this best I could leading up to the election. Unfortunately, it was lame-o Hillary on the other side, the only thing standing in the way of this travesty. I hope the country can move on from this **** show and chase the Trumps - and the Republicans enabling Trump - out of power. What will come to replace it is immaterial to me. But the Trump presidency and the GOP majority in Congress needs to be Repealed and Replaced as soon as possible, there is no doubt about it.

Yes, I do think the system is working. Nobody is above the law, not even the president. Trump and his entire team have been stinking up the place from the get go, with their shady and nefarious business dealings, their non-stop deceptions and lies, their connections to hostile foreign governments and above all, their nepotism. The system is designed to protect the Republic against this type of hostile takeover, as well as protect the nation from any branch of government acting illegally or against the interests of the nation.

You forewarned that the power in Washington would do everything possible to make sure an outsider like Trump would fail? I don't recall that. And the "system" at work right now is definitely not protecting the republic. It is protecting itself and gives not one **** about the republic. This outrage against connections to hostile foreign governments has to be bullshit, because Obama and Clinton actually did treasonous **** along these lines and I didn't hear a peep from your kind.

You forewarned that the power in Washington would do everything possible to make sure an outsider like Trump would fail?
No, I forewarned Trump and his band of alt right crooks and family members were damaged goods and would stain the presidency. I forewarned that the baggage Trump was carrying, including his Russian connections, would haunt him from his first day on. I forewarned that Trump was a snake oil salesman, who hoodwinked the electorate with brash promises and misguided animosity towards foreigners and the media. I forewarned there would be non-stop chaos in a Trump White House. Sadly, all of my instincts and premonitions were spot on.

You forewarned that the power in Washington would do everything possible to make sure an outsider like Trump would fail? I don't recall that. And the "system" at work right now is definitely not protecting the republic. It is protecting itself and gives not one **** about the republic. This outrage against connections to hostile foreign governments has to be bullshit, because Obama and Clinton actually did treasonous **** along these lines and I didn't hear a peep from your kind.

He's a paid troll Chuck. As long as he continues to spew anti-Trump bullshit Uncle George will continue to pay for him and his family to go on expensive boat rides. His last shot is this Mueller dog and pony **** show, that is as long as you discount 'Mad Maxine' and her ankle biters. After Mueller gets ejected for expanding his “witch hunt” beyond the scope of sensibility, Tibsy will have to crawl back under his bed ( his words ) and ward off the MAGA troops with excerpts of speeches from the likes of Tom Perez and Kamala Harris.

Liberal Democrats haven't changed in over a hundred years and moving to another Country doesn't change their perspective.

th
th
ddll1.jpg

And the "system" at work right now is definitely not protecting the republic.
With the incessant lying by Trump and his team I'd say the 'system' is damn well protecting the Republic.

I really have no idea how you - and others - can consistently ignore the facts coming out in this case. It actually blows my mind, the level of naiveté and willful ignorance shown by Trump supporters. The house of cards will fall soon enough. Maybe then you will think back to this past 6-7 months how you missed all the signs that were right in front of you the whole time.

I mean, literally every single day something new comes to light that refutes everything we've been hearing from Trump, his team, the alt right media and of course, here on the board.

Sessions discussed Trump campaign-related matters with Russian ambassador, U.S. intelligence intercepts show
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...77740635e83_story.html?utm_term=.3fedd153cf10

Russia’s ambassador to Washington told his superiors in Moscow that he discussed campaign-related matters, including policy issues important to Moscow, with Jeff Sessions during the 2016 presidential race, contrary to public assertions by the embattled attorney general, according to current and former U.S. officials.

Ambassador Sergey Kislyak’s accounts of two conversations with Sessions — then a top foreign policy adviser to Republican candidate Donald Trump — were intercepted by U.S. spy agencies, which monitor the communications of senior Russian officials both in the United States and in Russia. Sessions initially failed to disclose his contacts with Kislyak and then said that the meetings were not about the Trump campaign.

One U.S. official said that Sessions — who testified that he has no recollection of an April encounter — has provided “misleading” statements that are “contradicted by other evidence.” A former official said that the intelligence indicates that Sessions and Kislyak had “substantive” discussions on matters including Trump’s positions on Russia-related issues and prospects for U.S.-Russia relations in a Trump administration.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.